HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

handzus

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2006, 11:12 AM
e-e

vCash: 500
handzus

i don't know his contract status but do we have something that phily would be interested in? hes a big center and i like him alot. what do you think?

Old
05-05-2006, 11:17 AM
SergeiKost99

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-e
i don't know his contract status but do we have something that phily would be interested in? hes a big center and i like him alot. what do you think?
r u serious? this guy absolutely sucks. I was watching him in the philly/buffalo series and he is one of the players that stood out, in a bad way. He is very i mean very slow, i think dagenais could beat him in a race. If we want a fast gritty team, then we have no room for turtles like handzus

Old
05-05-2006, 11:20 AM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsFanFromPEI
r u serious? this guy absolutely sucks. I was watching him in the philly/buffalo series and he is one of the players that stood out, in a bad way. He is very i mean very slow, i think dagenais could beat him in a race. If we want a fast gritty team, then we have no room for turtles like handzus
I think that was due to him playing with an injury that requires surgery in 1-2 weeks.

Old
05-05-2006, 11:21 AM
AH

We already have Bonk ...

Old
05-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Give this guy a little more credit, when alot of philly players went down with injuries he really steped up his play and helped the team when they were struggling unlike our second line center who hid in the closet when times got tough. Just because you watched a couple playoff games where he was injured and didnt perform exceptionally well neither did the whole philly team its not just on him he is an excelent tallent.

Having said that there will probably be no chance he will come to Montreal even though it would give us some size up the middle on our second like what we desperatly need.

Old
05-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Mike8

Handzus is a fairly flawless player. Not exceptional, but doesn't make many mistakes. Good size, but not too aggressive. Very strong along the boards and good down low. He's not a bad skater either.

But I just don't see the tenacity in him that I'd like. Montreal has enough players who are intelligent positional players. It could use more of the tenacious, grit variety types.

Don't get me wrong: Handzus would help loads, but I wouldn't key in on him.

And I doubt he'd be easily obtained.

Old
05-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Habruti!

We need Jeff Carter more then we need Handzus but I doubt this will happen...

Old
05-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

I know some people really like Handzus, but he's never excited me. He's like Bonk with longer hair. Competent in most areas of the game, good size, but still missing something, as Mike8 alluded to.

Old
05-05-2006, 11:48 AM
hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
We already have Bonk ...

read my mind

Old
05-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Evil Ted

He still would be an upgrade over Ribero.

Old
05-05-2006, 12:04 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
We already have Bonk ...
He's much more of an energy guy. I think Flyers fans love him.

Old
05-05-2006, 12:29 PM
SergeiKost99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted
Give this guy a little more credit, when alot of philly players went down with injuries he really steped up his play and helped the team when they were struggling unlike our second line center who hid in the closet when times got tough. Just because you watched a couple playoff games where he was injured and didnt perform exceptionally well neither did the whole philly team its not just on him he is an excelent tallent.

Having said that there will probably be no chance he will come to Montreal even though it would give us some size up the middle on our second like what we desperatly need.
I also watched handzus in the regular season but in the playoffs i was watching more closely. so when phillys players went down with injury, he "stepped up" and became a number 1 center ok. But even being a number 1 center for about 20 games he only managed 44 points and only 11 goals. While on the other hand ribs had 51 pts and had 16 goals. Everyone was also be pissed at ribs because he can't score, what about handzus on a more offensive team in philly, he only had 11 goals! so to say he is an upgrade over ribs is a stretch

Old
05-05-2006, 02:09 PM
znk

Quote:
I also watched handzus in the regular season but in the playoffs i was watching more closely. so when phillys players went down with injury, he "stepped up" and became a number 1 center ok. But even being a number 1 center for about 20 games he only managed 44 points and only 11 goals. While on the other hand ribs had 51 pts and had 16 goals. Everyone was also be pissed at ribs because he can't score, what about handzus on a more offensive team in philly, he only had 11 goals! so to say he is an upgrade over ribs is a stretch
The thing is....if Ribs dosent score he's virtualy useless. Handzus is still verry usefull when he dosent score. But I think its a mutte point. Handzus is not going anywhere just go ask in the Flyers forum.

Old
05-05-2006, 02:18 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Are we going to have this all summer long with every NHL player under the sun?
Might as well start alphabetically.

I'll start.

We should sign /trade for «Abid, Ramzi».

Old
05-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab
read my mind
He's a much better player then Bonk.

Old
05-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Handzus is a fairly flawless player. Not exceptional, but doesn't make many mistakes. Good size, but not too aggressive. Very strong along the boards and good down low. He's not a bad skater either.

But I just don't see the tenacity in him that I'd like. Montreal has enough players who are intelligent positional players. It could use more of the tenacious, grit variety types.

Don't get me wrong: Handzus would help loads, but I wouldn't key in on him.

And I doubt he'd be easily obtained.
Is he better than Marc Bell?

Old
05-05-2006, 04:21 PM
KaptainKourage*

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=249545

Old
05-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
He's much more of an energy guy. I think Flyers fans love him.
And you'd be right, It would kill me to see him leave. I regard him as an especially valuable forward because of his versatility. He's 29 years old, can play on the second power play unit, first penalty kill unit, can play all three forward positions, and plays through nearly all his injuries.

Unfortunately, for the first time in over two seasons Zeus had to miss nine games because of that pesky shoulder. The should speak volumes about how bad the injury actually was to keep him sidelined like that.

Old
05-05-2006, 04:40 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79
I wouldn't brag about starting that thread, those proposals are brutal.

Old
05-05-2006, 04:46 PM
e-e

[QUOTE=Panasonic Youth]And you'd be right, It would kill me to see him leave. I regard him as an especially valuable forward because of his versatility. He's 29 years old, can play on the second power play unit, first penalty kill unit, can play all three forward positions, and plays through nearly all his injuries.

QUOTE]
that is my picture of handzus....i'd love him in montreal.

Old
05-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
I think alot of people will agree that he is an upgrade over Ribero, his numbers are pretty much the same playing on differnt teams, he is much larger a better checker, can play the pp aswell as kill penaltys, play every position at forward, and play on all 4 lines in differnt roles which things that ribero cant and wont do.

We dont need two undersized centers on our 1st two lines it just doesnt work we need someone of his size and checking ability to make room for our wingers, aswell as provide someone who can fit in when required in differnt situations, Ribero is not good playing defence.

Old
05-05-2006, 05:23 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Not in the new NHL. I doesn't care if the guys he's huge.

I want speed, speed and then more speed. When you think you doesn't have enough speed. Then make them power-skate so that they produce more speed.

We always won in the past with speed. We need speed. Plenty of speed.

Speed. Period.

Speeeeeeeed! That's how this game is played. Always been.

Old
05-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
Is he better than Marc Bell?
Depends on the team's needs. He's certainly more polished. Think of a big body who cycles well, can control the puck down low, and win battles defensively while rubbing out the opposition. He's smart in transition despite not being a great skater, and can move the puck on the breakout. Essentially, he's a 'favourite' for system-coaches like Gainey/Hitchcock, et al, because he's fundamentally very strong. He can move up to a scoring line in a pinch to fill in for an injury and play wing just fine.

On the flip side, he isn't tenacious and he doesn't identify Montreal's need of a big body (who plays big) on a scoring line. Because of this, I'd go with Mark Bell.

I do think Handzus is good. But if I look at the Montreal-Carolina series, would Handzus have made a big difference? I don't think so. He'd have been good, but his role was filled by Plekanec. Mark Bell would have been more important to have.

Old
05-05-2006, 08:00 PM
SergeiKost99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted
I think alot of people will agree that he is an upgrade over Ribero, his numbers are pretty much the same playing on differnt teams, he is much larger a better checker, can play the pp aswell as kill penaltys, play every position at forward, and play on all 4 lines in differnt roles which things that ribero cant and wont do.

We dont need two undersized centers on our 1st two lines it just doesnt work we need someone of his size and checking ability to make room for our wingers, aswell as provide someone who can fit in when required in differnt situations, Ribero is not good playing defence.
im not saying id rather ribiero but just i wouldnt like either one. Id rather richards or arnott(sp) as most of us would. But if it came down to handzus and ribs, i would probably pick handzus even though i wouldnt like it

Old
05-05-2006, 08:10 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
Not in the new NHL. I doesn't care if the guys he's huge.

I want speed, speed and then more speed. When you think you doesn't have enough speed. Then make them power-skate so that they produce more speed.

We always won in the past with speed. We need speed. Plenty of speed.

Speed. Period.

Speeeeeeeed! That's how this game is played. Always been.
Oh..so that's how you evaluate speed?....The guy is big so he's slow?

Closed Thread