HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Datsyuk? With apologies to kira

Old
05-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Slitty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
I'm curious...why is it when you guys say all these things about him you don't get your case jumped, but if I say them, I'm accused of making excuses? I don't get it.

Our love and appreciation of Datsyuk surpasses yours!

Slitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2006, 07:23 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitty
Our love and appreciation of Datsyuk surpasses yours!

That's not even funny.

kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2006, 09:20 PM
TorontoWingsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanCommunications
Datsyuk is still young enough. Ken Holland is a dufus. But he said something that makes sense: It often takes players time to adjust to the playoffs.
I think the Wings need to trade Robert Lang for scoring line winger with speed and skill.
Or, get a guy on the UFA market (and still trade Lang, perhaps for a second pairing defenseman)

We have to get faster.
And we won't do it by trading our fastest skilled forward.
I agree. But something tells me Datsyuk will not re-sign with the Wings after this season.

He was Kovalchuk money and Holland will rightly so not give it.

He should make trading Lang and his salary his #1 priority, for a speedy winger.

But he also should understand that Dats will probably fly the coop for free in 2007.

TorontoWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 04:02 AM
Zorin

Send a message via ICQ to Zorin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro
They can't sign him until January, per the new CBA. No renegotiations, and no negotiating extensions until January of the year the contract expires.

Is that so? My understanding was that you cannot renegotiate a contract till then. But Can't they now agree on a contract that FOLLOWS the current one? So, none with effect today but one that is validated, say, July, 1st 07 to June 30th 2010 or so?! With no effect on the current contract. I mean, they could sign, say, McGrath to a contract for next summer now, couldn't they? If so why should that not be possible for a guy from current roster IF IT DOESNT AFFECT THE CURRENT ONE.

Zorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 07:32 AM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorin
Is that so? My understanding was that you cannot renegotiate a contract till then. But Can't they now agree on a contract that FOLLOWS the current one? So, none with effect today but one that is validated, say, July, 1st 07 to June 30th 2010 or so?! With no effect on the current contract. I mean, they could sign, say, McGrath to a contract for next summer now, couldn't they? If so why should that not be possible for a guy from current roster IF IT DOESNT AFFECT THE CURRENT ONE.
Well they said back in January that the Wings were going to start negotiating with their pending UFAs, and that they had to wait until January to do it. Also, Holland is getting asked questions about Datsyuk every day by the media. He would have said something if there were a chance to extend Datsyuk's deal - when someone asked him about trading him, he would have said "well, we're hoping to get him extended before training camp so that shouldn't be an issue." Or something like that.

Plus, every source I've heard says that there are no extensions until January of the last year of the contract.

Kind of a dumb rule if you ask me, but they probably did it to protect the cap - otherwise you'd see guys signing extensions and then getting traded a year later, and their cap numbers would get a lot more complicated. I'm betting that in future CBAs you'll see some sort of renegotiation/extension clause worked in, but because they were pressed for time, they just lopped it off last summer.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 08:34 AM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorin
Sarcastro is correct. Contracts can not be renegotiated at all (once signed both parties have to live with it) and they can not be extended until January of the final year.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Jussha

I honestly don't think that datsyuk is gonna sign with another NHL team, if he doesn't get the money he wants from the red wings i think he will go back to Russia, he has already stated before that detroit is the NHL team he wants to play for, and I don't think he is still that comfortable in NA that he wants to either stay in detroit or back to russia if he can't get super big time money that he probably wants.

Jussha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 10:55 PM
TorontoWingsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussha
I honestly don't think that datsyuk is gonna sign with another NHL team, if he doesn't get the money he wants from the red wings i think he will go back to Russia, he has already stated before that detroit is the NHL team he wants to play for, and I don't think he is still that comfortable in NA that he wants to either stay in detroit or back to russia if he can't get super big time money that he probably wants.
Problem is some bottom feeder with 30 million of cap room WILL offer him Ilya Kovalchuk money.

TorontoWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote