HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's with Komisarek?

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2003, 03:11 PM
Bo

vCash:
What's with Komisarek?

Among all of the disappointments, he has to rank as the biggest at this point. They should have left him at Michigan, he would be finiahing his final season. Habs have a history of screwing up thier top draft picks.

Komisarek -3 tonight. He seems to be slipping backwards. If they screw things up with him, they may as well fold the franchise. It looks like they definately blew it with Kostitcyn. If you can't make your top 10 picks count, there is no hope.

Old
11-02-2003, 03:19 PM
habitants9_4

vCash: 500
Were u at the game today?
Don't bad mouth Komisarek unless you see him play! This post is ridiculous, Komisarek is absolutely amazing! He hits like crazy, covers his own end very well. He's GREAT!!!!

Old
11-02-2003, 03:22 PM
FTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo
Among all of the disappointments, he has to rank as the biggest at this point. They should have left him at Michigan, he would be finiahing his final season. Habs have a history of screwing up thier top draft picks.

Komisarek -3 tonight. He seems to be slipping backwards. If they screw things up with him, they may as well fold the franchise. It looks like they definately blew it with Kostitcyn. If you can't make your top 10 picks count, there is no hope.
STATS = Good for Baseball

I bet you did not watch that game....you just get the G A PTS +/- from some website, and you think your an expert.

Nice try

Old
11-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Habsaku

Quote:

Sometimes I wish I could stop myself from saying people are idiots, but truly I can't.

Old
11-02-2003, 03:25 PM
Bo

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitants9_4
Don't bad mouth Komisarek unless you see him play! This post is ridiculous, Komisarek is absolutely amazing! He hits like crazy, covers his own end very well. He's GREAT!!!!
He was supposed to be competing for the Calder Trophy in the NHL, not going -3 in the AHL. He would have been much better off playing for Red Berenson at Michigan. The stupid management of last season thought they could save their sorry butts by rushing some of these kids along. Savard, Boivin etc. should NOT be allowed any sort of role in the running of this team. NO MORE local deadwood.

Old
11-02-2003, 03:34 PM
CHareth

(sigh) ... Bo

Old
11-02-2003, 03:35 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
He was supposed to be competing for the Calder Trophy in the NHL, not going -3 in the AHL. He would have been much better off playing for Red Berenson at Michigan. The stupid management of last season thought they could save their sorry butts by rushing some of these kids along. Savard, Boivin etc. should NOT be allowed any sort of role in the running of this team. NO MORE local deadwood.

Bo please tell me your kidding, the guy is in his 20s, if a prospect is as good as you say, he isn't playing in college at that age, in fact what the hell would he have gained playing against weak competition? Did it help Balej to go back to juniors as an overrager? He admitted it didn't. Having one bad night in one of the most overrated stats in hockey doesn't tell if a player is a bust or not. Savard and Timmins did a pretty good job drafting in Ottawa IMO, so I'd rather keep them. I'm wondering how much of Komisarek and Kosticyn youve actually seen.

Old
11-02-2003, 03:48 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
The stats indicate he had a bad game but maybe it's because of JF Damphousse 14saves on 18 shots

Old
11-02-2003, 03:57 PM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Just sit down and relax, he had a bad game ( I assume he had a bad game even though I don't see it ... ), so what?

Go take a beer, rent a movie, sit down, relax and please... breathe... slowly. It's only one damn, every player has an off game once in a while.

Old
11-02-2003, 04:23 PM
Mike8

Can't we ban Bobo already?

He's already riddled this forum with racist remarks, accompanied by more absurd, ignorant player analysis.

I don't mean to give you mods (more of) a headache, but this guy's obnoxious and pure troll.

Old
11-02-2003, 04:24 PM
Kirk Muller

T-R-O-L-L.

Isn't it funny how this guy comes along any time things are going tough for the habs or one of their prospects. Hopefully someone bans this guy pretty soon. He is simply a S*%t disturber. His post have been constant bashing of prospects to complete and utter hatred of the francophone community.

I don't mean to discredit their jobs, but a moderator has got to step up already on this guy.

Old
11-02-2003, 04:31 PM
habitants9_4

As for Komisarek's bad game! It wasn't all that bad.
He was on for the Bulldogs only goal.
One goal went off Suomervuori's skate and in (he was standing near the hash marks) Komi was on
The other goal he picked up Todd Harvey in front of the net, and Beauchemin left a guy open.
I have seen him NAIL AT LEAST 15 players in like 5 or 6 games.

