HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fedor Tyutin

Old
05-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88

Are you serious? That or you've never played a sport.:
Obviously. I've played plently of sports and still do (when time allows) yet another point that has nothing to do with the argument that you have thrown in here. Great Tyutin is playing with better competion but ~gasp~ He is also playing againts better competition. I really feel like responding to you with one word.....DUH!
Quote:
:And how does Prucha and Tyutins compare when talking about "Pro" years..it DOESNT! Thats the whole damn point, comparing Pro years is comparing different levels of skill. Because they suddenly are getting paid to play the game means NOTHING.:
I'll quote you word for word..."I guess Prucha should have been at his ceiling before he came into the NHL because he played pro for 4 years." Now lets compare that to my orignial post... I like Tyutin but his inconsistant play throughout the season kinda makes you wonder if the guy has hit his ceiling. Where in that sentance did i say "Tyutins inconsistant year makes me believe that he has hit his ceiling. Wondering if he is going to turn out to be as good as advertised after 3 years is not only allowed but expected. The guy played better his first year than this year. Infact there were complaints about his play in Hartford last year before he went to Russia. Prucha has nothing to do with this argument. You are the guy who told me defenseman take longer to develop and than you post "Has Prucha hit his ceiling" Which is it little man??
Quote:
:The only people ovverating him are the ones who expected him to jump right in and be a all-star dman, and now that he wasnt his first year people are crying bust or "we should get rid him" And now we got people coming up with insane arguments that because hes been paid to play for the past 3 years in different lower level leagues then he should of hit his ceiling. Talk about grasping for straws
I don't think anyone expected him to jump right in and be an all-star dman. In the right deal the Rangers should consider moving him. Please find where i posted "we should get rid of him?" I keep looking and i can't find it....

He was paid in 3 lower level leagues?

In the past 3 years Tyutin has played 102 games in the best league in the world. Please tell me which different lower level leagues you are talking about? The Atlantic division or the Eastern Conferance?

In closing I didn't mean to start a war. I just wanted some feedback because maybe I was alone in thinking Tyutin may not put it all together (which as i have posted before but you over looked twice he has all the talent to do so) It is all about heart with Tyutin. Stop making up excuses for the guy..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGF
From my perspective, having played college hockey, every player who plays at a high level of competion exhibits inconsistencies in the beginning of their careers. It is the one's who have the skill set/tool box that over several years become consistently steadier and more savvy. Tytutin played a portion of one pro season with the Rangers, a year with HFD (which is not as competitive as the NHL) and this season with the Rangers.

I get to see about 30 Ranger games a yearat the Garden. Whether Tyutin WOWED fans with his play or played a silent but effective game or struggled he still demonstrated his worth to the team and its future. Given his young age, he shows promise, and the Rangers organization wants players of his caliber who can be coached over time to realize their untapped potential.
I agree every player exhibits inconsisencies but after having watched Tyutin for 3 years It's time to wonder if he can put it all together (I don't want to make flyline unhappy so I'll say it again HE HAS ALL THE TOOLS TO DO SO!)

Does Tyutin have the skill set to put it all together is the big question. Why the question is being attacked is beyond me...

BTW Tyutin played most of last season in Russia. The competion in Russia is better than the competition in the AHL. (especially with the lockout going on) The guy has played almost 3 full seasons in the best leagues in the world. If he can't put it all together soon than he never will. Wondering what a guys ceiling is after over 100 games is a problem for you??

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 01:27 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
He put up decent points, that's all I know. Do you have any idea how intelligent this kid is? Yeah, he was obviously scared this season, but he'll be a good D-man on smarts alone.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Fletch

He could be a Tufts...

Molecular Biology major for all I care..my only issue is what's done on the ice. He makes the right decisions, but you need to do it at an NHL level speed, and an NHL level intensity. Last season, he didn't to it at those level too much. Chalk it up to whatever you want. We'll see what he does in his 'second full season'.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 06:42 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
He makes the right decisions
I was talking about hockey smarts.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2006, 07:44 PM
charliemurphy

C'mon. The Ranger defense is going to be built around Staal and Tyutin.
If anyone thinks Tyutin has hit his ceiling needs to relax and stop daydreaming about trading him. Be it on draft day or whenever.
I don't remember Tyutin ever being rumored to be a top-line d'man. IMO...he isn't. But a top 2-line D'man. Definitely.
IMO...Tyutin shouldn't be discussed in terms of what might be wrong/missing on the Rangers. There are a bunch of players in front of him on that list.

charliemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2006, 01:54 AM
ftyutin51

Tyutin is inconsistent, that's what happens when you're still very young, a rookie and gets paired with Tom "S*** ***" Poti for half the season. He put up 25 points, which in my opinion, is not that shabby, considering, once again, he was paired with Tom "S*** ***" Poti for half the season. And don't say "so what, Phaneuf put up 49 or something like that points". We all know Phaneuf is, in terms of skill and talent, a lot more physical and puck-moving then Fedor is and has a rocket of a shot, but is very accurate (20 goals?), unlike Tyutin's, which, I'm sure is out of nervousness due to the Rangers' on and off again hot powerplay. Besides Kasparaitis, who is getting old, the Rangers are lacking the true #1 defensmen partner for Tyutin, who needs a good, experienced defensmen to help him further develop into his #1-2 potential. Trust me on this,

HE WILL GET BETTER.

ftyutin51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2006, 02:31 AM
SickNice

If you are being that critical of Tyutin's play this year, I fear for what some of you will say / think about Staal should he play in NY next year...

Potential and promise don't materialize overnight...

And regardless of "Pro" status, no league in the world compares to the NHL

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2006, 05:29 AM
eco's bones

However high Tyutin reaches I think it's safe to assume he'll eventually be a solid top 4 d-man which makes him part of a future core. Staal should be part of that and hopefully Baranka and Sauer can reach that level.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2006, 11:37 AM
natureboy*

I'm all for playing kids and being patient. However, i think fans and the organization are overrating this kid. I think he be a 4th d-man. I really hope i'm wrong.

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Fletch

Poor Poti...

he seems to get blamed for every defenseman's problems.

Well, we'll see next season - there's no Poti to blame for any defenseman's inconstencies.

Old
05-08-2006, 08:53 AM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
While we are on the topic of incosistent rookies, how about Prucha? This guy's play has been garbage all season in terms of ups and downs.

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 08:54 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
In closing I didn't mean to start a war. I just wanted some feedback because maybe I was alone in thinking Tyutin may not put it all together (which as i have posted before but you over looked twice he has all the talent to do so) It is all about heart with Tyutin. Stop making up excuses for the guy..

You're definitely not alone in that thinking.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 09:05 AM
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
There is no doubt that he may not "put it all together" in terms of being a first ballot All-Star defensman. But, he has come this far so whether he is on the Rangers or not he will always have a job in this league, and people would be happy to have him on their squad. I'm not making exuses for him, but at the same time, come on: "he has no heart, he has no desire"- Do you think those are fair statements to make? If we aren't going to make up excuses for the kid, we shouldn't make up condemnations either.

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Tyutin was fine this year. He had a handful of games that showed why he is so highly regarded. He had more than a handful of games where he was less than expected and looked like he'd taken a step backward from his "real" rookie season of 25 games with the Rangers.
I'm sick of this idea. Tyutin looked almost exactly this season as he did in those 25 games. Those 25 games are among the most overrated things on these boards. He looked so good because he was playing on such a bad team. Now that he was playing on a good team, you see all of the inconsistencies that used to be par for the course.

Besides, I'd throw those 25 games away regardless. Playing as much as he did in the NHL, followed by playing elsewhere for a year makes it a wash. He might as well have NOT played in the NHL at all before this year.

This was his rookie season, and you know what he looked like? A rookie defenseman.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Nich

a GOOD rookie defenseman with room for improvement.

patient is a virture a lot of rangers fans don't have. thats how you really sum up this thread....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Fletch

He's a rookie...

with 25 NHL games under his belt and a season in a pretty decent league in Russia in which many NHLers were present - That's different than your average rookie.

But you're right - he does show rookie inconsistencies that are common and should be expected. What I think many question really is his intensity level/desire (including Renney early in the season). I saw the lack of it in Hartford also and once made the Malakhov comparison (last year I believe), so personally, it's something I pay attention to. Next season will be real telling. Though you can't doubt his skills or his smarts, I believe.

Old
05-08-2006, 11:04 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos
I'm sick of this idea. Tyutin looked almost exactly this season as he did in those 25 games. Those 25 games are among the most overrated things on these boards. He looked so good because he was playing on such a bad team. Now that he was playing on a good team, you see all of the inconsistencies that used to be par for the course.

Besides, I'd throw those 25 games away regardless. Playing as much as he did in the NHL, followed by playing elsewhere for a year makes it a wash. He might as well have NOT played in the NHL at all before this year.

This was his rookie season, and you know what he looked like? A rookie defenseman.
This is pretty spot on. I think Tyutin's upside looked better this year than it did in 2003/2004, but given more games his ups and downs were more apparent.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
a GOOD rookie defenseman with room for improvement.

patient is a virture a lot of rangers fans don't have. thats how you really sum up this thread....

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 02:09 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
C'mon. The Ranger defense is going to be built around Staal and Tyutin.
If anyone thinks Tyutin has hit his ceiling needs to relax and stop daydreaming about trading him. Be it on draft day or whenever.
I don't remember Tyutin ever being rumored to be a top-line d'man. IMO...he isn't. But a top 2-line D'man. Definitely.
IMO...Tyutin shouldn't be discussed in terms of what might be wrong/missing on the Rangers. There are a bunch of players in front of him on that list.
Let's see. According to what you wrote, the Ranger defense is going to be built around Staal and Tyutin. Then you say that he is a second pair defenseman. I don't know of any defenses that are built around second pair defensemen.

I said in the beginning that Tyutin could still become a very good NHL defenseman. What some of you refuse to face is that it's quite possible that this may never happen. If he doesn't show us a helluva lot more next season I really think he becomes a 3rd pair defenseman. Nothing to build upon.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen
Let's see. According to what you wrote, the Ranger defense is going to be built around Staal and Tyutin. Then you say that he is a second pair defenseman. I don't know of any defenses that are built around second pair defensemen.
I said in the beginning that Tyutin could still become a very good NHL defenseman. What some of you refuse to face is that it's quite possible that this may never happen. If he doesn't show us a helluva lot more next season I really think he becomes a 3rd pair defenseman. Nothing to build upon.
I might be way off but I think he is thinking that Staal will turn out to be on the first pair and Tyutin on the second pair. Sort of like a Leetch and Zubov.

Old
05-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangersFan

leave it to another Croatian to see the truth.....

so can't wait for my trip back there in August

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
leave it to another Croatian to see the truth.....

so can't wait for my trip back there in August
I fly out on July 14th!

Old
05-08-2006, 04:18 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Tyutin is not a bad player, it's just the fact that people are expecting him to be our premiere #1 defesnman. I really feel that JD and Sam have hyped the hell out of Tyutin, and even though I love Sam and JD I feel that they're wrong about this. Tyutin is going be fine, but I definately do not think he is going to be anywhere close to what people expect of him. He is not going to be an allstar, he will not win any trophies, he'll be adequate, but that is all, he's nothing special. He's just an average defender with a ton of hype and an overrated offensive side. Don't expect too much of him, and you won't be dissapointed. He didn't do anything this year, he didn't play particularly bad save 3 or 4 games near the end of the season, and he certainly did not do anything particularly noteworthy, in fact, as another poster said, half the time he was out there he was invisable and I didn't even notice him.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2006, 04:23 PM
ftyutin51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
he seems to get blamed for every defenseman's problems.

Well, we'll see next season - there's no Poti to blame for any defenseman's inconstencies.
I didn't mean it like Poti actually caused Tyutin's inconsistencies, what I really meant was that, being paired with Tom Poit, who IMO (and a handful of other Rangers fans), is not a good d-defensmen and is also quite inconsistent himself, wasn't a good partner for Tyutin, and you could tell after the first few games they wree paired together. Tyutin is inconsistent because, face it, he's 22-years old, and even though it's been said already, 2005-2006 was his first almost FULL year (missed a few games). Or maybe it was his confidence level, or having been out with a minor injury and still being a little bit shaky or whatever and that cause him to be inconsistent.

Like I said in my post earlier, the Rangers have to get a guy who is experienced, solid offensively and defensively and can help Tyutin in ways Tom Poti and Darius Kasparaitis can't. But even if the Rangers don't get a Chara, or Redden or Kubina, etc., I still BELIEVE that Tyutin will win over the fans hearts, and guess what? I'm a very patient person, I believe things good or bad happen for a reason, and that we should all just have a little bit more faith in our team's young players (Prucha too, Dakose).

Last edited by ftyutin51: 05-08-2006 at 04:34 PM.
ftyutin51 is offline   Reply With Quote