HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ryan Callahan Officially Signs with Rangers

Old
05-11-2006, 09:54 PM
storm fan

vCash: 500
If it is this Sat or Sun, the three Ryans will most likely not be there which would be a shame.

storm fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

For weeks I said the Rangers wouldn't sign Callahan and I'm happy I was wrong.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm fan
If it is this Sat or Sun, the three Ryans will most likely not be there which would be a shame.
Saturday is prospects camp, the banquet would likely be that night.

I hope he's there, but if he has a game Sunday, it's unlikely. Likewise with MacDonald. I'm not sure what Milwaukee's plans with Parent are though, but he's already with them if I'm not mistaken.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 06:01 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
And that could be the 3rd line right there. A 3rd line that's a scoring threat as well.

Sorry, but I have higher hopes for Dubinsky than just a 3rd line center. I expect him to be this team's 2nd line center in the near future (i.e., 2007-8). For next year, however, I want him getting a full year at Hartford. (Same goes for Korpikoski.) No need to rush the kid. Maybe put him with Jessiman and see if some chemistry develops. As for Callahan, I think I'd like to see him with a bigger center, albeit one who skates fairly well. (Falardeau, perhaps.) I don't see a need to rush a lot of these guys. Maybe a guy like Greg Moore makes the Rangers next year, since he's a couple of years older than the guys coming from juniors. But, I think the Rangers are going to try to build some chemistry with these kids.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Taz

the one game i saw of greg moore i was really impressed. Big guy with scoring potential

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 10:49 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
"Negotiations started three or four days after we were knocked out," Callahan said. "I got the three-year deal I wanted"
http://www.guelphmercury.com/NASApp/...=1050421501465

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Fletch

We're all happy...

SoS...it's a shame they couldn't get it done sooner (assuming that Callahan would be an asset in these playoffs and help this team).

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 12:56 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
For weeks I said the Rangers wouldn't sign Callahan and I'm happy I was wrong.
I'm happy you were wrong too.

I know 52 goals in junior won't exactly translate to 52 goals in the NHL, but this is a guy with a lot of heart, and potential at both ends of the ice. This is the kind of guy you want to have on your team come playoff time, and I know for a fact that we're going to be thanking Slats for pulling the trigger on the deal one day.

Size, talent, speed, etc... they can only get you so far... but when it's time to dig down deep, it's the guys with big hearts that win it for you, and Ryan Callahan is a winner.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 01:05 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99
I'm happy you were wrong too.

I know 52 goals in junior won't exactly translate to 52 goals in the NHL, but this is a guy with a lot of heart, and potential at both ends of the ice. This is the kind of guy you want to have on your team come playoff time, and I know for a fact that we're going to be thanking Slats for pulling the trigger on the deal one day.

Size, talent, speed, etc... they can only get you so far... but when it's time to dig down deep, it's the guys with big hearts that win it for you, and Ryan Callahan is a winner.

I heard he could have been a 2ed round pick if not for his size. he was small when he was drafted, he is alot bigger now.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 01:08 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Byers Dubinsky Callahan has a nice ring to it

Old
05-12-2006, 01:11 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I heard he could have been a 2ed round pick if not for his size. he was small when he was drafted, he is alot bigger now.
he is listed at 5'10", 180#. not that big for type of game he plays, wht do you have him listed at JOrts.

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 01:13 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
I like the way you think, J-Orts.

Old
05-12-2006, 01:24 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83
he is listed at 5'10", 180#. not that big for type of game he plays, wht do you have him listed at JOrts.

on Rangers site it says 5'11 185 http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/p...p?playerid=314 maybe he is still growing maybe he will be about 6'0 195 when he makes the NHL.

Old
05-12-2006, 01:24 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:

Im thinking Dawes - Dubi - Cally

Dubi is a great playmaker so he can set up Dawes and Callahan who both have great shots, and Callahan loves to go to the net. All three of them use the body as well. Dawes, Dubi and Cally are also great defensively. That line could rack up some serious points at the AHL level.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 01:47 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
on Rangers site it says 5'11 185 http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/p...p?playerid=314 maybe he is still growing maybe he will be about 6'0 195 when he makes the NHL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLine88
Im thinking Dawes - Dubi - Cally

Dubi is a great playmaker so he can set up Dawes and Callahan who both have great shots, and Callahan loves to go to the net. All three of them use the body as well. Dawes, Dubi and Cally are also great defensively. That line could rack up some serious points at the AHL level.
Amonte was the same way when we drafted him, he grew a little bit and hit 6'0 185 when he was a rookie.

I like that line even better, Fly. You make some good points as the 3 of them are fast, gritty, and Dubinsky as he is a playmaker could set up the two finishers. Gotta have good balance on a line like that, a playmaker, Dubinsky, a scorer, Dawes, and a grinder, Callahan, would make it work. The great part about it is that Callahan is not a straight up grinder, he's got a lot of scoring skill, and these guys could do quite a bit defensively as all 3 have proven in the past at the World Juniors.