HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zednick-Ribeiro-Ryder

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2003, 02:39 PM
HabsoluteFate

vCash: 500
Zednick-Ribeiro-Ryder

I like that line a LOT....according to rds.ca we can expect that line against the oilers...i'll go out on a limb and say that line will do really well tomorrow....Having Ryder on that line will give Zednick an extra fire he doesnt seem to have much of so far this year...Both Zednick and Ryder are speedy and they can play along the boards....they also like to score...with Ribeiro our best passer this could get interesting...

Old
11-03-2003, 03:09 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate
I like that line a LOT....according to rds.ca we can expect that line against the oilers...i'll go out on a limb and say that line will do really well tomorrow....Having Ryder on that line will give Zednick an extra fire he doesnt seem to have much of so far this year...Both Zednick and Ryder are speedy and they can play along the boards....they also like to score...with Ribeiro our best passer this could get interesting...
First off, it is Zednik not "Zednick".

As for the line of Ryder Riberio Zednik.....i dont really like it as much as you....sure Zednik and Ryder have the ability to put up nice numbers as far as scoring goes, but putting them both on the same line is not such a great idea in my mind. This team needs more balanced lines. This is what I would like to see when Koivu is healthy.

Bulis Koivu Zednik
Hossa Riberio Ryder
Ward Higgins Dackell
Kilger Begin Langdon

out: Perreault, Audette, Juneau, Sundstrom(whom i think Gainey will at least 2 of this season)

Old
11-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Habber

It'll be interesting to see if Zed actually passes to Ryder, cause he sure hasn't dished it to Hossa too often.

That could be a tough line to handle, definately a good line to counter aginst with the speed of the Oil. But a Hossa - Perrault - Audette line might not do very well.

Old
11-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
But a Hossa - Perrault - Audette line might not do very well.
I don't think any combination with Perreault and Audette is going to do very well. Personally I think it is simple as that. Perreault and Audette on same line, well lets further that, on same team, equals trouble.

Old
11-03-2003, 03:35 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
I don't think any combination with Perreault and Audette is going to do very well. Personally I think it is simple as that. Perreault and Audette on same line, well lets further that, on same team, equals trouble.

Old
11-03-2003, 03:38 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
I'm with you.
A line consisting of two decent sized, speedy wingers with good shooting ability and aren't afraid to play the corners, with a playmaking center will hopefully do well. (let me go, don't burst my bubble :p )

Old
11-03-2003, 03:44 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
This should be interesting. It is currently the best line that we can ice. Both Ryder and Zednik hate to pass the puck, so we'll see a lot of shots on goal from this trio, and, with any sort of luck a goal or four.

I think Julien is simply throwing his wing combination together so that they can slide in alongside Koivu (anyone suggesting Ribeiro should be playing first shift over Koivu is not a Habs fan).

I would prefer to see Kilger play with Zednik and Koivu, as that would allow Ryder to play with Bulis and Ribeiro, but Julien probably does not want two players directly returning from injuries to skate together. The rust factor would be bigger than Domi's mother.

Old
11-03-2003, 03:54 PM
habsorhabsnot

Ok, my first post of this year so here it goes

Ward is out until after xmas,Kilger is in and Koivu is not back yet.
Ribiero with Ryder AND Zednik will be good only if zed remembers what to do with the puck.not worried about ryder and ribs.

Audette needs to have his ass put on the bus to hamilton or the pressbox

Perrault is surprisingly trying to play responsible,although its still a strech for him.

Bulis will not play probably.

Rivet needs a new address and has some marketability

We need some trades to get things turned around and put some life into this team even if it means trading a guy like koivu...

Old
11-03-2003, 04:02 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS

As for the line of Ryder Riberio Zednik.....i dont really like it as much as you....sure Zednik and Ryder have the ability to put up nice numbers as far as scoring goes, but putting them both on the same line is not such a great idea in my mind. This team needs more balanced lines. This is what I would like to see when Koivu is healthy.

Bulis Koivu Zednik
Hossa Riberio Ryder
Ward Higgins Dackell
Kilger Begin Langdon

out: Perreault, Audette, Juneau, Sundstrom(whom i think Gainey will at least 2 of this season)
Just so your aware...i know how to spell Zednik....i tend not to care to the "t" about my spelling in a forum therefore i dont double check my spelling

Old
11-03-2003, 04:02 PM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Yeah no kidding.

Hopefully Saks comes back and Perrault and Audette get bumped to the 4th line.

Old
11-03-2003, 04:11 PM
goalchenyuk

i don't find realistic to build just one line ; when you do that you don't have any consideration for the other ones.
sure that your line would be a interresting one , but taking away Ryder from the line of Perreault is something to look carefully ...

Old
11-03-2003, 04:43 PM
Leprechaun

vCash:
Quote:

Bulis Koivu Zednik
Hossa Riberio Ryder
Ward Higgins Dackell
Kilger Begin Langdon

Balanced lines
Are you talking about the team who scored 2 goals (Perreault with the skate of Vlady and the one that Juneau lost in breakaway) in 4 games...

