HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Harold Druken

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Leaf Army

vCash: 500
Harold Druken

Mike Penney was on Leafs Lunch today and Bill Watters asked him about Harold Druken.

Penney explained that Druken got married in the summer, hired a personal trainer and at the age of 24 has re-dedicated himself to becoming an NHL player- both on and off the ice.

After rehabing from shoulder surgery, he's played 4 games this year and has 4 goals. Watters suggested he wouldn't be surprised if Druken ends up playing with the Leafs as the season goes on.

Does anybody think that Druken could still have the potential to end up being a quality NHLer?

Old
11-03-2003, 09:01 AM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Given dedication? NHL'r yes. Quality NHL'r, doubtful. BTW, his 4 goals came with back to back deuces, so it looks like he's on the right track to recovery after shoulder surgery.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:03 AM
CaputMortuum

I always have. Hes skilled but kinda lazy like Dan Cleary. 3rd line replacement for Green?

Old
11-03-2003, 10:02 AM
Courage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
Given dedication? NHL'r yes. Quality NHL'r, doubtful. BTW, his 4 goals came with back to back deuces, so it looks like he's on the right track to recovery after shoulder surgery.
I don't know if I agree. He showed signs of incredible vision in Vancouver. With the right linemates, he's a quality playmaker. Not top-tier, but certainly good enough to play on most teams second lines. That's his talent, but as you say, his dedication is a different question.

Old
11-03-2003, 10:08 AM
DutchLeafsfan

Send a message via ICQ to DutchLeafsfan Send a message via MSN to DutchLeafsfan
He has the talent to be a pretty good NHL'er, his problem has been his commitment. If he can fix it he should be a pretty solid player. If getting married and finding out he after all wants to go for a good career gives him the required commitment he could be a nice surprise.

Old
11-03-2003, 12:12 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

he looked good on sunday

Old
11-03-2003, 12:16 PM
Savage

Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
I truly believe that if Druken dedicated himself to the game and stayed in shape he could be a solid 20 goal 45-50 point guy that you could rely on in a 2nd line spot or a 3rd line spot on a deep team. Who really knows though, maybe we're all just way of base and his start in Vancouver was just a fluke but only time will tell.

Old
11-03-2003, 12:35 PM
wasting time

Call him up and sit Nolan for a wake up call.

Old
11-03-2003, 12:36 PM
CCF
This is the year....

I wouldn't advise putting him on the third line, if that line is meant to check opposing forwards. Druken is as bad as Kovalchuk when it comes to positional play in his own end. He needs to be able to play on the top two lines to stick in the NHL, because he lacks any sort of defensive or physical aspect in his game to spend his career on the bottom lines.

Old
11-03-2003, 01:07 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF
I wouldn't advise putting him on the third line, if that line is meant to check opposing forwards. Druken is as bad as Kovalchuk when it comes to positional play in his own end. He needs to be able to play on the top two lines to stick in the NHL, because he lacks any sort of defensive or physical aspect in his game to spend his career on the bottom lines.
Leafs need someone who is all about offense, they have enough of the other type.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
11-03-2003, 01:32 PM
sjmapleleafsfan

Druken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Mike Penney was on Leafs Lunch today and Bill Watters asked him about Harold Druken.

Penney explained that Druken got married in the summer, hired a personal trainer and at the age of 24 has re-dedicated himself to becoming an NHL player- both on and off the ice.

After rehabing from shoulder surgery, he's played 4 games this year and has 4 goals. Watters suggested he wouldn't be surprised if Druken ends up playing with the Leafs as the season goes on.

Does anybody think that Druken could still have the potential to end up being a quality NHLer?
Leaf Army,
I happen to know the personal trainer that Druken hired and I can say without any doubt that if Druken followed the instructions of the trainer than he is in top shape.

It is the opinion here that Druken lost his place on the Canucks team because he got injuried and when he was ready to return was not inserted into the line-up. Then he went from team to team and now has landed on his feet in St. John's and the Leafs organization.

I honestly believe that Druken still has the potential to end up being a quality NHLer. Until that time we will enjoy watching him play for the SJML's.

sjmapleleafsfan

Old
11-03-2003, 01:34 PM
sjmapleleafsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
Dar,
It all comes down to dedication. I think that he can be both an NHLer and a Quality NHLer. A few more games under his belt and Druken will be one of the top players on the SJML's this season.

sjmapleleafsfan

Closed Thread