HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Avatar Poll

View Poll Results: Which Avatar Should I use?
Figo 17 65.38%
Ronaldo 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Live Forever

vCash: 500
Oh yeah, and I personally think you should go with Ronaldo...but yeah Figo is still the Face of that team. When you think of Portugal, you think of Figo.

Old
05-09-2006, 09:28 PM
MacHabs93

Neither. It's not like Portugal will get through the round robin Although they got lucky and ended up in the 3rd world group which might help, but I'd be surprised if they finished ahead of Mexico. But hey, we all know what Portugal fans do once there team chokes! Let's cheer for Brazil!

Old
05-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHabs93
Neither. It's not like Portugal will get through the round robin Although they got lucky and ended up in the 3rd world group which might help, but I'd be surprised if they finished ahead of Mexico.
You must not know a whole lot about soccer if you don't think Portugal will finish ahead of Mexico.

Quote:
But hey, we all know what Portugal fans do once there team chokes! Let's cheer for Brazil!
For this...I won't even comment. Completely ignorant comment.

Old
05-09-2006, 09:51 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Who I want to win: Portugal
Who I think will win: Brasil

Either way, both nations that I can cheer for .
You were saying ?

Old
05-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
You were saying ?
I was saying that their's a reason why we do. Brazil was one of our colonies. They still have the same language and a very similar culture. These are the primary reasons we cheer for both countries. Although we do favor Portugal. It's ignorant to think that it's simply cuz Brazil is better.

Oh, and just to make things interesting. I think it is Italy who shall have a hard time getting out of their pool SUCKA! (probably not though)

Old
05-09-2006, 09:58 PM
MacHabs93

Oh yea, everyone knows that ... But does that mean that us italians can cheer for whoever gets to the final? From western europe to the middle east ? After all, the roman empire did colonize most of those continents.

And you are calling ME ignorant ?

Old
05-09-2006, 10:01 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Oh, and just to make things interesting. I think it is Italy who shall have a hard time getting out of their pool SUCKA! (probably not though)
meh, the joys of the world cup... They still havent realized their system sucks. It should be the top 32 teams wether you are from Africa or Europe ... That way teams like Ireland would make it while Asian teams keep practising.

I for one would like that, i hate the way the FIFA does it. I understand they want teams from around the world, but that idea should have some limits ...

Old
05-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Oh yea, everyone knows that ... But does that mean that us italians can cheer for whoever gets to the final? From western europe to the middle east ? After all, the roman empire did colonize most of those continents.

And you are calling ME ignorant ?
That was centuries ago, those countries have since changed culture, language and don't ressemble Italy at all. They are in no way still associated.

Old
05-09-2006, 10:04 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
That was centuries ago, those countries have since changed culture, language and don't ressemble Italy at all. They are in no way still associated.
Whatever floats your boat ...

Old
05-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Whatever floats your boat ...
*** are you shaking your head for?

Old
05-09-2006, 10:07 PM
MacHabs93

BTW, while we're being ignorant. I guess I can cheer for Argentina then ... I would have loved to see an italian cheer for Argentina in 1990 ... Just stick to your country win or lose and shut up about it ... Trust me, I went to school with a majority or portugese and italian in it, and damn, sorry, but they just used Brazil as an excuse for their lame *** team (which they had until just recently).

Old
05-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Live Forever

I think the current system is perfect. It promotes world unity, peace and the beautiful sport of soccer. I love how the World Cup keeps promoting soccer at an international level and at the same time all the madness around the world that deals with war takes a pause for a little. A spoonful of every continent is what actually makes it so entertaining for the viewers to tune in and keep watching until the finals hit. If you want the best in Europe there is always the Euro Cup every 4 years also.

Old
05-09-2006, 10:08 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Forever
I think the current system is perfect. It promotes world unity, peace and the beautiful sport of soccer. I love how the World Cup keeps promoting soccer at an international level and at the same time all the madness around the world that deals with war takes a pause for a little. A spoonful of every continent is what actually makes it so entertaining for the viewers to tune in and keep watching until the finals hit. If you want the best in Europe there is always the Euro Cup every 4 years also.
Yea, but it's the world cup. Should be the top teams of the world, not the top 4 teams of each continent...

