HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perezhogin and the WC

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2006, 09:10 AM
RussianProspects

vCash: 500
Perezhogin and the WC

I could not find a thread on this, so I posted on. Russia's head coach Vladimir Krikunov conversed about Perezhogin in his latest interview.

http://www.russianprospects.com/public/index.php

Old
05-11-2006, 09:12 AM
CaptCrunch

Poor guy...

Will somebody just give him a break?

He just need to find his game... a world cup tournament would be just the thing to help him.

He's got the tools, he just need a toolbox... and someone who doesn't bench him every third shift.

I, for one, I am glad its going to be Carbo, and not Claude Julien, the captain on board when Kostitsyn graduates.

You just cannot wreck your prospect's confidence like that...

Old
05-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Beakermania*

By his math Perez would've had 64 NHL goals and 140 pts had he played the 2004-2005 season.

Ovechkin is nothing compared to our kid.

Stupid Lockout!!!

Old
05-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Shabutie

That SOB is not only mocking Perez but he's mocking the NHL.

Old
05-11-2006, 09:24 AM
CaptCrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
That SOB is not only mocking Perez but he's mocking the NHL.
So, clutch and grab makes you a better player?

I remember several NHL players (Lecavalier?) commenting on the fact that the RSL was just a terrible breeding ground for hooking and obstruction (and that was compared to the old NHL!).

Or maybe NHL players score less goals in the RSL because they come down with food poisoning more often...

Old
05-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Fozz

"Sasha spent a not so successful season in the NHL. He scored only 9 goals. If this is converted to the number of goals in the Super League, it would only be two goals"

Not a very bright comment at all. Especially considering how much weaker the RSL was this year compared to last.

Old
05-11-2006, 09:51 AM
La Grosse Tendresse
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz
Not a very bright comment at all. Especially considering how much weaker the RSL was this year compared to last.
To his defense, the RSL is a very low scoring league compared to the NHL. I'm pretty sure that the average goals per game scored is lower, and they play less games. Still, that doesn't equate into 2 goals, but it his comment isn't as ridiculous as it seems.

And, honestly, what has Perezhogin done this year to warrant a spot on the Russian team? He played well for the playoffs, but that's about it.

Old
05-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB
To his defense, the RSL is a very low scoring league compared to the NHL. I'm pretty sure that the average goals per game scored is lower, and they play less games. Still, that doesn't equate into 2 goals, but it his comment isn't as ridiculous as it seems.

And, honestly, what has Perezhogin done this year to warrant a spot on the Russian team? He played well for the playoffs, but that's about it.
Its ridiculous considering how well Perezhogin played there when the league was stronger.

Old
05-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Its ridiculous considering how well Perezhogin played there when the league was stronger.
exactly...hell, Streit is the Swiss captain and he didn't had a good NHL season. So what, he's not the same player on a bigger rink. Perezhogin is still pretty young and he was awesome in the playoffs...

Old
05-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
exactly...hell, Streit is the Swiss captain and he didn't had a good NHL season. So what, he's not the same player on a bigger rink. Perezhogin is still pretty young and he was awesome in the playoffs...
For a rookie, I thought Streit's season was very good.

Old
05-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
For a rookie, I thought Streit's season was very good.
He was a pretty old rookie so his season was average IMO...

Old
05-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB
Yes it is, considering Perezhogin has proven to score at a good rate in the RSL last year (roughly the same rate as Ovechkin & higher than Datsyuk, actually).

Old
05-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
He was a pretty old rookie so his season was average IMO...
So Crosby's season > Ovechkins?

Old
05-11-2006, 11:29 AM
saskhab

Russian coaches are hardly known for their tact... I wouldn't read much into this. Their hardasses, plain and simple.

Perez had an up and down year, but his game breaking potential shone through. Next year I'm thinking 45+ points. He reminds me of Afinogenev in how he plays (though not as big).

Old
05-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
Russian coaches are hardly known for their tact... I wouldn't read much into this. Their hardasses, plain and simple.

Perez had an up and down year, but his game breaking potential shone through. Next year I'm thinking 45+ points. He reminds me of Afinogenev in how he plays (though not as big).
I haven't seen much of Afinogenov in Perezoghin this year, though Afi did struggle the first years in the NA game.

Old
05-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Form and Substance

Afinogenov has the same size as Perezhogin.

Old
05-11-2006, 12:23 PM
saskhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000
Afinogenov has the same size as Perezhogin.
Afinogenev seems to have a longer reach and stronger lower body. Who knows if Perezhogin can fill out to that kind of frame.

I was more talking about Perez to a young Afinogenev (struggling with consistency though skill suggests dominance).

Old
05-11-2006, 12:27 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

At least he made the NHL contrary to most of the Russian roster. That could be more the reason than anything.

Old
05-11-2006, 12:29 PM
CaptCrunch

Russian Federation using politics to further interest of the RSL on the back of russian NHL players?

Unheard of!

Old
05-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab

He remind me a lil bit Pavel Bure .

Old
05-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Berkut

Send a message via MSN to Berkut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst
He remind me a lil bit Pavel Bure .
Good one buddy!

Old
05-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Namso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Yes it is, considering Perezhogin has proven to score at a good rate in the RSL last year (roughly the same rate as Ovechkin & higher than Datsyuk, actually).
didn't he play with jagr?

Old
05-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso
Yes. And Datsyuk and Ovechkin played together.

Perezhogin's point-production was fine without Jagr as well.

Old
05-11-2006, 04:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso
When he was a 19 year old rookie in the RSL he played on the 4th, then 2nd then back to the 4th line, yet ended up one of the top goal scorers on the team with 15 goals. Last year he played parts of the season with Jagr and that surely helped him but he still was able to show in 2 seasons he can put the puck in the net on his own. If you think back to his draft year, he had 47 goals in 41 games at the junior level, he's clearly got offensive skills. I really thought he would have had more success in the NHL then he had. I was concerned about his lack of strength but thought his speed would make up for it. Hopefully with some confidence, next year he will break out.

Old
05-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch
Poor guy...

Will somebody just give him a break?

He just need to find his game... a world cup tournament would be just the thing to help him.

He's got the tools, he just need a toolbox... and someone who doesn't bench him every third shift.

I, for one, I am glad its going to be Carbo, and not Claude Julien, the captain on board when Kostitsyn graduates.

You just cannot wreck your prospect's confidence like that...
He seemed to respond well to Gainey & Carbo's system. He's found a way to play well without scoring a lot. Obviously more scoring would be better for everyone concerned, but finding a place in the system means that he'll get regular playing time without the pressure of producing big numbers.

I'm really not sure that he'll ever be a top scorer. But he showed enough good things that I could see him turning into a very good two-way forward. He could be the ideal replacement (upgrade, even) for the good Bulis, the one who excelled in a 3rd line role.

Closed Thread