Right now...they're pretty well balance...none socre !

Old
11-03-2003, 04:49 PM
CHareth

Quote:

Bulis Koivu Zednik
Hossa Riberio Ryder
Ward Higgins Dackell
Kilger Begin Langdon

Easy there, spelling bee champ.

Ward is out. And why sit Juneau? I don't like him either, but he has at least shown some ability in his defensive assignments this year. Who else in that lineup of yours is gonna do it?

Old
11-03-2003, 05:25 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon
Easy there, spelling bee champ.

Ward is out. And why sit Juneau? I don't like him either, but he has at least shown some ability in his defensive assignments this year. Who else in that lineup of yours is gonna do it?
How about Begin?

He wouldn't need the ice time that Juneau had, but could shadow the opposition's top line for strict 35-40 second shifts, then the Koivu line can come on while the opposition's top line is on the last half of their shift.

Begin doesn't have Juneau's hockey sense or experience, but he compensates that with tenacity, a consistent work ethic, more strength down low and skating. I'd venture to say that Begin has been better than Juneau down low and in the crease; two areas where Juneau has been consistently exposed, in my opinion.

Old
11-03-2003, 06:57 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
How about Begin?

He wouldn't need the ice time that Juneau had, but could shadow the opposition's top line for strict 35-40 second shifts, then the Koivu line can come on while the opposition's top line is on the last half of their shift.

Begin doesn't have Juneau's hockey sense or experience, but he compensates that with tenacity, a consistent work ethic, more strength down low and skating. I'd venture to say that Begin has been better than Juneau down low and in the crease; two areas where Juneau has been consistently exposed, in my opinion.
I'd prefer to go with Juneau because of his hockey sense and experience, as you pointed out, but you do raise some compelling points about Begin. It certainly can't hurt to try him out like you suggested.

Old
11-04-2003, 12:41 AM
Medicine Twin

Quote:

Bulis Koivu Zednik
Hossa Riberio Ryder
Ward Higgins Dackell
Kilger Begin Langdon

So, having Ryder and Zednik on the same line is putting all your eggs in one basket, but Koivu and Zednik on the same line is okay?

And BTW, the players you don't like aren't just gonna disappear... So there's no use projecting a line-up if you're not gonna use the players we have... my biggest pet peeve on this board. Sundstrom's a good player... you don't dump a player based on 10 games.

Old
11-04-2003, 01:31 AM
The n00b King *

You know what? i agree about Sundstrom. He's not a bad player. Remenber last year? where he had as many goals in like 10 games than he had all of the season with the sharks? This guy is a defensive/offensive player. And i think he's much better than Dackell. I will always go back to all the insane chances that Dackell has had in the past...man when you go wide on an open net about 50 times, you know you suck. I dont know what's causing him just NOT being able to score...at least Sundstrom can put it in once in a while

Old
11-04-2003, 04:29 AM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
man when you go wide on an open net about 50 times, you know you suck. I dont know what's causing him just NOT being able to score
Swedish mafia maybe?

Old
11-04-2003, 04:30 AM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Yeah no kidding.

Hopefully Saks comes back and Perrault and Audette get bumped to the 4th line.
No no no no..bumped to Hamilton you mean!!!! (for Audette at least, Perreault is not that bad I think)

Old
11-04-2003, 04:36 AM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyclaus
No no no no..bumped to Hamilton you mean!!!! (for Audette at least, Perreault is not that bad I think)
God I hope Audette doesn't roam this board 'cause he's gonna kickmebehindfirstchancehegets that's if he catches me

Anyhoo it would be great for me to see him "give it his best shot" and, hustle for something for once in his life (oups I did it again I just can't stop myself Donald!)

Old
11-04-2003, 04:38 AM
Darz

When a team isn't scoring, a coach is going to juggle the lines in an attempt to findsomething that will click. I guess this is the latest idea from CJ.
I'm not a huge fan of Zednik and Ryder on the same line, but it might work. Zednik is going to hopefully put some pucks on net, and Ryder will get a chance at a few rebounds. Hopefully Ribiero won't get too fancy and work on getting his wingers the puck in good scoring positions.
If this line was to really click it could be together for awhile and really balance the scoring once Koivu gets back. Of course it leaves Koivu with Audette, but Koivu will elevate his stats, and maybe Bulis on his other wing.

Old
11-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
I would like this line to be Zednik - Ribeiro - Ryder like you indicated in your title even though I beleive it will be Ryder - Ribeiro - Zednik.

To put those two players (Ryder and Zednik) on their natural wings could be a good way to change their routine on the ice and allow them to score some goals. I've always liked Zednik better on the left wing and quite honestly, I'm not all that convinced that the left wing is the best thing for Ryder either, especially considering he's a rookie. He adapted as well as one can since he hustles very hard but the right wing is where he's truly comfortable. This might be a good time for CJ to experiment with this kind of switch. After all, it's not like he can be afraid to brake a winning combinaison, we've put 2 goals in the net in four games for crying out loud.

Closed Thread