Quote:
*** are you shaking your head for?
You not being able to accept defeat ?

Old
05-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
BTW, while we're being ignorant. I guess I can cheer for Argentina then ... I would have loved to see an italian cheer for Argentina in 1990 ... Just stick to your country win or lose and shut up about it ... Trust me, I went to school with a majority or portugese and italian in it, and damn, sorry, but they just used Brazil as an excuse for their lame *** team (which they had until just recently).
Why do you feel the need to troll so hard?

Old
05-09-2006, 10:09 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Why do you feel the need to troll so hard?
Please explain how this is trolling ?

Old
05-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Please explain how this is trolling ?
You trash the portuguese squad.

Also, I don't get what's so hard to understand. Portuguese WANT portugal to win. If Brazil wins, we are also somewhat content but not happy. Better to have one of your ex-colonies win than some random country. Isn't it simple?

Old
05-09-2006, 10:18 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
You trash the portuguese squad.

Also, I don't get what's so hard to understand. Portuguese WANT portugal to win. If Brazil wins, we are also somewhat content but not happy. Better to have one of your ex-colonies win than some random country. Isn't it simple?
Why can't I trash the portuguese squad ? Noone ever complained when we trashed the leafs ? Are we on a Portuguese Soccer Message Board ? I don't like them, don't like their fans, nor their diamond wearing star. Am I aloud ? I don't like Brazil either for different reasons.

When Italy loses to Brazil, i'd rather see latinos/brazilians celebrate then bitter portuguese fans. When Italy is out I go for England. No reason whatsoever, I liked their jersey when I was young and it stuck. But if England wins I won't walk around town with my Italy flag. If Brazil wins, in Montreal at least, you can see one portugal flag for every 5 brazilians. Like I said earlier, when Portugal had no team it was understandable, but now that they are considered a top 10-15 team in the world, couldn't their fans just stick with them through wins AND losses ? And not jump right off the wagon the second they lose to put on their Romario jersey ?

Old
05-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Live Forever

K boys, let's keep it clean and Stick the the topic

MacHabs93, no need to generalize that just because you know a couple of people that jump on the Brazilian bandwagon as soon as Portugal is out doesn't mean that all Portugese are not patriotic towards their own country and are bad fans...They are just fans that want to enjoy the tournament and root for someone.

Look at us Italians, we lose an important game and we complain and whine about it for like the following 2 years until we screw up again and find someone new to complain about...whether it's Baggio, Refs, the Coaching system...bla bla bla...Are we to say that Italians are bad fans because all we do is complain? no man...it's all for the love of the game. We just want to win so badly that it drives us crazy and in the end, we are just happy someone we favour ends up winning.

Last edited by Live Forever: 05-09-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old
05-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Why can't I trash the portuguese squad ? Noone ever complained when we trashed the leafs ? Are we on a Portuguese Soccer Message Board ? I don't like them, don't like their fans, nor their diamond wearing star. Am I aloud ? I don't like Brazil either for different reasons.

When Italy loses to Brazil, i'd rather see latinos/brazilians celebrate then bitter portuguese fans. When Italy is out I go for England. No reason whatsoever, I liked their jersey when I was young and it stuck. But if England wins I won't walk around town with my Italy flag. If Brazil wins, in Montreal at least, you can see one portugal flag for every 5 brazilians. Like I said earlier, when Portugal had no team it was understandable, but now that they are considered a top 10-15 team in the world, couldn't their fans just stick with them through wins AND losses ? And not jump right off the wagon the second they lose to put on their Romario jersey ?
I still don't get why you think it's jumping a wagon. Or that we're bitter. If we lose, we're out. It's sadening. I explained my reasoning for "cheering" (though I wouldn't call it cheering) for Brazil. I'd much rather an ex-colony than a completely un-associated country win. If Brazil wins, I won't be happy, but I'll be happier than if say England or France won. Their's no reason to be happy if your team loses.

As you said your second favorite team is England. So if England won would you not be happier than if Afganistan won?

Edit: oh and for the trashing, I've never trashed another team. Weither it be the Leafs, or any other team. I think it's a sign of dis-respect to do otherwize. You could say you hate a certain team, you just don't need to say they suck and for which reasons they suck. But as far as I understand, you hate portugal cuz Ronaldo is a pretty boy and you have a general dislike for our fans. I don't agree with your reasoning, but whatever.

Old
05-09-2006, 10:26 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
K boys, let's keep it clean and Stick the the topic

MacHabs93, no need to generalize that just because you know a couple of people that jump on the Brazilian bandwagon as soon as Portugal is out doesn't mean that all Portugese are not patriotic towards their own country and are bad fans...They are just fans that want to enjoy the tournament and root for someone.
I see what you're saying, it's just that Brazil/Portugal is the only time i've seen this kind of stuff. And i've seen it all my life. Add to that my italian hate for Brazil and you get this And again I'm all for cheering for another team, just leave your loser flag at home ?

Old
05-09-2006, 10:27 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Look at us Italians, we lose an important game and we complain and whine about it for like the following 2 years until we screw up again and find someone new to complain about...whether it's Baggio, Refs, the Coaching system...bla bla bla...Are we to say that Italians are bad fans because all we do is complain? no man...it's all for the love of the game. We just want to win so badly that it drives us crazy and in the end, we are just happy someone we favour ends up winning.
Agreed about the love, baggio and coaching systems ... But Refs ? The guy was brought to court and admitted to wanting to make Italy lose, what's there NOT to whine about!

Old
05-09-2006, 10:33 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
As you said your second favorite team is England. So if England won would you not be happier than if Afganistan won?

Edit: oh and for the trashing, I've never trashed another team. Weither it be the Leafs, or any other team. I think it's a sign of dis-respect to do otherwize. You could say you hate a certain team, you just don't need to say they suck and for which reasons they suck. But as far as I understand, you hate portugal cuz Ronaldo is a pretty boy and you have a general dislike for our fans. I don't agree with your reasoning, but whatever.
I agree, the only part that pissed me off is the fact that they show off their Portugal flag when in fact they haven't done anything. If they just celebrated Brazil win cuz they liek the team fine, but why are you waiving your Portugal flag?

As for the trashing, I apologize. I'm like that, I hate the teams I hate and love to irritate those teams fans. For example at a Montreal/Toronto game, I'll be the guy screaming BLOW LEAFS BLOW and wearing this jersey:

[IMAGE]http://www.leafssuck.ca/PICS/jersey67_losers.JPG?FCItemID=S0002264E[/IMAGE]

Old
05-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Live Forever

Quote:
Agreed about the love, baggio and coaching systems ... But Refs ? The guy was brought to court and admitted to wanting to make Italy lose, what's there NOT to whine about!
I'm just saying that as an Italian, it just seems like the majority of us always seem to complain and hold on to that bad karma for so long. We like try to find excuses why we are also bumped out. Even make some up...Doesn't make us bad fans...It just goes to show how entrenched in the sport we are. Some people may say...well Italians are bad fans because all they do is complain and whine and find excuses about all their losses...but then we might argue otherwise. Moral of the story, no need to call people bad fans.

Old
05-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
I agree, the only part that pissed me off is the fact that they show off their Portugal flag when in fact they haven't done anything. If they just celebrated Brazil win cuz they liek the team fine, but why are you waiving your Portugal flag?
I've never seen that, but I'll keep an eye out for it when I go to Portugal this summer. I'll be arriving the 7th, so if something of that sort happens over there (if Brazil wins), I'll report back to you

For some reason I think it's just some random losers in montreal. Cuz I've never seen it happen over here, and their's a gabillion of us.

Old
05-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Live Forever

I remember when Italy lost in Euro 04, kids on my street were still on their bikes waving Italy flags screaming Forza Italia.

Closed Thread