HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Sarno called up...

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2003, 09:13 AM
Digger12

vCash: 500
Sarno called up...

Stoll on IR due to tonsilitis.

www.edmontonoilers.com

Old
11-03-2003, 09:18 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

looks like J.Wright and J.Rita are next in line.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:29 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Good move by the Oilers.

Sarno has played really well the past 2 games, and has shown some excellent defensive play to boot.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:33 AM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Good move by the Oilers.

Sarno has played really well the past 2 games, and has shown some excellent defensive play to boot.
I doubt he sees any icetime though, unless they sit Horcoff thinking that Sarno can help out on the PP. They had Sarno back on the point on the PP in the Pre-Season.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:41 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
I doubt he sees any icetime though, unless they sit Horcoff thinking that Sarno can help out on the PP. They had Sarno back on the point on the PP in the Pre-Season.
I know, but it is in more of a rewarding sense for Sarno. His big knock was that he was an offensive guy who didn't play defense, but he has appeared to have changed that.

Kudos to the Oiler brass for continuing to reward the guys who are making strides, maybe it will send a message to certain players. Rita had a good game yesterday, but he needs to build on that, and then the Oilers should consider giving him a call up.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:47 AM
Digger12

I really feel good for Sarno right now. He's toiled on the farm, gone to Europe, went through a heartbreaking final cut in camp and has toiled on the farm some more. I hope he gets at least one game in, from what I saw of him yesterday he wouldn't look bad at all on our PP.

Sit Chimera for a game or two, he needs a wakeup call anyway. Give Sarno a shot...maybe he'd even win a draw or two!

Old
11-03-2003, 09:49 AM
Oilhitch

Good call for the Oilers. Does anyone know if he will be getting any PP time. They could really use him on the PP. He had a great pre-season on the PP.

Old
11-03-2003, 01:04 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Start singin people!

SIT SHAWN HORCOFF! clap-clap-clap-clap-clap

Take it LD!

Old
11-03-2003, 02:01 PM
Izzy4Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Start singin people!

Take it LD!

And here comes Lowetide!

Old
11-04-2003, 06:36 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Start singin people!

Take it LD!
even better... macT reportedly promoted clearcoff to the top line thanks to the peter dowd call up...

if i hadn't already pre-purchased all the PPV games i would have to consider not getting this one. although i'd probably end up getting it anyway because i'm such a dumbass.

Old
11-04-2003, 07:00 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
even better... macT reportedly promoted clearcoff to the top line thanks to the peter dowd call up...

if i hadn't already pre-purchased all the PPV games i would have to consider not getting this one. although i'd probably end up getting it anyway because i'm such a dumbass.
He could send down the entire team, and call up our ECHL team and I'd still watch as I'd have to watch to see how bad my Oileres looked!

But anyways.

Sarno is supposed to be on a line with Izzy and Salmo - I hope they get enough Icetime as that line is fast! Izzy will provide the size to create space and those other two are SO damn fast! Sarno better be on the point on the powerplay as he impressed me there in the offseason. I thought it made more sense to keep him up instead of having Stoll play one of four games!

Old
11-04-2003, 07:08 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
He could send down the entire team, and call up our ECHL team and I'd still watch as I'd have to watch to see how bad my Oileres looked!

But anyways.

Sarno is supposed to be on a line with Izzy and Salmo - I hope they get enough Icetime as that line is fast! Izzy will provide the size to create space and those other two are SO damn fast! Sarno better be on the point on the powerplay as he impressed me there in the offseason. I thought it made more sense to keep him up instead of having Stoll play one of four games!
SAY "NO" TO FORWARDS ON THE POINT.

it really blows my mind when people (coaches included) can think that an AHL castoff can actually be a positive contributer to an NHL team. i mean, what is the logic here?

"we're struggling defensively... let's mess up the lines some more so the players STILL have no idea who they are playing with or where their linemates will setup. then, let's stick an AHLer on the point on the powerplay and see how many short handed goals we can give up"

maybe he'll make me eat my words... more likely i'll be spitting rage at him the same way i did at jim dowd.

Closed Thread