HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just throwing my thought on the pile

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2003, 01:34 PM
The New Dynasty

vCash: 500
Just throwing my thought on the pile

ok so everyone wants to get rid of Salo and we all know that Edmonton and NY are very good and very old trade partners why not try this out.

Salo and Comrie

for

Dunham Tyutin and Lundmark

just a thought what do you guys think

PS throw a pick in if you think its necasary say a 4th

Old
11-03-2003, 01:36 PM
mugu

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New Dynasty
ok so everyone wants to get rid of Salo and we all know that Edmonton and NY are very good and very old trade partners why not try this out.

Salo and Comrie

for

Dunham Tyutin and Lundmark

just a thought what do you guys think

PS throw a pick in if you think its necasary say a 4th
biblical proportion overpay, two very high end players for a good goalie and two minor leaguers

Old
11-03-2003, 01:37 PM
mugu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugu
biblical proportion overpay, two very high end players for a good goalie and two minor leaguers
indientally im im just being sarcatisc refering to teh biblical thing but i still think its an overpay

Old
11-03-2003, 01:39 PM
outKast*

Quote:
Im having trouble with your reply.
sure... Lundmark isnt enough for Comrie but Lundmark is not a minor leaguer. And not only is Dunham a "good" goaltender, but he's also better than Tommy Salo. Fedor Tyutin is supposed to be a good stay at home defenseman with offensive flair. I wouldn't take the offer myself becaue i think we can do so much better but this proposal isn't that far off.

Old
11-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Mizral

You're right, big overpay.. by the Rag$

No doubt Rangers fans will see this & agree.

Lundmark, while I don't like him, does have a lot of value out there. Right now, Lowe may ponder a Comrie for Lundmark deal due to the extenuating circumstances that draws Comrie's value down.

Tjutin is probobly a top 25 prospect in the league right now. His value would be huge prospect-wise. Think Torres before the season started.

Dunham has not been a problem in NYR. He makes much less cash than Salo and has played 10 times as good.

Maybe (big maybe) Lundmark and Dunham for Comrie and Salo. I don't think any team wants Salo for anything though.

Old
11-03-2003, 01:44 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflip
Im having trouble with your reply.
sure... Lundmark isnt enough for Comrie but Lundmark is not a minor leaguer. And not only is Dunham a "good" goaltender, but he's also better than Tommy Salo. Fedor Tyutin is supposed to be a good stay at home defenseman with offensive flair. I wouldn't take the offer myself becaue i think we can do so much better but this proposal isn't that far off.
I'd take that deal and run to be honest. Dunham is a huge upgrade on Salo imo. Tyutin is a big physical defensive defensemen that is at most a year or two away. Lundmark is the wilcard however in my opinion, but I think the Oilers still win the deal even if Lundmark is a bust.

Old
11-03-2003, 01:45 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
I'm very doubtful that people around the league see Tommy Salo as a "very high end player" anymore.

Old
11-03-2003, 01:48 PM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
I'd take that deal and run to be honest.
So would I. Fedor Tyutin wasn't a highly-touted prospect by any means, but he is big, but the Oilers are a huge team now. Now we need more skill, not size. And I would rather have Dunham than Slao at this point, although in 2001 my opinion would be different.

Quote:
You're right, big overpay.. by the Rag$
Why was I expecting this from you Mizral? :p Noone on the Oilers roster is good enough, right?

Old
11-03-2003, 01:51 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan

Why was I expecting this from you Mizral? :p Noone on the Oilers roster is good enough, right?
Hey, I've been attempting to tone down.

However, Comrie & Salo are two of my LEAST favorite Oilers right now

If this deal had Jason Chimera, I would have been whining about giving him up. Problem is, people like to make trade proposals with all the guys I don't really like on the Oilers involved!

Old
11-03-2003, 03:35 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
Comrie = Lundmark, Lowe might be considering doing the deal straight up? come on man, even for you thats pretty bad.

If Lowe was considering this i guess he would likewise be considering his resignation speech at the same time cuz he would be relieving himself of his position at the same time...

Old
11-03-2003, 06:05 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

there is no chance that comrie will go in a 1 for 1 deal.

IMO Dunham is untouchable at this point, and why would Slats pay more for a less talented goalie in Salo. Anything can happen in New York though.

Old
11-04-2003, 02:23 AM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
you mean no chance to the rangers in a 1 for 1 but you would take a 1 for 1 if it were the right deal right?

Old
11-04-2003, 02:51 AM
Tidus

You really think Dunham is better than Salo?? I don't. If a deal goes down involving NYR and the Oil Blackburn better be coming our way.

Closed Thread