HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Detroit goes into rebuilding mode...

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Guy Caballero

vCash: 500
If Detroit goes into rebuilding mode...

What would you think of signing Shanny to line up alongside Ribeiro and Kovalev? I think he's got two good years left in him, during which time we can (hopefully) work Latendresse into his role.

I've always dreamed of seeing Shanny in a Hab uniform. It might be ten years too late, but I think he could still make a contribution.

(Post 3000! )

Old
05-10-2006, 05:43 PM
MacHabs93

No thanks. Keep developing the youth, that 2nd line spot could be Kostitsyn's or Perezhogin's, and you want to give it to some guy who forgot to retire ?

I've always liked Shanny too, but his time is done. I would take him however in place of Zednik if we dealt him and Aebi for another FW.

Old
05-10-2006, 05:45 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

#1 team in the NHL. Rebuilding?

Words escape me.

Old
05-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
#1 team in the NHL. Rebuilding?

Words escape me.
Number one team, huh? They could have fooled me with their playoff performance.

Old
05-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Kirk Muller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHabs93
No thanks. Keep developing the youth, that 2nd line spot could be Kostitsyn's or Perezhogin's, and you want to give it to some guy who forgot to retire ?

I've always liked Shanny too, but his time is done. I would take him however in place of Zednik if we dealt him and Aebi for another FW.
Shanahan scored 40 goals and 81 points this season. He's hardly done.

Though I agree that Perezhogin or Kostitsyn will become fixtures one day, I don't think we can bank on them consolidating that spot next season yet.

Old
05-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:

What you said holds no water whatsoever at all, the guy had 40 goals this year, yes hes on the back half of his career but give me a break anyone who can score 40 goals in a season is not done, he would have led our team in goals points and plus minus this year.

Show some respect, and do some research before you make yourself sound like a fool.

Old
05-10-2006, 06:49 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted
What you said holds no water whatsoever at all, the guy had 40 goals this year, yes hes on the back half of his career but give me a break anyone who can score 40 goals in a season is not done, he would have led our team in goals points and plus minus this year.

Show some respect, and do some research before you make yourself sound like a fool.
Well I didn't know that Datsyuk came with him ? Cuz Shanny alone would probably have netted as many goals as Bulis. And I need to do research Why don't you take a look at the Wings board and see how many people want his slow *** back ?

Old
05-10-2006, 06:50 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Number one team, huh? They could have fooled me with their playoff performance.
That's your whole argument right there?

Don't worry about Detroit they know how to build a contending team and it's not by trading you best goal scorer.

I guess that makes Jagr available too?

Old
05-10-2006, 06:51 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller
Shanahan scored 40 goals and 81 points this season. He's hardly done.

Though I agree that Perezhogin or Kostitsyn will become fixtures one day, I don't think we can bank on them consolidating that spot next season yet.
He might not be done, but he won't score 81 points with Ribeiro. And Montreal would be much better off playing Perezhogin and Kostitsyn and singing a true forward, not a better Richard Zednik, ideally under 31.

Old
05-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Why don't you take a look at the Wings board and see how many people want his slow *** back ?
Oh yeah because people on hfboards are some of the most realistic hockey minds around, everything they post is the stone cold truth its a wonder more of us arnt hired by NHL teams to be Gms eh?

Like I said show a little more respect Shanny blows everyone away on our team in every offensive category, its not even close regardless of linemates.

Old
05-10-2006, 06:57 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Oh yeah because people on hfboards are some of the most realistic hockey minds around, everything they post is the stone cold truth its a wonder more of us arnt hired by NHL teams to be Gms eh?

Like I said show a little more respect Shanny blows everyone away on our team in every offensive category, its not even close regardless of linemates.
Yea like you would know, silly hfboard poster

Old
05-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Your the poster who said a 40 goalscorer 80+ pt player is washed up and should retire?

Like I said no one on the habs matched that output this season so show the guy a little respect.

Future habs GM my a$$, you sound like the second comming of mike millbury.

