Notices

McLaren's return

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2003, 08:03 AM
supernova

vCash: 500
McLaren's return

This is the 1st game in Boston for Kyle, isn't it? Too bad injuries plagued him while he was here, I always liked the way he played. He seemed to bring a certain nastiness and added some personality to the defence. Looks like this might be a good trade for both sides, and there's a good chance Jillson may turn into a real keeper. Time will tell who really won this trade I guess.

I'm looking forward to Thursday's game, hopefully we are past this whining spell and the boys bring their A game.

On a side note, our forwards better keep their heads up while Kyle is on the ice. He seems like the type who would like nothing better than to knock Sammy, Zino, or Joe into next week. I still like Kyle and all but I don't really want to see him Zednik one of our top guns, although it would make for some interesting posts Friday morning.

Old
11-03-2003, 08:18 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
I wonder if we'll see Kyle going after Lapointe? That would add a lot of credence to the long standing rumors about Kyle's departure.

This should be a good chance to audition any Shark's players we're interested in. They are probably wide open to trade ideas these days.

Old
11-03-2003, 08:25 AM
supernova

I'd pay good money to see those 2 go at each other at center ice.

I'd love to have a younger Damphousse, he was always a great all around player. His age & salary are getting a bit too high for the bruins though.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:31 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
This is the 1st game in Boston for Kyle, isn't it? Too bad injuries plagued him while he was here, I always liked the way he played. He seemed to bring a certain nastiness and added some personality to the defence. Looks like this might be a good trade for both sides, and there's a good chance Jillson may turn into a real keeper. Time will tell who really won this trade I guess.

I'm looking forward to Thursday's game, hopefully we are past this whining spell and the boys bring their A game.

On a side note, our forwards better keep their heads up while Kyle is on the ice. He seems like the type who would like nothing better than to knock Sammy, Zino, or Joe into next week. I still like Kyle and all but I don't really want to see him Zednik one of our top guns, although it would make for some interesting posts Friday morning.
The Bs could definitely use another McLaren-type bruiser in their lineup, but they'd probably want somebody who's more team-oriented. After he was traded, I read in one of the Boston papers that none of the Bruins players were invited to his wedding so I guess he didn't pal around with any of the Bs...

Old
11-03-2003, 09:37 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
He's coming. His name is Mark Stuart. In about 3 years, we should have a blueline that looks something like what the Dallas Stars had about 5 years ago. Size, talent, passing, shooting, skating, hitting. It will be sweet!

Old
11-03-2003, 09:46 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
He's coming. His name is Mark Stuart. In about 3 years, we should have a blueline that looks something like what the Dallas Stars had about 5 years ago. Size, talent, passing, shooting, skating, hitting. It will be sweet!
I share your excitement. Adding Mark and Lars to the lineup will be a sea change for the Bs.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:50 AM
TheBigBadB

I hope Zino keeps his head up..He has been rocked a few times, and I have a bad feeling if he tries any of those cut to the middles while Macs coming..its lights out...

I mean this is what Zednick looks like now when Mac's on the ice

Old
11-03-2003, 09:55 AM
Black Eye

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
I share your excitement. Adding Mark and Lars to the lineup will be a sea change for the Bs.
It is TBD how this group will ultimately turn out, but the thought of these players

Girard
Boynton
Jillson
Jonsson
Morrisonn
Jurcina
Stuart

patrolling the blueline, in some permutation, is pretty exciting. Across that group, you've got all the facets covered. I hope at least 4 of those guys really solidify a spot in the lineup. The big question marks to me are Girard and Jonsson.

Old
11-03-2003, 10:01 AM
ron jeremy jacobs

Kyle who?

Seriously, McLaren was our best penalty killer when he was in the lineup. Jillson may prove more valuable in the long term. But we definitely miss McLaren's nastiness and his size/mobility on the PK right now.

As for San Jose, they missed their chance at the pay window, and will probably need to blow it up and retool with younger players in the next year or so.

So Kyle, have fun rebuilding again. I hope she was/is worth it.

Old
11-03-2003, 11:03 AM
GA

Quote:
It is TBD how this group will ultimately turn out, but the thought of these players

Girard
Boynton
Jillson
Jonsson
Morrisonn
Jurcina
Stuart

patrolling the blueline, in some permutation, is pretty exciting. Across that group, you've got all the facets covered. I hope at least 4 of those guys really solidify a spot in the lineup. The big question marks to me are Girard and Jonsson.
And you're even leaving out a couple (Kutlak & Alberts) who could have an impact. They're obviously not quite the same level as the others, but both have a real good chance to be quality #6/7 guys. Actually, I'm really interested in what happens with Alberts, though I've never seen him play, so all I know is what I've read, but teams can always use a big, mean stay-at-homer.

Old
11-03-2003, 11:09 AM
Jeff from Maine

What I Am Interested In Is..

The futures of Boynton, Girard and Jonsson.

Jonsson, from what I have heard, is another Bryan Berard...all offense and no defense.

What becomes of him here is anyones guess.

Can Girard come back? Can he be as good as he was before the accident? Is that pre-accident level good enough?

Boynton? Well, who knows if he will be a Bruin at that point. 2 holdouts already. And who knows what the new CBA will do to the UFA age.

We may only get to see that group of yong guys together for a year or so before UFAdom takes a Boynton away from us!

Later

Old
11-03-2003, 01:34 PM
knuckles*

Quote:
I wonder if we'll see Kyle going after Lapointe? That would add a lot of credence to the long standing rumors about Kyle's departure.
I thought it had to do with Ftorek, no?

Either way, should be a good game. I like the way the Bruins have been playing the western teams so far.

Old
11-03-2003, 02:53 PM
dkm

what happened with him and lapointe? i've only heard bits

Old
11-03-2003, 03:38 PM
Neely4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
This is the 1st game in Boston for Kyle, isn't it?

On a side note, our forwards better keep their heads up while Kyle is on the ice. He seems like the type who would like nothing better than to knock Sammy, Zino, or Joe into next week.
Kinda interesting you point this out, I was thinking the same thing but the opposite as far as Joe goes. Joe also seems the type to go out of his way ( which I like about him ) to hit ex-Bruins.

I remember when the Avs played here the 1st & only time with Bourque, although they took it to us ( with help from "Dahole" ) I can vividly remember Thornton seperating Ray from his stick and introducing him to the dasher. I'd have to take a Cam quote here in which he said recently on Nesn that he'd "dump it in the corner and look for ya sweens" ...
I could see Joe pullin this on Kyle at some point in the game.

Closed Thread