HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal: Habs and Blues

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Avs72Habs33

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal: Habs and Blues

To Blues: Aebisher - Ribeiro - Perezhogin/Zednik

To Habs: Brewer/Jackman - 28th pick overall

Old
05-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Mike8

That's nice and all, but it takes the Blues agreeing to make this a deal. And I see nothing to make St.Louis want this deal.

Old
05-11-2006, 02:23 PM
BigStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
That's nice and all, but it takes the Blues agreeing to make this a deal. And I see nothing to make St.Louis want this deal.

yeah, wasn't sanford playing well for them anyway.

Old
05-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Squeaky

With perezhogin in there, I could see the Blues maybe being interested. Not with Zednik.

Old
05-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Weis
Rise Together

I dont think this trade make alot of sense for them.

I dont think the blues are going to trade their pick cause they are rebuilding. Considering they gave Pronger for Brewer I dont think they gonna trade him also.

Mtl doesnt need Jackman!

Old
05-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Mike8

Yep.

I don't think Aebischer has that much value. He's decent and all, but there's a lot of decent netminders out there. Take a look at the teams in the playoffs right now: Anaheim's running with Bryzgalov, which means they feel they have two number ones (Giguere being the other); Carolina's running with Ward (Gerber's also a starter); Buffalo's running with Miller (Biron's also a starter); SJ with Toskala (Nabokov). That's 4 of the 8 teams in the playoffs that feel they have two number one goaltenders.

There's a lot of fringe #1s out there. Aebischer hasn't proven to be anything more than a fringe #1. Meaning Aebischer doesn't have that much value.

I like Ribeiro these days, and I think he holds some value, but it's value as a 'potentially good player'. He's more suspect than potential right now. To his credit, he's put up some decent points in the regular season, but he's also known to be weak fundamentally. Which makes him a good band-aid player for a rebuilding club, but nothing more.

I see Ribeiro's value being as a 'decent replacement' for a bigger acquisition. Let's say, for example, that Montreal wanted Keith Tkachuk who was really quite good down the stretch... and let's say, hypothetically, that Tkachuk's got a couple years on his contract, and that his contract isn't outlandish (but still hefty). I think the Habs could move Ribeiro plus a good pick for Tkachuk. That's the type of value I think Ribeiro would have. In other words: decent value, but nothing great.

Zednik is good, but not great. For a rebuilding Blues team, he'd be a stop-gap/band-aid player.

Perezhogin's nice and all, but more of a project. I can see the Blues having interest in him, but not when they're giving up young players for him.

Considering the Blues are a rebuilding team, I highly doubt they move one of Brewer/Jackman considering both are young & still developing defensemen. Those are key cogs for their rebuild; one of whom was obtained for Pronger (!), which should tell you something.

Not to mention their first round pick... well, they'd want to hold on to that.

All in all: if you want a bruising young defenseman, you're going to need to overpay for Jackman, because he's precisely what the Blues do not want to trade.

Old
05-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Capitano

I agree, Jackman and Brewer are the cornerstones of that franchise, they aren't going anywhere.

Cap

Old
05-11-2006, 02:50 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Man we should stop proposing trades...this one won't happen either, 2 great D mans for a back-up goalie, a small forward that can't score and players that show up once every 10 games...I doubt Larry Plau is stupid.

Old
05-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Nobak

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs911
Man we should stop proposing trades...this one won't happen either, 2 great D mans for a back-up goalie, a small forward that can't score and players that show up once every 10 games...I doubt Larry Plau is stupid.
So now Jackman and Brewer count as 2 great dmen each?

Old
05-11-2006, 03:23 PM
turnbuckle*

I could see the Blues dealing Brewer if the 16th pick was in the mix.

Perezhogin, Ferland, Cote and the 16th pick for Brewer and the 28th pick.

Brewer will be a UFA in a couple of years, and more than likely wouldn't stick around in St. Louis if they're still near the bottom, a very real possibility.

Let's say at the draft the Habs are getting ready to draft, and there's a player on the board the Blues really like. Let's just say it's Wishart.

If the Blues are 'truly" rebuilding, Pleau may like the look of having Erik Johnson (who they may pick 1st overall), Wishart and Cote on the blueline along with Perezhogin and Ferland up front in three years instead of only having Johnson and this year's 28th pick, as Brewer will likely be long gone.

With or without Brewer, the Blues are prolly going to be pretty mediocre next season.

Old
05-11-2006, 03:25 PM
5 man unit

If Aebi had any value we'd want to keep him.

Old
05-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

i say we trade our 1st for the 28th pick and a second rounder

Closed Thread