HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tickets for next season will go up for some games...

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Tickets for next season will go up for some games...

I just got back from the Bell centre to get my money back for rounds 2-3 and Stanley cup finals,and I asked for next year when the tickets for the package will go on sale and she goes September but they are thinking of bringing up tickets prices against certain teams.She goes Toronto and Boston will be more expense.Ottawa does that,they sell the Leafs and Habs tickets more expensive. That really sucks,sold out every game this year and thats the thank you we get,prices go up!

Old
05-10-2006, 01:23 PM
La Grosse Tendresse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life
That really sucks,sold out every game this year and thats the thank you we get,prices go up!
It's called business. Gillett is in it for the money, just like every other owner out there.

Old
05-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 133
Big deal

Old
05-10-2006, 01:35 PM
NORiculous

Quote:
I just got back from the Bell centre to get my money back for rounds 2-3 and Stanley cup finals,and I asked for next year when the tickets for the package will go on sale and she goes September but they are thinking of bringing up tickets prices against certain teams.She goes Toronto and Boston will be more expense.Ottawa does that,they sell the Leafs and Habs tickets more expensive. That really sucks,sold out every game this year and thats the thank you we get,prices go up!
Basic offer VS. demand principal.

Get use to it, that's how our economic system works.

Old
05-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Habsruleen

Quote:
Since many Leaf and Bruin supporters make it to those games, I like the fact they'll have to give more money to our team to see their team play.

Old
05-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Dumb.

Old
05-10-2006, 05:46 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

How dare the Habs (a private business) aim to make money and have the funds to make the team better.

Old
05-10-2006, 05:55 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsruleen
Since many Leaf and Bruin supporters make it to those games, I like the fact they'll have to give more money to our team to see their team play.
Awesome! And anyways it's a price to pay to bash the Leafs/Bruins fans ... Come on, a Montreal vs Toronto game should cost twice as much as a Montreal vs Islanders game.

BLOW LEAFS BLOW Watching the Leafs fans spend so much money to come over and watch their team get destroyed in back to back games is PRICELESS IMO

*Remember those 2 twits RDS kept showing before game 1 that were getting off the plane, screaming "The cup is going to TO!"

Anyone else think they decided to spend the next 4 years in hiding

Old
05-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Un HabitHuet*

Quote:
I agree with you, the people not bothered by this either don't attend games or are simply too rich to care?

I can see why they're doing it, as obviously people are gonna be willing to pay higher to see games against rivals. They're still cnuts though.

I'm gonna have a good chat with Rico about this...

Old
05-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Well, chances are Boston and Toronto are the only real rivals I'll see next year... maybe Ottawa, so my ticket plan shouldn't be that much more. That is if ticket plans are effected.

Old
05-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Unless you are buying packages and/or season tickets, it's not like you got a fair chance at getting a pair of tickets for a game against Toronto anyways...

Those damn games are always sold out.

Old
05-11-2006, 03:58 PM
AlexCvm

The best thing to do guys is to buy season tickets with some of your friends. You got tickets for every single game and it's cheaper. As of right now, there are no more season tickets available in the blue section, only in the grays. 2745$ (taxes included) for all 41 home game + 5 pre-season game.

Last edited by AlexCvm: 05-11-2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old
05-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Vancouver does this too. They have a premium ticket for some of the higher profile teams including Montreal.

It was an issue in vancouver a few years ago when this system was introduced but its a non factor now.

Its the reality of the situation but the beauty of it is that if you dont like, it, you dont have to go watch the game. They aren't breaking laws. They are just being smart.

Old
05-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Namso

yeah i remember they were talking about variable pricing or something like that on hotstove a couple of weeks ago.

Old
05-11-2006, 05:34 PM
HabsoluteFate

If you can even manage to get a Leafs-Habs game in Montreal take a look at how much the same tickets would cost you in Toronto

I don't have a problem with it...they have been selling out every game they could have probably increased it across the board and gotten away with it

Old
05-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un HabitHuet
I agree with you, the people not bothered by this either don't attend games or are simply too rich to care?
Or they understand how the economy works, and aren't bothered by that.

If tickets in Montreal were among the more pricey in the league, I could understand some hesitance here. But Hab tickets are cheap.

Old
05-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Or they understand how the economy works, and aren't bothered by that.

If tickets in Montreal were among the more pricey in the league, I could understand some hesitance here. But Hab tickets are cheap.
bang on

Old
05-11-2006, 05:47 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
How dare the Habs (a private business) aim to make money and have the funds to make the team better.
If there was indeed a guarantee that they are doing it to make the team better, It wouldn't bother me all that much...but they are only doing it to make even more money...I remember reading that article where Gillet would make over 100 M if he sells the team...I don,t buy that bs they aren't making money.

Old
05-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
If there was indeed a guarantee that they are doing it to make the team better, It wouldn't bother me all that much...but they are only doing it to make even more money...I remember reading that article where Gillet would make over 100 M if he sells the team...I don,t buy that bs they aren't making money.
Simple solution: don't go to games.

The Canadiens are a business. Meaning they will make as much money as they can while not compromising fan loyalty. It's occasionally a difficult balance, but this organization has traditionally done well in keeping the balance.

If enough people agree with you, prices will decrease.

It's not a big deal. I wouldn't even mind a price-raise across the board. And we're only talking about 8 home games out of 41 here.

Closed Thread