HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Cba Will Sooner Or

Old
08-09-2006, 09:42 AM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
New Cba Will Sooner Or

later resemble the NFL style of salaries . I thought it would take a few more years , but you will see 1/4 of the players making 60 percent of your cap and or budget , and the rest will fight for scraps. I have no problem with players making as much as they can , but arbitration ,and greed will have teams with 4-6 players tying up most of your money. It will be a huge problem in the dressing room , and a ton of players like Anson Carter will be shut out of the money . If these arby awards continue at this pace , and if the cap ever drops , it will be fun to watch teams scramble for cover. Plus teams who blow thier brains out in an off season , won`t be buyers in future years. You either lock up your kids , like Columbus did wityh Klesa for 4 years at about $ 1.7 a year , and hope he improves , and he buys a few years of arbitration , or you walk away from an aging veteran like I think we do with Rivet if he starts commanding 4 mil a year , for a 4th dman.

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 10:35 AM
znk

The thing we are missing from the NFL is there is no garanteed contracts in the NFL.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 11:12 AM
HabuseMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
The thing we are missing from the NFL is there is no garanteed contracts in the NFL.
which means? (I don't know squat about NFL =P )

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Namso

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
which means? (I don't know squat about NFL =P )
which means if you don't perform well, they cut you from the team and your money is gone. But to compensate for this, teams usually offer signing bonuses/guaranteed money and other stuff. Still more risky for the player.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

The salary cap will also keep going up,therefore most owners will have no choice

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote