HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Robert Lang & Marl Bell

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2006, 01:57 PM
bigmcbob

vCash: 500
Robert Lang & Marl Bell

Rather than go the Free Agent route. I would love to see Gainey do this:

Trade some combination of Zednick, Abbi, Riberio, and draft picks to acquire Mark Bell & Robert Lang. Mark Bell on LW would look good with Koivu and Lang can play with Kovalev. Adds size and opens roster spots.

Old
05-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Mike8

Why would Chicago deal Bell for anything resembling that combination of players?

Old
05-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Maithz

vCash:
you can't always get what you want ... nice song by rolling stones

seriously , I want that situation too but I dont think it will happen

Old
05-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Why does everyone love Bell so much? I've seen him play and I just don't understand all the hype

Old
05-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Why does everyone love Bell so much? I've seen him play and I just don't understand all the hype
Big, strong, physical young winger with good hockey roots.

Old
05-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmcbob
Rather than go the Free Agent route. I would love to see Gainey do this:

Trade some combination of Zednick, Abbi, Riberio, and draft picks to acquire Mark Bell & Robert Lang. Mark Bell on LW would look good with Koivu and Lang can play with Kovalev. Adds size and opens roster spots.
I've been wanting Bell for an insanely long time. But to get him, it would likely cost us Ryder + Ribeiro + a 2nd round pick, and I'm still not sure Chicago would go for it.

Zednik for Lang is a rumour right now, and there are many threads just like this one open that discuss such possibilities at length.

Old
05-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
I've been wanting Bell for an insanely long time. But to get him, it would likely cost us Ryder + Ribeiro + a 2nd round pick, and I'm still not sure Chicago would go for it.

Zednik for Lang is a rumour right now, and there are many threads just like this one open that discuss such possibilities at length.
Mark Bell would cost us Ribeiro + Ryder + 2nd round pick and more? No way!!! I sure want him with the Habs, but Ryder and Ribs alone have had better numbers than him. I might not even make the trade Ryder + Ribs for Bell and you tell me that we would need to add a 2nd round and more? That's way too much IMO.

Old
05-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Bell Would be fantastic for the Habs,It's been a long time Im saying he would be a good addition to the Habs,Big player who can hit and go In front of the net,He Is not a big goalscorer but 20-25 goals per year Is what you will get from him.I remember an article of thefourthperiod saying that the Hawks could be dealing Bell In the off-season,I'll try looking for It

Old
05-14-2006, 05:08 PM
The n00b King ©*

gaaaaaaah! MARLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

Old
05-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab
Mark Bell would cost us Ribeiro + Ryder + 2nd round pick and more? No way!!! I sure want him with the Habs, but Ryder and Ribs alone have had better numbers than him. I might not even make the trade Ryder + Ribs for Bell and you tell me that we would need to add a 2nd round and more? That's way too much IMO.
No, I'm not saying it would cost Ribeiro, Ryder, a 2nd, and more. I'm saying the cost would probably be Ribeiro, Ryder, and a 2nd, but that Chicago might not be interested in that.

Numbers really don't tell the story in this case. Both Ribeiro and Ryder 's play left MUCH to be desired this year.

Old
05-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Terry Fisher

Boy...there's lots of respect for our only 30 goal scorer...what has Bell ever done to think Gainey would deal him for our most pure goal scorer....and to throw Ribs AND a second????..... Come on. Mark Bell has been a prospect with potential since the day he was drafted.

There comes a time when you max out your ability and stagnate into the player you have become. If a 20 goal, 25 assist guy gets you excited, we should just sign Bulis.

Old
05-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Clumsyhab

Call me a homer if you want, but for some reasons, I find our players "underrated". Some clichés I always hear when a big player is available on the market is that they wouldn't want any of our players in return. Why is that? From what I know, we have made the playoffs this year, that means our players aren't that bad.

I've been criticizing Ryder and Ribs all year long, but did Bell ever put up Ryder or Ribs number? NO! His best season so far his 48 points but from what I heard on this board, he's as good as Bertuzzi in his good days.

Old
05-14-2006, 08:08 PM
V-2 Schneider

Bell is a grinder.We need a guy with hands,so can we stop with such foolishness once and for all?

Old
05-14-2006, 08:19 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-2 Schneider
Bell is a grinder.We need a guy with hands,so can we stop with such foolishness once and for all?
Bell has great hands and good vision, and when hes on his game hes downright dangerous and can dominate. Right now hes just too inconsistant but the hawks dont really have good assets. Imagine him between Kovalev and Kost...

Old
05-14-2006, 08:40 PM
V-2 Schneider

What are Bell's numbers again? Don't trade for a guy who is inconsistent.He is that way for a reason, and you aren't picking up a cheap asset,but a dud.There 's no need to deal for a dud;you can try the system for that.

I see this bizarre pattern repeated over and over on HF.Trading for the what if...you trade for strength, and avoid weakness, and that weakness if also a belief that you, Joe Fan, can sit at home and determine that you can spot gold in amongst the dross.

