HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix a good trading partner???

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Matrix

vCash: 500
Phoenix a good trading partner???

I'm sure Phoenix would be a good trading partner, especially when it comes to Aebisher instead of Cujo who will be leaving or soon to be. But let's say we forget about Aebi and do some kind of deal like this :

Montreal sends : Our 16th and Perez

Phoenix sends : Their 8th and Logan Stephenson (prospect d-man playing for Tri-City)

Are we willing to risk it???

Old
05-09-2006, 10:34 AM
the_crippler12

no

Old
05-09-2006, 10:39 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
I'm sure Phoenix would be a good trading partner, especially when it comes to Aebisher instead of Cujo who will be leaving or soon to be. But let's say we forget about Aebi and do some kind of deal like this :

Phoenix sends : Their 8th and Logan Stephenson (prospect d-man playing for Tri-City)

It would be an awesome deal if Brassard is available at #8 spot. If Brassard is available and the habs can make this deal, they will make it.

Old
05-09-2006, 10:46 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I am not sure I would want to do that. Just creating another whole at forward and lose a potential 30+ goal scorer which we really lack.

Old
05-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

No from this side as well. We can get a better player than Perez at 8 and Stephenson will be a solid two way pro d-man with top 4 potential.

Old
05-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote
No from this side as well. We can get a better player than Perez at 8 and Stephenson will be a solid two way pro d-man with top 4 potential.
But Perez has top line potential, plus he could very well be a gamebreaker in the near future.

Old
05-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote
Sorry but there's somebody on your board that said they would made the deal....So Phoenix said yes

Old
05-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player
It would be an awesome deal if Brassard is available at #8 spot. If Brassard is available and the habs can make this deal, they will make it.
That's what I obviously was thinking about. I think we would be better with Brassard and Stephenson than Perez and Wishart (for example). But do we do it if Brassard's gone but Shepherd is still there? Or Tlustly, Backstrom,

or not at all since we think Perez will be the player we hoped he will....

'Cause guys, I don't think Ribeiro and Zednik would do it, those guys are not far enough, they've seen them play....

Old
05-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:

I'd do it for sure. I think we can get Perez-like quality with that #8 pick, perhaps even if it's not Brassard (Columbus sure sounds interested). Of course, it's a fantasy Hockey's Future-only type of trade, because NHL teams don't normally want to step back from an already-playing kid like Perezhogin to a few-years-away equivalent in whoever goes #8. But what the heck.

Plus I like Stephenson and we need D. He's probably close enough to almost as good as whatever D option we might gamble on at #16.

Old
05-09-2006, 11:07 AM
henri2014

Well forgetting about Aebi in trade to move up with Pheonix is pretty hard do to since by the time the draft comes Cujo still wont be signed..

Old
05-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I don't think we need a defenseman that bad .. sure we need more depth but in general we have a young core of defensemen and some potential starter with emelin and o'byrne..
As for perezhogin, keep him ! I know that he will be better and showed last year that he can play effectively in the nhl, we just have to give him more time to adjust to the NHL.
Brassard, I like him a lot but I wouldn't give any of our current ''top'' prospects for him.
I wouldn't mind us to trade our 2nd rounder or others picks to trade up but you don't trade a player like perezhogin untill he has shown all he can do in the NHL because the kid got gamebreaking abilities.

Old
05-09-2006, 11:13 AM
DeadPool

What about:
Mike Ribeiro, Richard Zednik and our first round pick
for
Phoenix's first round pick, Olivier Latendresse and Logan Stephenson???

Old
05-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Russeltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool
What about:
Mike Ribeiro, Richard Zednik and our first round pick
for
Phoenix's first round pick, Olivier Latendresse and Logan Stephenson???
Forget Latendresse and Stephenson. Phoenix will send us a bag of pucks and a dozen of hockey sticks with their 1st round pick.

Old
05-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

The trade wouldn't be bad, but with the way Perez played in the playoffs, I wouldn't want to trade him at all!

And also, I think we are close of being a contender team, and the contract of Koivu and Kovalev will end in 3 years, so we have to form the best team possible within 3 years. That's why we should keep Perezhogin.

Old
05-09-2006, 01:21 PM
CaptCrunch

Although I think Phoenix would be a good trading partner (as would Minn, St-Louis, Col, Chi, Pit, Wash, Bos, Isl, Flo and Atl!!) I don't think this trade would work.

For the same reasons mentionned above.

Old
05-09-2006, 01:43 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

Stephenson was in the top 15 players for the 2004 draft on Phoneix list, they got with their 2nd round pick (35th overall). They won't deal him. And no teams in the top 10 will want to trade down because it get's too much weeker after.

Old
05-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Teufelsdreck

I wouldn't trade Perezhogin because I'm not sure there's a single forward prospect who would be a can't miss player for next season. Some of the players who are now in their 20s haven't worked out at all, such as Hossa, Milroy, and Urquhart. Some look like fringe players. The hottest prospects, including Kostitsyn, Chipchura, and Latendresse, may not be ready. I hate to admit it, but the Bruins have a better prospect list.

Old
05-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
I wouldn't trade Perezhogin because I'm not sure there's a single forward prospect who would be a can't miss player for next season. Some of the players who are now in their 20s haven't worked out at all, such as Hossa, Milroy, and Urquhart. Some look like fringe players. The hottest prospects, including Kostitsyn, Chipchura, and Latendresse, may not be ready. I hate to admit it, but the Bruins have a better prospect list.
What do you mean? Krejci, Walter and Karsums are better than what we have as prospects

'Cause if not, besides those three I mentioned I don't see a depth as far as forwards are concerned...

Old
05-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
What do you mean? Krejci, Walter and Karsums are better than what we have as prospects

'Cause if not, besides those three I mentioned I don't see a depth as far as forwards are concerned...
Kalus and others.

Old
05-09-2006, 02:45 PM
KingJarl

Quote:

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! EVEN IF CUJO DOESN'T COME BACK NEXT YEAR, LENEVUE IS READY.

Old
05-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJarl
IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! EVEN IF CUJO DOESN'T COME BACK NEXT YEAR, LENEVUE IS READY.
I DIDN'T KNOW THAT HAVING A RECORD OF :

3 WINS
8 LOSSES
2 OT LOSS

3.24 GAA
.886 SAVE %

DEFINED WHAT A ''READY'' GOALTENDER SUPPOSE TO BE.....

Old
05-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Ginoro

Quote:
I DIDN'T KNOW THAT HAVING A RECORD OF :

3 WINS
8 LOSSES
2 OT LOSS

3.24 GAA
.886 SAVE %

DEFINED WHAT A ''READY'' GOALTENDER SUPPOSE TO BE.....
I didnt know that looking at stats from a 22 years old goaltender in a crappy team at many points means something but eh...
Oh btw, maybe you could also look at Cam Ward stats, you'd be surprised to see how ready he is by looking at his GAA and Save percentage...

Old
05-09-2006, 04:58 PM
KingJarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u
I didnt know that looking at stats from a 22 years old goaltender in a crappy team at many points means something but eh...
Oh btw, maybe you could also look at Cam Ward stats, you'd be surprised to see how ready he is by looking at his GAA and Save percentage...
Exactly. Just watch the guy play. And he's going to be better next year. He played very sparingly on a crappy team playing even worse defense. The kid's good... real good. Unless someone around the same age comes along who's even better, my bet's on Lenevue being their #1 goalie for years to come.

Kingjarl

Old
05-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u
Though nobody ever thought he would've been that good, sorry to say but everyone expected Ward to fail based on what he gave this season. Look at guys like Lundqvist, to be honest Rangers were not that great of a team, when Weekes was in the net, it was a whole different team down there, so sometimes GAA and Save % means something. As far as Ward is concerned, I reserve my rights to judge him while the real offensive teams faces him.

But I guess you guys have seen Leneveu play since you're so sure he'll make it so I'll believe you. Having said we don't know what's Phoenix's take on Aebisher. They've seen him play, Aebi wants to play around 50 games, let's same Joseph is out and Leneveu as great future star as he is, would probably not be able to handle 50-60 games, so a duo Aebi-Leneveu could be good for them.

Old
05-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Ginoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
Though nobody ever thought he would've been that good, sorry to say but everyone expected Ward to fail based on what he gave this season. Look at guys like Lundqvist, to be honest Rangers were not that great of a team, when Weekes was in the net, it was a whole different team down there, so sometimes GAA and Save % means something. As far as Ward is concerned, I reserve my rights to judge him while the real offensive teams faces him.
My point is just that imo, someone who's trying to proove something by showing stats is most of the timeridiculous, specially when it comes to young goaltender in crappy teams... He can only get better and now has both AHL and NHL experience. The Coyotes fans knows him way better than us so what's the point of arguing with them, that's just what I was saying.
And as for Ward, you're right but again... I believe Canes fan would tell you he hasn't been as bas as his stats are showing or at least he showed some nice flashes during the season from what I heard..

Closed Thread