HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Tom Duggan

Old
05-13-2006, 07:41 AM
BritSabre

vCash: 500
Tom Duggan

I'm looking for information on a local guy to me, born in Reading, England. I know he plays at Shattuck Saint-Mary's and he's a May 1990 birth forward. Just any information on how he's getting on, whether he'll turn pro one day, anything. he's below 6' tall, something like 5'9" or 5'10" so i doubt that he'll make the NHL, but whats the next step for him? Possible AHL or ECHL standard player? I can see him coming back to play in Germany or England if he's only ECHL standard. He played in a tournament in Quebec in 2003, then got sponsorship from a Canadian team to hop across the pond according to a mate of mine. I don't know how accurate this information is as hes playing in America, but where next for him? My knowledge of the junior leagues is very limited so any information would be excellent.

Last edited by BritSabre: 05-13-2006 at 08:20 AM.
BritSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 11:20 AM
El_Scoobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist#30
I'm looking for information on a local guy to me, born in Reading, England. I know he plays at Shattuck Saint-Mary's and he's a May 1990 birth forward. Just any information on how he's getting on, whether he'll turn pro one day, anything. he's below 6' tall, something like 5'9" or 5'10" so i doubt that he'll make the NHL, but whats the next step for him? Possible AHL or ECHL standard player? I can see him coming back to play in Germany or England if he's only ECHL standard. He played in a tournament in Quebec in 2003, then got sponsorship from a Canadian team to hop across the pond according to a mate of mine. I don't know how accurate this information is as hes playing in America, but where next for him? My knowledge of the junior leagues is very limited so any information would be excellent.
Is he related to Jim Duggan??? Perhaps a distant relative?

El_Scoobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Gwyddbwyll

He's not listed on any of the SSM rosters. Strange.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 02:20 PM
BritSabre

he was on the U16 prep roster i think

Old
05-16-2006, 02:22 PM
BritSabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Scoobo
Is he related to Jim Duggan??? Perhaps a distant relative?
no idea i'm afraid.

Old
05-16-2006, 04:21 PM
evegoe

Shattuck U16 Roster

Tom had a decent year for this squad which represents SSM at the National U16 Tournament. It's pretty difficult to say where he'll be headed right now. If he made the prep team, then he'd probably have the option to play somewhere (e.g. D-I NCAA, or Canadien Major Junior) after SSM.

evegoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 04:37 AM
BritSabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by evegoe
Shattuck U16 Roster

Tom had a decent year for this squad which represents SSM at the National U16 Tournament. It's pretty difficult to say where he'll be headed right now. If he made the prep team, then he'd probably have the option to play somewhere (e.g. D-I NCAA, or Canadien Major Junior) after SSM.
Thanks a lot. He's a May '90 born, when do you think he'll start in the NCAA or the CHL?

Old
05-17-2006, 12:53 PM
evegoe

Most likely he'd have two more years at SSM before moving on anywhere.

evegoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 12:23 AM
f1nn

Send a message via AIM to f1nn
I played with Tom for a couple years in Bracknell, England. From what I remember he had a good skillset although it's hard to say since we were like 10-12 but one thing I do know is Duggan and the rest of the players I played with alot of heart.. England may not produce the best hockey players but they sure don't let that stop them from trying..

f1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2006, 12:49 AM
f1nn

Send a message via AIM to f1nn
a little OT but i was wondering if anyone is familiar with another Shattuck player named Joey Purrull.. I'm not sure which team he's on but i played with him 2 years ago and last year he went to play for Shattuck.. don't know about now but last time I saw him he was a 4'11" 16 year old but it didn't matter because he is a great skater and has amazing puckhandling skills

f1nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 12:37 PM
youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 nipple finn View Post
a little OT but i was wondering if anyone is familiar with another Shattuck player named Joey Purrull.. I'm not sure which team he's on but i played with him 2 years ago and last year he went to play for Shattuck.. don't know about now but last time I saw him he was a 4'11" 16 year old but it didn't matter because he is a great skater and has amazing puckhandling skills
I got the chance to watch him play in afew games this year..He is now about 5'6. I had a chance to talk to him after a game in Chicago, he only had on his under armer, and the kid is cut. He will easily play major AAA, this coming season. Then move on to the NAHL or maybe even the USHL. I watch him at RMD this last weekend and for a little guy, that can score, he need's to play more like a Toto.

youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote