HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holt or Weekes, which one will be Ran. backup next year, which one Wolfpack starter?

View Poll Results: Weekes vs Holt
Weekes will remain Rangers backup, Holt will settle for being Wolfpack starter next year 33 27.73%
Holt will take over as Rangers backup, Weekes will be demoted to being Wolfpack starter next year 8 6.72%
Holt will be the backup in Hartford 58 48.74%
Montoya will be the backup with the Rangers 20 16.81%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
Motoya for Labarbera and a 5th.
I hope you have been drinking (but not driving!).

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:
Motoya for Labarbera and a 5th.
Montoya for Alexi Yashin!!

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 06:30 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist102
Montoya for Alexi Yashin!!
Oh God no.

05-29-2006, 06:43 PM
wildone26*

I am glad this poll is still here. I hope Weekes is traded so Holt can be the Rangers backup instead of the Hartford starter. Montoya also would probably like to be the Hartford starter for a 2nd straight year, rather then be Holt's backup, as he will be if Weekes is not traded.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 07:15 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Weekes will be traded. He's not happy as a backup and he has value around the league. He has been a class act this year and I expect the Rangers to reward him for being a loyal soldier this year. There is zero chance of Weekes going to Hartford because he would never clear waivers. The Rangers will likely sign a veteran backup (Jussi Markanen?) and have Montoya and Holt in Hartford. In the event the King gets hurt, look at Montoya coming up and playing most of the games.

bobbop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
I am glad this poll is still here. I hope Weekes is traded so Holt can be the Rangers backup instead of the Hartford starter. Montoya also would probably like to be the Hartford starter for a 2nd straight year, rather then be Holt's backup, as he will be if Weekes is not traded.
I'd say you've been drinking too, but since you started this poll, I can't fall back on that excuse for you. In all honesty, Holt will be lucky to get 30 starts next season. I'm not bashing Holt here, just being realistic. He put himself into the mix for Hartford with his playoff run--and created a situation where the backup job in Hartford is his to lose, but he's done nothing so far to displace any of the goalies ahead of him on the depth chart in the organization.

Old
05-30-2006, 08:10 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Two questions. First of all, if you can be honest, how old are you? I ask so that maybe the second question may not become necessary. There is simply no one with any type of rational thinking can think these thoughts.
If you are old enough, the second question is simply, are you actually serious or just want to make a private joke?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2006, 11:33 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
I'd say you've been drinking too, but since you started this poll, I can't fall back on that excuse for you. In all honesty, Holt will be lucky to get 30 starts next season. I'm not bashing Holt here, just being realistic. He put himself into the mix for Hartford with his playoff run--and created a situation where the backup job in Hartford is his to lose, but he's done nothing so far to displace any of the goalies ahead of him on the depth chart in the organization.
Actually Brooklyn I don't think he ever stopped drinking. Holt did a nice in the playoffs and resurrected himself but I don't see him displacing any of our other goalies anytime soon.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 02:01 PM
wildone26*

I dont know why everybody is so anti-Holt. You will see come the new season that he will play a prominent role, either starting in Hartford, or backing up in the NHL. Backing up in the AHL, or playing in the ECHL is not what is good for his development, he is ready for the next step.

Old
06-06-2006, 02:03 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
I dont know why everybody is so anti-Holt. You will see come the new season that he will play a prominent role, either starting in Hartford, or backing up in the NHL. Backing up in the AHL, or playing in the ECHL is not what is good for his development, he is ready for the next step.

If you mean by next step that he made a good case for himself to be the backup in Hartford rather the backup in Charlotte then I agree.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 02:18 PM
wildone26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
If you mean by next step that he made a good case for himself to be the backup in Hartford rather the backup in Charlotte then I agree.
I thought he was a platoon starter in Charlotte.

Old
06-06-2006, 02:22 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
I thought he was a platoon starter in Charlotte.
He played a good amount of games, but Jeff Glass was the #1.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Fletch

I don't see why...

the Rangers would give up a guy like Weekes as its backup goalie. If Lundqvist goes down, they can fall back on a seasoned vet. The Rangers are lucky because their overall goaltending unit is not expensive and thus unloading someone for that reason is not needed. Come March, if Montoya or Holt or Gherson are looking as though they no longer belong in the AHL and are making a serious push, perhaps then the Rangers can trade Weekes to a team looking for goaltending help and get something back in return. I don't see the need to rush a 21 year old (Montoya) who played 40 AHL games into the NHL, nor do I see the need to rush a 21 year old (Holt) who spent most of the season in the ECHL and had a few good AHL games. But realistically speaking, I am pretty confident Sather doesn't make a move in that regard, especially at the beginning of the season - the tandem is cheap ($2.7MM for the two) and experienced and both can be starting goalies.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 02:53 PM
bigblue21

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Two questions. First of all, if you can be honest, how old are you? I ask so that maybe the second question may not become necessary. There is simply no one with any type of rational thinking can think these thoughts.
If you are old enough, the second question is simply, are you actually serious or just want to make a private joke?
It's a joke, albeit not funny. Keep in mind, this is coming from the same poster who first talks about how robbie schremp was screwed in this year's WJC's and therefore the US finished 4th just to rile up Kessel supporters here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?...47&page=1&pp=25

And then bashed Schremp and how he was relegated to the 4th line in the WJC's just to rile up Edmonton supporters here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=254752

Suffice to say I will be ignoring wildone's posts from now on and I suggest you do the same so as to avoid a headache. I'm not one to call out another poster, but this stuff is ridiculous.

bigblue21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Ah, it's the poll that refuses to end.

Old
06-06-2006, 10:07 PM
wildone26*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
He played a good amount of games, but Jeff Glass was the #1.
That is awful, he was only the ECHL backup, dont the organization realize the special talent they have on hand. They wouldnt even let him be an ECHL starter.

Old
06-07-2006, 01:22 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
the Rangers would give up a guy like Weekes as its backup goalie. If Lundqvist goes down, they can fall back on a seasoned vet. The Rangers are lucky because their overall goaltending unit is not expensive and thus unloading someone for that reason is not needed. Come March, if Montoya or Holt or Gherson are looking as though they no longer belong in the AHL and are making a serious push, perhaps then the Rangers can trade Weekes to a team looking for goaltending help and get something back in return. I don't see the need to rush a 21 year old (Montoya) who played 40 AHL games into the NHL, nor do I see the need to rush a 21 year old (Holt) who spent most of the season in the ECHL and had a few good AHL games. But realistically speaking, I am pretty confident Sather doesn't make a move in that regard, especially at the beginning of the season - the tandem is cheap ($2.7MM for the two) and experienced and both can be starting goalies.
Kevin is an insurance policy at this time and not much else. I expect he will be gone by March. I've heard noises that he wasn't happy about the Rangers playing Henrik injured in the playoffs. If all that is so it could be looked upon as a vote of no confidence. I wouldn't be surprised if a deal were made and we had a new No 2 coming out of training camp. In any case if Kevin had been the main goalie last year I would have to think we would not have made the playoffs. He is okay but to me he is a backup and I don't have faith (at least from what I saw this past season) that he'll be able to carry this team anywhere if Henrik went down.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2006, 08:20 AM
True Blue

I actually cannot believe

that 32 people seem to think that Holt will be the 'Pack starter over Montoya. For those that are voting for it, what pray tell is the basis of your belief?

Old
06-07-2006, 10:20 AM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
that 32 people seem to think that Holt will be the 'Pack starter over Montoya. For those that are voting for it, what pray tell is the basis of your belief?
You asked this way back on page 2 I believe. The original poll only had 3(or 2, cant really remember) ridiculous options so some people voted for the lesser evil I guess. It basically came down to, 'Will Holt start in Hartford or be the backup on the Rangers'. A mod added the most sane one.

romba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2006, 10:31 AM
True Blue

Quote:
You asked this way back on page 2 I believe. The original poll only had 3(or 2, cant really remember) ridiculous options so some people voted for the lesser evil I guess. It basically came down to, 'Will Holt start in Hartford or be the backup on the Rangers'. A mod added the most sane one.
Ahh...I had forgotten about the fact that I already replied within the thread.

Old
06-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
I think we should worry more about the 8 who voted for Holt as Ranger backup and Weekes as the Hartford starter!

Old
06-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Edge

Ah heck let's just go with Gherson and Holt.

Trade Weekes for a 5th, Lundqvist for a top line center and Montoya for a first in the draft.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote