HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Vielle Nieminen Big Game 1 out in SJ

Old
05-09-2006, 01:33 AM
StartLundqvist

vCash: 500
I never understood this trade at all. Hossa had been horrible and Niemenen has been finding his legs and is a great player to have in the playoffs - a guy that hits people, hustles, and gets on the other teams' nerves. Idiotic trade by Sather.

StartLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2006, 10:40 AM
shoothepuck
NY Raiders AMNRL

As a Ranger, Ville would have had 7 penalties to go along with his 15 hits.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2006, 11:11 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
He is doing good because he enjoys himself in SJ. He is playing with his boyhoold friend Vesa Toskala. If you watch after each win, Ville is the last to congratulate Vesa, and they skate off the ice laughing all the way (not that Ville doesn't laugh all the time anyway with that Jack Nicholson mouth).

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 12:17 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
yeah that was great to hear..good for ville, and to think we traded him for cap space to obtain ozolinsh...omg

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 12:38 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by StartLundqvist
I never understood this trade at all. Hossa had been horrible and Niemenen has been finding his legs and is a great player to have in the playoffs - a guy that hits people, hustles, and gets on the other teams' nerves. Idiotic trade by Sather.
agreed we must get more gritty skilled players in offseason, or heck the way dubinsky is playing, id like him to be like mike york did, played great in AHL playoffs, and made team out of camp the following year after few games in ahl. I know York did that from college, and the college hockey is different from juniors. Maybe the way Dubinsky is playing in the playoffs maybe he can make the Rangers out of camp. He has grit that we can use and skill too. Go Dubinsky.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 01:19 AM
Thresher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77
He is doing good because he enjoys himself in SJ. He is playing with his boyhoold friend Vesa Toskala. If you watch after each win, Ville is the last to congratulate Vesa, and they skate off the ice laughing all the way (not that Ville doesn't laugh all the time anyway with that Jack Nicholson mouth).
for those interested, that topic was addressed in this sharks forum w/ photos: Tosk & Ville

it's interesting to note that Vesa, a man of very few words, told Ville to chill out and to not take so many stupid penalties a few games into the Preds series. I'd say he's managed to heed Tosk's words...so far

regarding the discussion at hand, it can be frustrating to see a player's game pick up with another squad, after witnessing a near comatose campaign on your fave team...for SJ, Kipper comes to mind, the ultimate 'wasn't cutting it here despite given every opportunity, then packed it up - headed out - and flourished'

but hey, it happens - and often...I'm sure the Avalanche are none too thrilled with Selanne getting the best of them as a Duck in this lopsided series, after his lack of production in Colorado *last season.

also, Ville at 28 or 29, has already been on six different teams already, which makes me wonder how long he'll be with the Sharks

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 03:33 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
look niemmen became expendable because hollweg was doing what niemmen could not do here on a regular basis, play every shift, throw his body around, and be smart in the defensive zone and avoid penalties

niemmen took far too many penalties and was very lazy at times here, hollweg was the reason he was moved

i wont say that niemmen wasnt motivated because i dont know that, but he became expendable when hollweg began to do his job and not take bad penalties

i wish niemmen well, i liked him and wanted us to sign him, but him being dealt (essentially for ozo) is hindsight, which is always 20/20

slats always makes a good deal followed by a bad one, this year it was drats for sykora followed by niemmen for ozo (even though it was niemo for a pick and the pick for ozo)

hes due for a good trade so his next one should be a good one
maybe their is a future deal to the ozo one, like chistovs rights for rachuneks rights get it done

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote