HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So Theodore had 3 good games out of 9 games in the playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Pere Noel

vCash: 500
So Theodore had 3 good games out of 9 games in the playoffs

3 good games, of which he won only 1 ... the other victories came out of Colorado scoring a bunch (5, 5 and 4 goals).

Not exactly Roy if you see what I mean. Nobody believed Pierre Lacroix when he told the Denver press, that he had just pulled another trade "a la Roy".. and I think he will have some more convincing work to do tomorrow.

I have to say, when I would see Theodore's picture as of late in the Colorado uniform, I was glad we don't have to deal with that salary anymore.

Are you missing Theo?

Old
05-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Theo: 3 good games out of 9
Huet: 5 good games out of 6

Am I missing Theo? NOT AT ALL

But I wouldn't be surprised to see Theo having a good season next year. But anyways, he will be receiving 5.5M so it will be too much anyway...

Oh yeah, and we have Huet!

Old
05-12-2006, 12:00 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
give it a rest already.

Old
05-12-2006, 12:03 AM
LeHab

We should compare Aebischer vs Theodore and not Theodore vs Huet.

Old
05-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Evil Ted

I really hope theo well, he made some great saves and for sure made a huge improvement from when he left the habs, Im still happy with the trade but I dont hold it against him he was great for them in the playoffs this year, his team couldnt beat the goalie at the other end that doesnt make it easy for him.

We dont need to give him a hard time hes in the west now, just wish him good luck.

Old
05-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Pere Noel

I just don't miss the situation.

I am glad we can play Huet instead.

I am glad we don't have to deal with the salary anymore.

And I am comparing the results of Theo with what Lacroix said about his "steal" a la Roy.

In the best case scenario, he (Lacroix) will have to try to convince everybody for at least a year.

Old
05-12-2006, 12:38 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel
3 good games, of which he won only 1 ... the other victories came out of Colorado scoring a bunch (5, 5 and 4 goals).

Not exactly Roy if you see what I mean. Nobody believed Pierre Lacroix when he told the Denver press, that he had just pulled another trade "a la Roy".. and I think he will have some more convincing work to do tomorrow.

I have to say, when I would see Theodore's picture as of late in the Colorado uniform, I was glad we don't have to deal with that salary anymore.

Are you missing Theo?
The game has changed, more oriented toward a team concept, speed... You have to make everything at a high level speed, thats the key... The puck has to move quickly, the passes accurate and crisp... Lacroix is from the old school, will have to adjust cause the end isnt far away. Théo isnt to blame for losing this serie, the Ducks just outplayed the AVS totally, even with the best goaltender in net the result would have been the same.

Old
05-12-2006, 12:46 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I personaly think he was great it the playoffs. I just don`t see having Aebischer there for instance instead of Theo would have had different results. Let`s face it: the Avs are not the same team that won those cups and Theo(while good) is not one of the Greatest that has ever played the game like Roy.

Old
05-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Artyukhin*

anyone got theo's career record in the second round of the playoffs?

Old
05-12-2006, 12:54 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
The game has changed, more oriented toward a team concept, speed... You have to make everything at a high level speed, thats the key... The puck has to move quickly, the passes accurate and crisp... Lacroix is from the old school, will have to adjust cause the end isnt far away. Théo isnt to blame for losing this serie, the Ducks just outplayed the AVS totally, even with the best goaltender in net the result would have been the same.

did you see the goal tonight that was scored 5 hole?

there was no deflection to blame tonight and i think the puck was even going slower than that overtime goal and still went in ...

im calling the book store tommrow ... the book is out

Old
05-12-2006, 01:02 AM
Mules
Waiting for hockey

Well, with all the talk of saving the cap space, I hope you guys landed Todd Bertuzzi next season.
Avs fans in Northwest has seen a lot of Todd, and I think he will fit well into this team.

Old
05-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Artyukhin*

Bryzgalov showed theo what a 5 million dollar goalie should have played like

i hope theo watches Bryzgalov tapes all summer

Old
05-12-2006, 01:14 AM
Mules
Waiting for hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie

Sure, and then he will let in 3-4 soft goals a night like Jiggy, Nabokov and Turco after earning their 5 million dollars contract.

Doesn't help that our players shoot at Bryz's chest than actually challenging him in the crease.

Old
05-12-2006, 02:14 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie

lol, its not a matter of cash... Suppose Théo is in the net for Anaheim, Bryzgalov in net for Colorado... The serie is actually probably over as well, if not over very close to be... The Ducks were clearly the best team, they outplayed the AVS in every areas of the game... Bryzgalov has been solid but when your team play that well in front of you, this is what you expect from your goaltender, makes the keys saves... Theo isnt superman, he faced a ton of quality scoring chances in the serie.

Old
05-12-2006, 03:09 AM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
lol, its not a matter of cash... Suppose Théo is in the net for Anaheim, Bryzgalov in net for Colorado... The serie is actually probably over as well, if not over very close to be... The Ducks were clearly the best team, they outplayed the AVS in every areas of the game... Bryzgalov has been solid but when your team play that well in front of you, this is what you expect from your goaltender, makes the keys saves... Theo isnt superman, he faced a ton of quality scoring chances in the serie.
Great goalies can lead their team to victory even when their team is the second best team on the ice. You'd have to be insane of course to think, at this point, that Theo was great. He's really pretty average and probably below average iin the playoffs. A few great saves by your goalie can completely change the outcome of a game. Just look what Emery did tonight for Ottawa. The point is that the money was spent on Theo because it was believed that he could bring what presumably the "average" David Aebischer couldn't. But, honestly, if Aebischer's in nets for Colorado they do just as well in this years playoffs, beating Dallas and losing to the Ducks. Truth be told, then, stupid move if you're Colorado; just a chunk of their cap space gone for a run-of-the-mill-goalie. And as Habs fans we should feel damn lucky someone took him off our hands.

Old
05-12-2006, 04:33 AM
nikrag03*

Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted
I really hope theo well, he made some great saves and for sure made a huge improvement from when he left the habs, Im still happy with the trade but I dont hold it against him he was great for them in the playoffs this year, his team couldnt beat the goalie at the other end that doesnt make it easy for him.

We dont need to give him a hard time hes in the west now, just wish him good luck.

No hes a cocky mofo who spends more time on his knees than JJ. His rebound control is awful. the only reason he sometimes makes those "spectacular" saves is cause hes always so out of ****in position... either that or he gives the most retarded rebounds i've seen.. instead of doing gatorade coommericals in the summer he shold work on his game andtry to be a little more modest. it mgiht actually help him get better

Old
05-12-2006, 07:25 AM
Artie

And if he were for some insane reason traded back to the Habs he'd be a top 10 goalie!

Old
05-12-2006, 07:42 AM
mcphee

I see Theo right now as a guy who can make great saves but not play great games.

He's always been an elite savemaker. The goalie position evolves a bit every few years and the butterfly guys, who go down an instant too early seem to be getting exposed right now. The good shooters seem to have an extra split second to pick a corner. Players adapt, and we'll see if Theo does.

Old
05-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Roots73

I get the feeling that Theo will be the catalyst for a total revamp in Denver. But he won't be the cornerstone that Roy was. He'll be the weak brick that brings the house down.

Old
05-12-2006, 07:45 AM
suffocator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark1
We should compare Aebischer vs Theodore and not Theodore vs Huet.

I don't think you understand the new Hockey reality. you unload a salary to insert another player... And then you have cap room to sign other players

Old
05-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I see Theo right now as a guy who can make great saves but not play great games.

He's always been an elite savemaker. The goalie position evolves a bit every few years and the butterfly guys, who go down an instant too early seem to be getting exposed right now. The good shooters seem to have an extra split second to pick a corner. Players adapt, and we'll see if Theo does.
I think the equipment change hurt him a lot too. Theo is very quick, but he seems to be caught out of position a lot.

Cap

Old
05-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Mules
Waiting for hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie
And if he were for some insane reason traded back to the Habs he'd be a top 10 goalie!

Old
05-12-2006, 08:50 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie
That'll never happen. He is Colorado's problem now.

By the way, Theodore is now on an 11 game losing streak in the second round... What a money goalie.

Old
05-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
That'll never happen. He is Colorado's problem now.

By the way, Theodore is now on an 11 game losing streak in the second round... What a money goalie.
I think you missed my point

Old
05-12-2006, 09:17 AM
hab

i wish him the best but I am glad he is gone. if he were still here, he would be sharing time with huet, that would have been a disaster....

Closed Thread