HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ryan Callahan Officially Signs with Rangers

Old
05-11-2006, 07:23 AM
Taz

vCash: 500
Hopefully Callahan is going to be a huge upgrade over Ortmeyer, More scoring better puck handling skills and aggressive play.

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 07:49 AM
shoothepuck

Seems like he'll be a good player, will be fun to watch him more next season.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 08:33 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
And Zdenek Bahensky and Roman Psurny.Played two seasons in the CHL after being drafted.An expanded answer is in the prospects forum

Jakub Petruzalek?Don't know if his stint in Litinov effects his June 1 status
they were drafted out of europe so they should be handled as euro prospects meaning that they have till june 1, 2007 to sign them.

do you have the link to that thread that says otherwise??

but either way it doesn't matter all that much cause they will all either be signed this summer or go back to europe (possibly to never be heard from again). so whether they have to be signed by june 1st or get signed later in the summer doesn't make all that much of a difference and i'm sure the rangers are aware of the actually deadline.

i think bahensky and petruzalek will be signed without question...not so sure about psurny.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Both Bahensky and Psurny were European prospects. I believe that the Rangers have another year to sign each one.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 10:39 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
they were drafted out of europe so they should be handled as euro prospects meaning that they have till june 1, 2007 to sign them.

do you have the link to that thread that says otherwise??

but either way it doesn't matter all that much cause they will all either be signed this summer or go back to europe (possibly to never be heard from again). so whether they have to be signed by june 1st or get signed later in the summer doesn't make all that much of a difference and i'm sure the rangers are aware of the actually deadline.

i think bahensky and petruzalek will be signed without question...not so sure about psurny.
Jonas Johansson-first round in 2002 drafted out of the SEL but played 2002-03 and 2003-04 in the WHL-Kamloops.Tomas Fleischmann-second round pick in 2002 drafted out the Czech league but played 2002-03 and 2003-04 in the WHL-Moose Jaw

Quote:
The Washington Capitals risk losing the rights to two of their brightest prospects -- wingers Jonas Johansson and Tomas Fleischmann -- if the players are not signed to contracts by today's 5 p.m. deadline.If the Capitals do not come to terms with Johansson and Fleischmann, they are eligible to re-enter the draft
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004May31.html

Both players played in the CHL for two seasons after they were drafted out of a European league.Both players needed to be signed in two years for they would re-enter the 2004 draft

Zdenek Bahensky and Roman Psurny were drafted out the Czech league but both players played two seasons in the WHL.The Rangers need to sign both players by June 1 or they will re-enter the draft.Just the Caps needed to do with their two Europeans drafted out of Europe but played two seasons in the CHL

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 10:53 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

If the entry level contracts begin on July 1 and the current contracts expire on June 30,does it really matter if the Rangers go over the 50 contract limit when the new contracts don't begin until July 1 and some of the current contracts expire the day before?

The Rangers have added five ELC's which begin July 1.If those contracts were added to the current contracts,the Rangers are probably at or over the 50 contract limit.Does that mean the Rangers can't sign anymore players until July 1?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 11:02 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Jonas Johansson-first round in 2002 drafted out of the SEL but played 2002-03 and 2003-04 in the WHL-Kamloops.Tomas Fleischmann-second round pick in 2002 drafted out the Czech league but played 2002-03 and 2003-04 in the WHL-Moose Jaw

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004May31.html

Both players played in the CHL for two seasons after they were drafted out of a European league.Both players needed to be signed in two years for they would re-enter the 2004 draft

Zdenek Bahensky and Roman Psurny were drafted out the Czech league but both players played two seasons in the WHL.The Rangers need to sign both players by June 1 or they will re-enter the draft.Just the Caps needed to do with their two Europeans drafted out of Europe but played two seasons in the CHL
I'd take a shot at those Caps prospects if we felt they werethe BPA and they are NHL ready. Good thing is that they've had a chance to showcase themselves somewhat already.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
I'd take a shot at those Caps prospects if we felt they werethe BPA and they are NHL ready. Good thing is that they've had a chance to showcase themselves somewhat already.
Uuhh don't!

Well atleast not on Jonas Johansson... Could be the most overrated player ever.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 12:07 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Well, from the research I've done on Callahan, it looks like he could be a 2nd line scorer. He's got MUCH MORE offensive and defensive skill than Ortmeyer and Moore, so you don't want a guy like that playing on the 3rd or 4th lines. I think he'll be very comparable to a guy like Jere Lehtinen or Tomas Sandstrom. Good enough offensively to be a force, but sound enough in his own end to be able to handle himself in a real tight defensive game. His heart, grit, and determination are to die for, and that's what makes him an even better prospect. 52 goals in the OHL this year with Guelph, and seeing those numbers, even though I know it's only junior hockey, you gotta figure that this kid has a lot of potential. It'll be a great signing, and hopefully we can get his development going real soon. He'd be a great addition to this Ranger team one day.

As for Dubinsky-Callahan-Korpikoski...

That line would give me nightmares... 3 fast and gritty players who can score and shutdown people in their own end.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99
Well, from the research I've done on Callahan, it looks like he could be a 2nd line scorer. He's got MUCH MORE offensive and defensive skill than Ortmeyer and Moore, so you don't want a guy like that playing on the 3rd or 4th lines. I think he'll be very comparable to a guy like Jere Lehtinen or Tomas Sandstrom. Good enough offensively to be a force, but sound enough in his own end to be able to handle himself in a real tight defensive game. His heart, grit, and determination are to die for, and that's what makes him an even better prospect. 52 goals in the OHL this year with Guelph, and seeing those numbers, even though I know it's only junior hockey, you gotta figure that this kid has a lot of potential. It'll be a great signing, and hopefully we can get his development going real soon. He'd be a great addition to this Ranger team one day.

As for Dubinsky-Callahan-Korpikoski...

That line would give me nightmares... 3 fast and gritty players who can score and shutdown people in their own end.
And that could be the 3rd line right there. A 3rd line that's a scoring threat as well.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 12:47 PM
NYR469

callahan signing is official

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2163

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 12:52 PM
GlueleG

Quote:
What are the chances of Callahan suiting up for Hartford tonight? I would imagine he would not be available?

GlueleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Nich

he will not play this series. maybe next one if we get there.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 01:44 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:

Everyone that IMO was a must sign..has been signed! The future is bright!

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

I'm glad it finally got done. As I said, you guys won't be disappointed!

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 03:14 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
I'm glad it finally got done. As I said, you guys won't be disappointed!

yea i agree. Next on the list that Rangers must sign is Nate Guenin, Joey Crabb and Corey Potter. We can let Walsh, Paiement, Flynn on ECHL contracts, which wont count against the Rangers limit. Anyone heard anything on these players signing soon?

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 03:36 PM
eco's bones

Actually with the seasons that Genoway and Girardi have had I would like both of them locked up ASAP.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 03:38 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
Actually with the seasons that Genoway and Girardi have had I would like both of them locked up ASAP.

agreed

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Pizza

Trippy:

Thanks again for all the info you have given us on Cally. Like everybody, I'm glad we've finally got him in the cupboard. I'm really anxious to see how he does in Hartford.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza
Trippy:

Thanks again for all the info you have given us on Cally. Like everybody, I'm glad we've finally got him in the cupboard. I'm really anxious to see how he does in Hartford.
No problem at all! I'll be turning to you guys for similar information next season (or if he gets to play in the CC playoffs).

Speaking of the Calder Cup...the Storm annual banquet is this weekend and Cally is most likely to pick up nearly ALL of the team awards. Do the Pack play on Saturday? He really should attend the banquet, given all of the records he set. As well, Ryan MacDonald will win a couple awards himself, but he's not dressing for the Pack so I'm sure he'll be there. Likewise with Ryan Parent who is now with Milwaukee. The three Ryans WERE the Guelph Storm this year, I hope their new teams allow them to be there on Saturday.

Old
05-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
Do the Pack play on Saturday?
I believe game 6 is Sunday @ 7 in Portland.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I believe game 6 is Sunday @ 7 in Portland.
Hmm, then maybe he'll be there Saturday.

Old
05-11-2006, 09:12 PM
storm fan

Trippy are you sure the banquet is this Sat in Guelph?

storm fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 09:14 PM
storm fan

sorry sent before finished. Trippy, as far as I know the banquet is June 4th

storm fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm fan
sorry sent before finished. Trippy, as far as I know the banquet is June 4th
Weird, it was my understanding it was the same Saturday as prospects camp - which is this Saturday. It was done that way last year. A few players were upset they would probably be missing the banquet because they were on their way to AHL teams.