Old
11-02-2003, 04:44 PM
Mike8

Quote:
As for Komisarek's bad game! It wasn't all that bad.
He was on for the Bulldogs only goal.
One goal went off Suomervuori's skate and in (he was standing near the hash marks) Komi was on
The other goal he picked up Todd Harvey in front of the net, and Beauchemin left a guy open.
I have seen him NAIL AT LEAST 15 players in like 5 or 6 games.
Good to hear he's becoming more aggressive.

A few questions for you on him though if you've had the chance to watch him closely this year....

1- One concern I had with Komisarek in years past was that he hit primarily using his upper body strength. He'd shove players (and they would still fall), but he wouldn't really destroy them using his lower body strength; almost crouching as he lined up his opponent, then moving his body upwards to eventually give a nice shoulder check. Has he improved this, and started using his lower body strength when hitting? Or is he still kind of shoving the opposition around?

2- How's Komisarek been in the crease? Has he started using his stick to abuse the opposition? And has he learned the simple defensive tactic of always being between the opponent and your goalie? These are some things he's lacked in the past.

Lastly, I was hoping you could tell us about how Chris Higgins has performed, if you've seen him enough yet. What line has he been on? Has he been the go-to guy of his line? How's his physical play been?

Sorry for the abundance of questions. I'm quite jealous you're able to see all these kids play! Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Old
11-02-2003, 05:28 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo

Yes.. yes.. fold the franchise if Komisarek doesn't pan out. This may be the only smart thing to do.

It's a good thing the Habs are an expansion team, maybe they can still get their expansion fee back?

Turn out the lights Mr.Gillette, we are certainly doomed if Komisarek does not turn out to be Bobby Orr.

Old
11-02-2003, 05:31 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Yes.. yes.. fold the franchise if Komisarek doesn't pan out. This may be the only smart thing to do.

It's a good thing the Habs are an expansion team, maybe they can still get their expansion fee back?

Turn out the lights Mr.Gillette, we are certainly doomed if Komisarek does not turn out to be Bobby Orr.
Even if Komisarek does pan out, Kostistsyn wasn't a good choice, so we're screwed anyway... bye bye Habs.

Hey Bo: :moon:

Old
11-02-2003, 06:06 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
Even if Komisarek does pan out, Kostistsyn wasn't a good choice, so we're screwed anyway... bye bye Habs.

Hey Bo: :moon:

We really won't know if Andrei Kastsitsyn was a good choice, for a little while. The whole arguement is moot, since the kid was just drafted.

Don't make me pull out my Guns n Roses cd, and play "Patience" for everyone. Cause damnit, I'll do it.

Old
11-02-2003, 06:08 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Blew it with Kastitstyn? Thanks to montreal, we can see that he has 8 goals in 8 games in Russia so far.

Trevor Timmins, our director of player personnel, has said himself that Kastitstyn was NHL Ready this year. He will be signed before next year, and most likely be on the Habs line-up for next season (barring there is one).

About Komisarek, yes Michigan would have been a good place for him, too. But let's look at the coaching. In Michigan, Red Berenson is head of things. Red is a GREAT coach, but you can argue that Doug Jarvis may be even better for Komisarek at this stage. I've read about Mike's praise for Berenson, but when things are all said and done, I think those nice thoughts will be directed towards Jarvis, too.

Old
11-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Don't make me pull out my Guns n Roses cd, and play "Patience" for everyone. Cause damnit, I'll do it.
I double dog dare you............cause damnit, that's what people need.

Old
11-02-2003, 06:37 PM
habsfansam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
is that how axel would say it?? "hell no! he'd turn the car around, slam on the gas, and run those suckers down!!"

Bo, grow up. I've said this every time you slander the habs youngsters over the past month... if you are from the year 2015 and suffer from hindsight while facing backwards into the future... great! Say so... until then, try to keep your commentary constructive and insightful.

As for Komi, i was surprised when he signed... however i think the experience has been good for him. A challenging opponent physically is keeping him honest in terms of his development (no heads down, a la Lindros cutting across the middle, just cause he's bigger).

Kastitsyn will be just fine... the guy has been playing well by all accounts. if anyone can get the games (CSKA2 or CSKA1) and transfer them to .avi, i'm sure we could find a spot to post those games online... then we'd all get to be bona fide kastitsyn experts!! Else we have to wait until the WJC... ;(

Go HABS!!

Old
11-02-2003, 07:03 PM
NYR1084

Send a message via AIM to NYR1084
Bo

You need to get out more You are ripping on two young men who happen to be exceptionally well hockey players. You make it seem like if these guys have a bad game or a rough opening to their season, they are busts. Give them a chance man, instead of all this negative input.
Its called potential for a reason.

Kev

Old
11-02-2003, 07:20 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone

Ohh... well take this then:

Shed a tear 'cause I missin' you
I'm still alright to smile
Girl I think about you ev'ry day now
Was a time when I wasn't sure
But you set my mind at ease
There is no doubt
You're in my heart now
Said woman take it slow
It'll work itself out fine
All we need is just a little patience
Said sugar make it slow and
We come together fine
All we need is just a little patience
Patience

I sit here on the stairs
'Cause I'd rather be alone
If I can't have you right now I'll wait, dear
Sometimes I get so tense
But I can't speed up the time
But you know, love there's
One more thing to consider
Said woman take it slow
And thing will be just fine
You and I'll just use a little patience
Said sugar take the time
'Cause the lights are shining bright
You and I've got what it takes to make it
We won't fake it
Aah, never break it
'Cause I can't take it

...little patience, mm yeah, mm yeah,
need a little patience, yeah,
just a little patience, yeah,
some more pati..
I'll been walkin' the streets to night
just trying to get it right
it's hard to see when so many around
You know I don't like being stuck in a crowd
And the streets don't change, but baby the names
I ain't got time for this game
'Cause I need you,
yeah but I need you,
oh I need you,
woh I need you,
oo This time

Old
11-02-2003, 08:47 PM
Bo

vCash:
Komisarek's college career exactly paralleled Rob Blake for the first two years. Blake stayed in the CCHA for his junior year and absolutely dominated, offensively, defensively, physically. Then he stepped roght inot the NHL and was a star from day one. Komisarek could have done the same.

Savard got scared because all his moves were turning into disasters so he thought well, maybe I can salvage my (unearned) reputation as someone who can bring in prospects at least so I can continue to have a job in this game. They put the pressure on Komisarek and offered the big bucks even though the two people who knew him best - Berenson and Garry Hart both said he wasn't ready.

Now it's two years later and Mike is struggling in Hamilton. Great. Thanks a lot, you jerks.

Old
11-02-2003, 11:03 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo
Komisarek's college career exactly paralleled Rob Blake for the first two years. Blake stayed in the CCHA for his junior year and absolutely dominated, offensively, defensively, physically. Then he stepped roght inot the NHL and was a star from day one. Komisarek could have done the same.

Savard got scared because all his moves were turning into disasters so he thought well, maybe I can salvage my (unearned) reputation as someone who can bring in prospects at least so I can continue to have a job in this game. They put the pressure on Komisarek and offered the big bucks even though the two people who knew him best - Berenson and Garry Hart both said he wasn't ready.

Now it's two years later and Mike is struggling in Hamilton. Great. Thanks a lot, you jerks.
Where did you read that Red said that Komo wasn't ready? I'm curious, because I'd like to know the source (link too if you've got it). I know that Red was disappointed to see Komo leave Michigan, but I've never seen an article where Red flat-out said that Komo was NOT ready to turn pro.

Old
11-03-2003, 02:11 AM
HabsAddict

I wish people knew what they were talking about before they make silly comments. At the very least, they should watch him play rather then just comment with no basis.

Komo is far more aggressive and confident this year then last year.

However...

He is going to need a lot of time to learn the game. His positioning is poor on many occasions and his reads of plays even poorer. That is not a surprise since he started to play the game at a much later stage in his life (teen) then most players.

He needs a full season or two of seasoning and learning in the AHL.

He is NOT a bust, he has the shot, skating and smarts to make it. As he stands, right now, he is our 8th best defenseman.

P.S. When I say "poor", I am using as an average of a decent number 4 NHL defenseman. When he can read plays like a number 4 defenseman, then he would automatically become a top two because of his physical play.

Old
11-03-2003, 04:07 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo

News Flash Jack***!

It was his choice to leave Michigan and he took it...

And you are saying we blew it with him and Kastsitsyn...I think you are about 5 years ahead of yourself with comment...

Welcome to my Ignore list moron...I can't believe I wasted my time in this thread.

Closed Thread