The idea that "potential" has more value than results, is for losers.It applies to business, and to life.

Old
05-14-2006, 08:46 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
What are Bell's numbers again? Don't trade for a guy who is inconsistent.He is that way for a reason, and you aren't picking up a cheap asset,but a dud.There 's no need to deal for a dud;you can try the system for that.

I see this bizarre pattern repeated over and over on HF.Trading for the what if...you trade for strength, and avoid weakness, and that weakness if also a belief that you, Joe Fan, can sit at home and determine that you can spot gold in amongst the dross.

The idea that "potential" has more value than results, is for losers.It applies to business, and to life.
Bell is still young and hes not playing with great players. His inconsistency problems might come from that.

Old
05-14-2006, 08:54 PM
V-2 Schneider

Another excuse.He's young, his linemates are mediocre.

You are wishing he is more than he has already shown.Why? This guy went in the top 10 in 1998? A guy that high should dominate, or maybe he's just another Zubrus, who can show you some elite skill once every 15th shift, and that teaser is enough to have you hoping for more.

We've had guys like that.We shipped them out and allowed them to become other teams' enigmas ie Marcel Hossa.

Old
05-14-2006, 09:04 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Another excuse.He's young, his linemates are mediocre.

You are wishing he is more than he has already shown.Why? This guy went in the top 10 in 1998? A guy that high should dominate, or maybe he's just another Zubrus, who can show you some elite skill once every 15th shift, and that teaser is enough to have you hoping for more.

We've had guys like that.We shipped them out and allowed them to become other teams' enigmas ie Marcel Hossa.
I remember Tim Connolly, Naslund, the Sedins, Lang, Bertuzzi and Marleau all being called inconsistent when they were young. Somtimes you all you need is maturity and the right people to help you go through. Why wouldnt he be one of those guys rather than a Zubrus? Anyways ill take him before Ribeiro.

Old
05-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Pax Macioretty

Ryder, Ribs and a 2nd would be a bargain for that sort of player we desperetly need, how many unconsistent players when drafted have turned out to be great players, look at Bertuzzi,Naslund,Leclair.... and i'm still up for that Zednick for Lang proposal

Kosty-Koivu-Bell
Perezhogin-Lang-Kovalev
Higgins-Pleckanek-Latendresse
Bégin/Lappiere-Bonk/Bégin-Murray

what a line-up! 2 powerforwards, speed, youth, none are defensive pains like Ryder and Zed, that third line has potential to be a first in the future, Kosty has ALOT of potential so he has to play with players as talented as he is

Old
05-14-2006, 09:23 PM
bigmcbob

I feel Bell is the kind of guy that just needs a change to get going. The Hawks appear to be unhapppy with him. He would bring elements that Montreal needs (i.e. Size & Physical Play). He can also put the puck in the net. After watching him, I always felt he would be more productive on the wing. Big body with good hands. Younger version of Arnott in my opinion.

Old
05-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Gardebut30

vCash: 50
Quote:
Bell is a grinder.
I can't judge Bell's value in a trade with Montreal because I don't catch many Hab games and therefore won't comment on what a fair trade would be between the two teams, but calling Bell a grinder is simpleminded. Bell is inconsistent - its not a secret and the reason the Hawks are willing to deal him in looking for more scoring help, but the guy is hardly just a grinder. Where did you pull that one from? You want to see a grinder, watch Kyle Calder.

Old
05-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
I remember Tim Connolly, Naslund, the Sedins, Lang, Bertuzzi and Marleau all being called inconsistent when they were young. Somtimes you all you need is maturity and the right people to help you go through. Why wouldnt he be one of those guys rather than a Zubrus?

very true

Old
05-14-2006, 10:58 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
I remember Tim Connolly, Naslund, the Sedins, Lang, Bertuzzi and Marleau all being called inconsistent when they were young.
Hmm, Lang is still inconsistent, Bertuzzi also has his share of troubles, and I'm not sold on Connolly or the Sedins yet.

Bell might or might not outcome his inconsistency problems. But you don't trade 2 guys the same age that both produce more, even if they have shortcomings. Bell also has shortcomings : his production. As previously said, you don't trade for potential. If we trade for Bell, we trade for a 45 point power forward, not more.

Old
05-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

The Hawks would do a Ryder for Bell trade so we don't have to add anything...

Bell seems to be overrated around here. Not that he's not good, but many posters are saying that he's almost a star while he's only a good NHL player. He's still young and he can become better, but if we have to overpay big time to land him, well sorry, stay in Chicago.

We have Latendresse who isn't really far from the NHL...we should just wait.

Old
05-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Jyroe Habs Fan

I have a few Red Wings fans as friends. They hate LANG because he is soft and defensively poor.
DO YOU THINK WE NEED THIS ON OUR TEAM WITH THE SOFTIES WE HAVE.

Closed Thread