HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happens when Lindros returns?

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2003, 09:03 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
What happens when Lindros returns?

First, I'm talking about a roster spot. Has Sather seen enough of Hlavac thus far? He's been definitely given a fair shot thus far, and does he now have to re-earn the spot that was 'given' to him?

Additionally, does Siklenka count towards the roster limit (he's on a 2-week conditioning stint). If so, that's another roster spot.

Again...back to Lindros. Assuming Nedved returns to the lineup shortly, and Messier isn't hurt, what does everybody want to see. I know we debated this in the game thread, but I thought it deserved some attention outside it.

I agree with what most talked about. Personally, I think the Messier line is the only one worth not breaking up. Playing Moore with Lundmark has looked nice thus far, and I'd be inclined to keep the kids together (Moore can play left wing as he did in preseason...my preference is for Lundmark to play the left side, but they may need to break up). Carter seems to be playing a bit better, as is Holik, so I'm a bit inclined to keep them together. I think Kovalev's played well, save last night it seems, all season. And Lindros was playing very well prior to being hurt. So where does that leave us?

with Lindros, Nedved, Holik and Mess at center (I wouldn't move any of them to the wing).

So the lines are/could be:

Simon-Messier-Barnaby
Moore-Lindros-Lundmark
Lacouture-Holik-Carter
Rucinsky-Nedved-Kovalev

Although I ain't in love with that fourth line. If Rucinsky can play the right side, I'd like:

Simon-Messier-Barnaby
Lundmark-Lindros-Kovalev
Moore-Nedved-Rucinsky
Lacouture-Holik-Carter

Hlavac sits...

Old
11-03-2003, 09:17 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Sorry Fletch, but I make no changes to the 3 lines that we've got going right now. Sather needs to find a way to incorporate Lindros into the Nedved line at the expense of Hlavac. Those guys need a change anyway.

Before this debate gets too involved, do we know for sure that Nedved isn't injured?

Old
11-03-2003, 09:24 AM
True Blue

I think that this has to be thought of in 2 ways. The very first question that is to be answered (assuming that Lindros, Nedved, Holik, and Messier are all in the lineup at the same time) is what is Jackass going to do with Moore? Does he simply ignore what Moore has done and continue to ride Hlavac? I really do not see how he can. I just do not see how Sather would be able to answer questions from the media as to his reasoning NOT to play Moore. I just think that Moore is going to force Sather's hand. So let's just say that Moore is going to be in the lineup. To me, that means that either Hlavac or Lacoutre will sit. Now the question becomes how do you make a line. Let's assume that the Simon-Messier-Barnaby line stays together. Let's also assume that Rosie will stay as a LW and stay with Holik (where he has shown MUCH more than when he was w/ Lindros). I also cannot see Sather breaking up Kovalev and Nedve. So, again we are going to start with this:

-Nedved-Kovalev
-Lindros-Lundmark
Rosie-Holik-Carter
Simon-Messier-Matty

Here is where the problems start. IF you say that Hlavac is in, then he stays with Nedved and that means that Moore goes to play with Lindros and Lundmark. If Hlavac is on the bench, then Lacoutre has to go to the 4th line. Then one can move Rosie to the Nedved line, while Lacouture plays with Holik, and Moore plays with Lindros.
I really do not see a reason not to give Simon a shot to play with Lindros. I know that the Mess line has been playing well, but the fact of the matter is that when Lindros returns, he is 1) going to be a cener and 2) needs to have a line created for him. Ass-u-ming that Lundmark goes back to play with him, then he needs another winger. Rosie has not show that him and Lindros can create anything, so that leaves either Moore or Simon or Barnaby.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:25 AM
Fletch

I have no idea...

I had to preface everything with assuming Nedved is OK...

And I don't mind changing the lines for a couple reasons...

The real reason is because I only feel one full line is going and a couple pairs of players are playing well. The team has been winning because of the play of Dunham, some decent PK playing, and a couple wins in which the defense actually played well. Aside from that, the forwards have not generated much through ten games. I think Kovalev has played well, but I don't think it's because of Nedved, so I have no problem breaking them up.

As we know, just as quickly as this team puts together a good home record, they can be dominated Tuesday by Dallas, a letdown on Thursday against Carolina (hot goaltending again?) and dominated by Philly on Saturday.

Old
11-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Leetchie

Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
So, again we are going to start with this:

-Nedved-Kovalev
-Lindros-Lundmark
Rosie-Holik-Carter
Simon-Messier-Matty

Here is where the problems start. IF you say that Hlavac is in, then he stays with Nedved and that means that Moore goes to play with Lindros and Lundmark.
I have no problem with those four lines.

Moore-Lindros-Lundmark
Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Rucinsky-Holik-Carter
Simon-Messier-Barnaby

Sorry, but if you put LaCouture in the lineup, Hlavac would have to sit and I don't imagine Danny having the chemistry with Nedved and Kovalev. He played well with Moore and Lundmark in Montreal, but I'd much rather have Lindros playing with the kids.

On a side note, Moore looks like a cross between Mike York and Jamie Lundmark. I like what I've seen so far, ALOT. He seems like a very smart player, always in good position, not too fancy. I hope he stays with the club...

Old
11-03-2003, 11:58 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetchie
I have no problem with those four lines.

Moore-Lindros-Lundmark
Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Rucinsky-Holik-Carter
Simon-Messier-Barnaby

Sorry, but if you put LaCouture in the lineup, Hlavac would have to sit and I don't imagine Danny having the chemistry with Nedved and Kovalev. He played well with Moore and Lundmark in Montreal, but I'd much rather have Lindros playing with the kids.
You could put Rucinsky with Nedved and Kovalev, sit Hlavac, and put Lacouture with Holik and Carter.

11-03-2003, 12:18 PM
Janerixon

i agree w/ fletch in his first post, moore and lundmark have chemistry so put them with lindros, lindros was very productive when playing with smaller wingers during the FLY line, that lines clear weakness was that they had a hard time against teams top defense pairs... however this team actually has 3 other lines that can produce as oppossed to when there was the FLy line and nedved's line

the only thing i see differently is the order of the lines, which im not sure fletch is implying but heres what id see
rucinsky-nedved-kovalev
moore-lindros-lundmark
lacouture-holik-carter
simon-mess-barnaby

the only thing that worries me is seperating the rosie-holik-carter line because all 3 are playing the best they have this year and they best they have ever played here except for rosie when he was w/ lindros and bure

Closed Thread