HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Haydar

Old
05-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Samsonites

vCash: 500
Haydar

I'm seeing that Haydar is having an excellent playoffs in the AHL and having a career year.

Could someone give me his potential to make the NHL or is this guy a career AHLer?

Thanks.

Samsonites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 09:36 AM
PredsMan

most likely a career AHL'er.

he doesn't have the foot speed for the NHL, especially for his 5'8" frame.

PredsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 12:19 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Agreed. The AHL has always had Darren Haydars.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
I hate the labeling of a player who has never even been given a shot. I know the odds are stacked against him, but I'd really like to see him given a good shot at one point or another, although it probably wouldn't be with the Preds.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 04:15 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
I hate the labeling of a player who has never even been given a shot. I know the odds are stacked against him, but I'd really like to see him given a good shot at one point or another, although it probably wouldn't be with the Preds.
I would love to see him get a chance too. He does seem like a career AHLer, but while he doesn't have speed, he's got the creativity, talent, and hockey sense to possibly succeed at the NHL level. Some team would be wise to give him a shot at the NHL level. A team that doesn't have a lot to lose and needs scoring punch but not size. Just give him 20 games of solid ice time to see what happens. Unfortunately, like Gamache, he'll never got more than a quick look on some crappy team's second line, and when he doesn't immediately produce, he'll be demoted and never heard from again. The new NHL is more conducive to players like Gamache and Haydar than ever before. While it rewards speed most of all, it also doesn't allow bigger defenseman to drape themselves all over opposing forwards. This creates space which both Gamache and Haydar use very, very well.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2006, 05:28 PM
handtrick

Poile said on an interview during an Ads game in Houston that he would love to see Haydar get a shot in the NHL "with us or someone else.....he can always look to me as an excellent reference to any GM.....he is a big game player and always a pure professional and a credit to the organization".........

Sounds to me like Poile would like to see someone give him a chance as well.......

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2006, 11:37 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
haydar deservers a chance, but we have so many smallish forwards already i never see him making our squad.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 07:51 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm just not a fan of small slow guys

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 08:47 AM
AdmiralPred

Very similar to Gamache. Could possibly be similar to the Gamache situation of this past season if he were to be called to duty with the Preds. It's too bad for Haydar because he has excellent skills, creativity, and finishing ability, however, I don't thinik that's going to help to overcome his other shortcommings already mentioned in this thread. As an Ads fan, I realize his days are numbered, for the time being, in Milwaukee if he is to get his well-deserved shot at some time in the NHL. He's been one of the most consistant, durable, and dependable scorers the Ads have had in years, and we've had Tony Hrkac for a few stretches and Gamache here too (who has signed a contract with the Swiss League for next season).

AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 01:19 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Haydar refused to redo his contract to get below the waiver threshold so he has to be exposed to waivers to be called up, putting us on the hook for half his salary. I don't see us doing that with him. And honestly I don't think he's delusional about ever being a full time NHL player or he would have redone his contract.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 01:22 PM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Haydar refused to redo his contract to get below the waiver threshold so he has to be exposed to waivers to be called up, putting us on the hook for half his salary. I don't see us doing that with him. And honestly I don't think he's delusional about ever being a full time NHL player or he would have redone his contract.
I thought that that might be the case. I wasn't sure where to find that out so I didn't comment on it. Good news from an Ads fan's perspective.

AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2006, 02:08 PM
stocker

I think Haydar deserves a shot.Hes paid his dues.

stocker is offline   Reply With Quote