Old
05-10-2006, 07:12 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Your the poster who said a 40 goalscorer 80+ pt player is washed up and should retire?

Like I said no one on the habs matched that output this season so show the guy a little respect.

Future habs GM my a$$, you sound like the second comming of mike millbury.
Yea and you keep wanting to shy away from the fact he's playing with one of the NHL's best forwards. Even Joe Mullen had an 80 point season with PIT, gee I wonder if he'll make the HOF or if people realize he just had good linemates ?

I don't want you to think that I think Shanny sucks, but in Montreal he'd be lucky to hit the 50 point mark.

Old
05-10-2006, 07:12 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:

You just keep making this worse.

You make a foolish, uneducated comment, then you start to act arrogant and smug?

You sound like a fool.

LMAO at describing a 40 goal man as someone who 'forgot to retire.'

Old
05-10-2006, 07:15 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Yea and you keep wanting to shy away from the fact he's playing with one of the NHL's best forwards. Even Joe Mullen had an 80 point season with PIT, gee I wonder if he'll make the HOF or if people realize he just had good linemates ?
You need to quit talking... you've been exposed as not knowing what you are talking about and you insist on continuing to post.

Oh, and by the way, guess who was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in November of 2000? Joe Mullen.

Game, set and match.

Old
05-10-2006, 07:15 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox
You just keep making this worse.

You make a foolish, uneducated comment, then you start to act arrogant and smug?

You sound like a fool.

LMAO at describing a 40 goal man as someone who 'forgot to retire.'
I like how everyone on this board uses the word uneducated, yet noone seems to read the posts above. I am using his own words, silly rabbit.

Quote:

Oh, and by the way, guess who was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in November of 2000? Joe Mullen.

Game, set and match.
Aight then I guess I should move to TO for a bit.

Old
05-10-2006, 07:26 PM
digitalmonkey*

Quote:

Forgot to retire? 40 goals and 80 points doesn't really scream retire to me. The Habs would be so lucky to have an 80-point player.

Old
05-10-2006, 07:28 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
I like how everyone on this board uses the word uneducated, yet noone seems to read the posts above. I am using his own words, silly rabbit.

Aight then I guess I should move to TO for a bit.
Huh?

Old
05-10-2006, 07:29 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmonkey
Forgot to retire? 40 goals and 80 points doesn't really scream retire to me. The Habs would be so lucky to have an 80-point player.
Don't you see that Zednik and Bulis could reach 60-70 points if they played on the same line as Datsyuk. This isn't Ribeiro we are talking about ...

Quote:
Huh?
There are 2 different quotes I am referring to. The 2nd was to give you the match.

Old
05-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Evil Ted

hey MacHabs, you lose give it a rest.

Old
05-10-2006, 07:55 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
hey MacHabs, you lose give it a rest.
I lost to Ferris about Mullen, but you still haven't accepted half those points are Datsyuk's.

Old
05-10-2006, 08:13 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Detroit won't rebuild there one goalie away from going deep into the playoffs, trade aebisher to detroit anyone?

Old
05-10-2006, 10:30 PM
terreur

I'D take Shanny anytime on our second line!!!

Old
05-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
That's your whole argument right there?

Don't worry about Detroit they know how to build a contending team and it's not by trading you best goal scorer.

I guess that makes Jagr available too?
Who said anything about a trade? He's an UFA. There is speculation that Detroit might go in a different direction and replace their veterans with youth. Shanny might be a casualty because of his high price tag. I asked, if that happens, and he becomes available, would you be interested?

Old
05-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

I'm not opposed at all to signing a veteran scorer. Shanahan was pretty bad against the Oilers, but then again, it was a team (non) effort. If he wanted to sign for about 2.5 million, like Nieuwendyk and Roberts did with Florida, I'd probably bite. Even if he brought 25 goals and 60 points, that would be worth it with all the other things he brings. Maybe Dandenault will tell him how nice it is to play in Montreal (when the team is winning).

Closed Thread