HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Healey Recalled = Nedved Out?

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2003, 11:57 AM
L.I.RangerFan

vCash: 500
Healey Recalled = Nedved Out?

Rangers recalled LW Paul Healey from Hartford.

Is Nedved out or is this just precautionary?

www.newyorkrangers.com

Old
11-03-2003, 12:03 PM
barnaby63

shhh...here that mate? thats the species known as the "satheris-hatersis" getting ready to bash him once again, ah but ya never want to get anywhere near these fiesty little creatures cause they will give ya a good bite! lets get closer for a better look!

-not as good as it couldve been but i am in a hurry to get home from work. could fix it up later if you like.

Old
11-03-2003, 12:12 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
shhh...here that? thats the sather-haters getting ready to bash him once again.
Could you please re-post that, but this time use the "crocodile hunters" accent??

I'd laugh like hell if you did..

Old
11-04-2003, 04:11 AM
KING

http://www.ctnow.com/sports/hockey/h...adlines-hockey

Old
11-04-2003, 04:44 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Without Nedved, Glen Sather might stick with the Kovalev-Dominic Moore-Jamie Lundmark line that finished Sunday's game, with Jan Hlavac moved down to fourth-line duty alongside Dan LaCouture and Paul Healey, the 28-year-old forward recalled from Hartford yesterday. Mike Siklenka was placed on waivers to make room. Defenseman Dale Purinton, who has played only one of the first 10 games, also could play some fourth-line forward.
I can already tell that tonights lines are going to be ill-conceived. What a great way to gauge Healy's game, by having him play with the utterly useless Jan Hlavac and D-Lac at the pivot. Makes a lot of sense to me.

I'd go with...

Rosie/Holik/Barnaby
Simon/Messier/Kovie
Healy/Moore/Lundmark
Hlavac/Carter/D-Lac

Siklenka's NYR career ends after 3 shifts. The net result of losing Petro, Heerma, Heins, Keefe and now Siklenka to the waiver wire is the now benched Joel Bouchard. Now THAT'S what I call asset management.

Old
11-04-2003, 04:54 AM
JR#9*

I'd go with--

Rosie-Holik-Carter
Simon-Mess-Kovie
Barnaby-Moore-Lundy

Lacouture-Healey for the occasional shift w/a center being double shifted (only 2 or 3 shifts)and PK duties and dress Bouchard as a 7th d-man and let Hlavac take a seat tonight.

The ONLY positive to this is maybe Mess gets his 2 pts tonight and can move into 2nd on home ice which I'm really hoping for.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:00 AM
Fletch

Healy will get little opportunity...

to play tonight, which may be why Wiseman wasn't called up. Would've liked to have seen Scott in such a role (although he and Hlavac are both left wingers).

Old
11-04-2003, 06:13 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Would've liked to have seen Scott in such a role (although he and Hlavac are both left wingers).
I have been hearing/reading A LOT of good things about Scott. He has been very physical this year (both dropping the gloves and bodychecks) and hs been scoring some goals. I think he scored 2 the other night, of which one was an unassisted shorthanded goal. Now that you bring it up and as I think more on it, I would have liked to get a look at Scott here as well. I could really care less if Hlavac had to more to the right wing or was not dressed at all. Especially given that tonight's game against Dallas could get a little rough. I think that Scott has it in him to be more than just a 4th line enforcer. I have wanted to see him get a chance for a few years now.

P.S. Adam, if you are reading this, you watch the 'Pach the most out of all of us. What's your assesment of Scott?

Old
11-04-2003, 06:24 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
P.S. Adam, if you are reading this, you watch the 'Pach the most out of all of us. What's your assesment of Scott?
Adam moved to Cali over the summer. There were come decent 'Pack recaps on the Ranger homepage though for the past week.

Sorry JR, but there's not a chance in hell I would go with 3 lines tonight. The result of cutting down to 3 lines on Sunday is all too fresh in my mind and I'm not anxious to see a repeat of this team folding in the 3rd because everyone's logging more minutes than they're capable of.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:38 AM
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
I just hope Nedved gets back soon. As much as i like mroe playing time for Moore and Lundmark, Lindros and Nedved are our top 2 centers.

Old
11-04-2003, 06:49 AM
Fletch

Three lines would be death...

with Carolina and Philly coming up. I do guarantee that Sather screws up the ice time and Mess logs nearly 20 minutes, thus beginning his downswing in play (and playing with an injured neck doesn't help things).

Old
11-04-2003, 07:00 AM
Flames 1st pick

How long is Nedved going to be out? Anybody knows?

Old
11-04-2003, 07:09 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan
How long is Nedved going to be out? Anybody knows?
Nope, nobody knows..

It's being called a "Lower back strain" so I would guess its a day to day thing...

He'll likely miss tonight and maybe the next game, but I'm just guessing..

Old
11-04-2003, 07:18 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm not going to suggest any lines, but I would not break up Simon, Mess and Barnaby.

Old
11-04-2003, 07:22 AM
Fletch

Agreed klingsor...

but if the lines that I saw in some paper are true, I'm a bit excited...Lundmark-Moore-Kovalev? Can that be possible?

Old
11-04-2003, 07:30 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
but if the lines that I saw in some paper are true, I'm a bit excited...Lundmark-Moore-Kovalev? Can that be possible?
Sather used that line Sunday after Nedved got hurt.

If Kovalev hadn't been so pissed about getting smashed headfirst into the boards and some subsequent non-calls against him, it would have worked better.

Lundmark and Moore seem to have some real chemistry. Right now Moore looks like he might be a slightly bigger and stronger York. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Old
11-04-2003, 07:40 AM
Fletch

He looks taller..

and a bit lankier though. I missed Sunday's game, mostly, but I saw him throw a couple checks on Saturday, and didn't see him shy away from any contact. That's a good sign. Of course now we'll start seeing if it was all initial adrenaline and he wears down quickly, or if he has a chance at making it at the NHL level.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:05 AM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
He IS actually bigger and stronger than Lundmark and is half a year older. Lundmark is no more than 5'11" probably.
He is not bigger or stronger than Lundmark. The comment was that he is bigger than York. Moore looks to be a lanky 6', Lundmark looks more filled out than Moore and looks to be a legit 6'.

Yorkie is smaller than both of these guys, but the big question is if they can score in the NHL like him

Closed Thread