HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Moves I'd like to see be made

Old
05-05-2006, 06:11 PM
SouthFlyer82

vCash: 500
Moves I'd like to see be made

Here's what the Flyers should target. Let go of Savage, Brashear, Johnsson. Desjardins and Kapanen retire. Get rid of Nedved, Radio and Rathje. It's going to be hard to get rid of Rathje but they need to move him or Hatcher, and Rathje would be easier(unless from the hand of god Hatcher retires). Talk Primeau into not coming back. then move handzus, Esche and our 1st rounder to move up in the draft.

Re-sign Gagne. We should have between 10-14 million free with the cap going up to say 45 million.

I'd target Frantisek Kaberle(2.5 million) Marc Savard(5 Million) Jamie Langenbrunner(2.5 million)Jan Bulis(2 million)Nathan Dempsey(1 million)

Gagne-Forsberg-Knuble
Langenbrunner-Savard-Umberger
Dimatrakos-Carter-Bulis
Eager-Richards-Potulny/Ruzicka

Pitkinen-Goat
Hatcher-Kaberle
Meyer-Picard/Dempsey

SouthFlyer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Lupul*

I really like how that lineup looks. However not all those moves are possible. Unfortunately Rathje has a NTC. He could play in place of Picard and the only problem then would be salaries.

Last edited by Lupul*: 05-05-2006 at 06:23 PM.
Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2006, 06:17 PM
SouthFlyer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicto10
I really like how that lineup looks. However not all those moves are possible. Unfortunately Rathje has a NTC. He could play in place of picard and the only problem then would be salaries.

Thats why I said pray. This team will not win with both logs back there. They may have hope in LA, where they could use a defensemen and Lombardi is the reason Rathje is here in the first place

Old
05-05-2006, 06:22 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Way too much for Bulis

Way too much for Kaberle

You don't want Dempsey unless he will be seldom used (take it from a Kings fan)

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2006, 06:32 PM
SouthFlyer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Way too much for Bulis

Way too much for Kaberle

You don't want Dempsey unless he will be seldom used (take it from a Kings fan)

Bulis scored 20 goals this year and made a million last year, I think he gets between a 1.5 and 2 million

Kaberle made 1.3 million last year and had the best year of his career, if it's to much it IMO is only by a half million or so.

Old
05-05-2006, 06:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFlyer82
Bulis scored 20 goals this year and made a million last year, I think he gets between a 1.5 and 2 million

Kaberle made 1.3 million last year and had the best year of his career, if it's to much it IMO is only by a half million or so.

Bulis is a still he was in the dog house all year, remember 4 of them were against us in one game.

Kaberle played about what he was paid and is worth.

Old
05-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Brad*

Who is Stacey?

Brad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Dr Love

I'm not sure 5 million lands Savard.

Gauthier paired with Pitkanen? Oye.

And it seems like half of Bulis's goals were vs the Flyers.

Dr Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2006, 07:39 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Who is Stacey?
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...&page=17&pp=25

Old
05-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Steve L*

No to Savard, especially at $5m, hes just leeching of Kovy, Hossa etc.

I probably wouldnt even want him at half that price.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L

I hate to sound like a HF cliche, have you ever watched Savard play? This guy can freaking play, he's not a leach. He's an outstanding offensive player.

Dr Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2006, 09:04 PM
SouthFlyer82

Quote:

i'm sorry but thats absurd. This guy can play. He's a great set up guy and a guy other teams hate to play against. He's also just going into his prime.

Old
05-06-2006, 12:06 AM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
(take it from a Kings fan)
Are you even a Flyers fan anymore? I mean damn, you're rooting for the Senators of all teams It would be more appropriate to root for Buffalo.

easton122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 07:08 AM
Mythology

The Flyers #1 priority has to be a 25 minuets a game, 82+ games a season, top pair, mobile defenseman, aka: Redden. It will cost them close to the max, if not the max unless it is a trade instead of a ufa. I donít think they will have room for a 5+ million forward. With the cap they need Carter to continue to develop. Carter needs to get the 2nd line scoring center minuets. The Umberger-Dimatrakos-Carter line showed it can put up points during the regular season. Give them a chance to continue to develop. The Flyers can also give Potulny or Ruzicka time with Carter if needed for possible offense. They also need a dedicated in-your-face, fast, fore-checking, shut down defensive line with a guy that can win face-offs. They will need to bring in at least one forward for this line, maybe Sillinger?

Mythology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythology
The Flyers #1 priority has to be a 25 minuets a game, 82+ games a season, top pair, mobile defenseman, aka: Redden. It will cost them close to the max, if not the max unless it is a trade instead of a ufa. I donít think they will have room for a 5+ million forward. With the cap they need Carter to continue to develop. Carter needs to get the 2nd line scoring center minuets. The Umberger-Dimatrakos-Carter line showed it can put up points during the regular season. Give them a chance to continue to develop. The Flyers can also give Potulny or Ruzicka time with Carter if needed for possible offense. They also need a dedicated in-your-face, fast, fore-checking, shut down defensive line with a guy that can win face-offs. They will need to bring in at least one forward for this line, maybe Sillinger?
I would like to see Rosie (Ruzicka) get time with Carter. I don't like the way Dimitrakos disappeared in the playoffs. Clarke didn't sound happy, I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone next year anyway. He doesn't deserve second line minutes though. Rosie has serious offensive playmaking skills, Carter needs that on his wing.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Lupul*

I really want to see the Flyers get Peca...

Old
05-06-2006, 10:44 AM
capn89*

I understand getting rid of everyone on your list except Johnsson... why would you want to move him?

capn89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 10:51 AM
toothless joe

How old is Kaberle? I have problems with any leafs players. Kind of tainted don't you think? Savard is too expensive at 5 mil. we can get two guys that fit our needs at that price. Anyway, if we are to throw that kind of money around at one player, Redden is the guy, no question.

toothless joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicto10
I really want to see the Flyers get Peca...
Get him cheap and ship out Primes.

(The things I'm reading over at O&B have shaken my faith in his leadership skills. It's obvious that there were some locker room issues, but we're not positive who was responsible for them. If BBZ is in fact right then Primes should be left out of this team's future plans.)

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Lupul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothless joe
How old is Kaberle? I have problems with any leafs players. Kind of tainted don't you think? Savard is too expensive at 5 mil. we can get two guys that fit our needs at that price. Anyway, if we are to throw that kind of money around at one player, Redden is the guy, no question.
Not Tomas Kaberle, his brother Frantisek Kaberle. He plays for the Canes. He's 32.

Old
05-06-2006, 11:45 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:

Yea I agree, although he dint play with Hossa and Kovy the entire year, maybe just in the PP. He is a decent player but i would hope no one offers him a contract of 5 million, that would be a dumb move. I would offer him 3.5, if he said no then look elsewhere.

Redden will, from what i am hearing, be signing back with Ottawa, or atleast is more interested then Chara.

I think we have to get a lesser d men. I think that once Rthje and Hatcher get heatly and change te way they play they can be our big time men still. Just look at Chara and Redden aginst Buffalo, were they any better? No. PLus i saw se many hokking and holdigng penalties by those two that werent called, that were caleed against us because the refs were looking for it, iguess because of the media saynig we were slower and would have to do that stuff to win...

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 12:55 PM
toothless joe

Hatch is a waste of space and his days of leading a team are behind him. rathje on the other hand may indeed yet be a factor in our defensive scheme. Don't know anything about F. Kaberle.

toothless joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 06:25 PM
mercury

I'd rather spend the amount of money it would take to get Redden on a cheaper puck-moving defenseman that is still a top 4 guy, and top 6 winger. There will be a lot of turnover this offseason, and we need to plug our gaps with multiple good players, not just sign one stud.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 07:20 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
I would like to see Rosie (Ruzicka) get time with Carter. I don't like the way Dimitrakos disappeared in the playoffs. Clarke didn't sound happy, I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone next year anyway. He doesn't deserve second line minutes though. Rosie has serious offensive playmaking skills, Carter needs that on his wing.
I thought Ruzicka was more of a scorer. If he has the playmaking skills then fine, but this line needs someone that creates space for others and can dish the puck to Carter. The problem with Carter to this point is that he is not a puck carrier. Other teams just need to pressure him becasue if he is not unleashing that nasty shot, he hasnt shown that he conconsistently make the other guys on his line better. Obviously he is young and will get better, but I think that line needs a pure passer along the lines of Forsberg.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 07:22 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
I'd rather spend the amount of money it would take to get Redden on a cheaper puck-moving defenseman that is still a top 4 guy, and top 6 winger. There will be a lot of turnover this offseason, and we need to plug our gaps with multiple good players, not just sign one stud.
Agreed. First line is set but I think we need two 2nd line caliber players to play one with Carter and one with Richards for some balance and 2 dmen either Johnsson and another or two new dmen.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote