HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

BOG Meeting

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2006, 08:11 AM
Dougmustgo*

vCash: 500
BOG Meeting

Isn't it true that the AHL Board of Governors meeting is scheduled for 5/15/06? Anything big expected?? I heard they are supposed to approve Cavs owner Dan Gilberts purchase of a new AHL team for Cleveland in 2007-08.

Old
05-14-2006, 08:46 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougmustgo
Isn't it true that the AHL Board of Governors meeting is scheduled for 5/15/06? Anything big expected?? I heard they are supposed to approve Cavs owner Dan Gilberts purchase of a new AHL team for Cleveland in 2007-08.

No, why are the Calder Cup playoffs still in the second round----try June 15th, DMG

Old
05-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Dougmustgo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH
No, why are the Calder Cup playoffs still in the second round----try June 15th, DMG

Hey Curdinhutch or whatever you are called,

You have bad info again because Dan Gilbert is leaving town to attend the meeting tommorow. Also The Cleveland Plain Dealer had reported that the meeting is tommorow a while back...

Old
05-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Rumblick

Quote:

You have bad info again because Dan Gilbert is leaving town to attend the meeting tommorow. Also The Cleveland Plain Dealer had reported that the meeting is tommorow a while back...
BOG meetings aren't arranged around playoff games. After all, rarely will a GM be playing.

Old
05-14-2006, 02:53 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:

Apparently, DMG, you have bad info---the AHL meetings are normally announced via their newsletter, and usually is held in June and are held in South Carolina.

I should know as others do----the Plain Dealer is not truly a source and why would Gilbert leave when his primary team is still playing in the NBA PLAYOFFS.

2) We have had to wait to announce the schedule so that the Cleveland franchise, among several others have to arrange dates w/ arenas that they share w/ NBA franchises, fyi

Old
05-14-2006, 02:55 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dango
BOG meetings aren't arranged around playoff games. After all, rarely will a GM be playing.
Where does he come up with this,

Old
05-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Rumblick

Quote:
Where does he come up with this,
After 4,926 occasions where this question has been asked about him, I'm honored to be the first one he asks.

Old
05-14-2006, 03:02 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Focus, Chris. The topic is league meetings, not the league schedule. They are seperate entities.

Old
05-14-2006, 05:31 PM

Quote:
My notes show the next AHL BOG meeting as being on Tuesday, May 16, 2006.

Old
05-15-2006, 12:32 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
My notes show the next AHL BOG meeting as being on Tuesday, May 16, 2006.
How come u know this 210, the rest of us don't

Old
05-15-2006, 12:44 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH
Focus, Chris. The topic is league meetings, not the league schedule. They are seperate entities.
Well, apparently, DMG knows little about our setup, so if he is that serious, Hans, everyone has and does complain about who teams don't see, when the schedule is released the AHL DOESN'T announce BOG Meetings until after the fact unless it's known to the various print media, is my point here.

I just don't expect Gilbert TO attend a meeting involving his hockey interest, while his primary tenant is playing...

We're going to have to wait for Cleveland's hockey franchise to set dates if this team gets approval to begin with...

and by June, most of us know who's not taking the ice by the following year, if that hasn't been announced.

Old
05-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Clash*

Why would you have to wait for Cleveland game availability if they're not scheduled to begin play for 15 months? That means not playing next season.

Old
05-15-2006, 03:27 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Quote:
Well, apparently, DMG knows little about our setup, so if he is that serious, Hans, everyone has and does complain about who teams don't see, when the schedule is released the AHL DOESN'T announce BOG Meetings until after the fact unless it's known to the various print media, is my point here.

I just don't expect Gilbert TO attend a meeting involving his hockey interest, while his primary tenant is playing...

We're going to have to wait for Cleveland's hockey franchise to set dates if this team gets approval to begin with...

and by June, most of us know who's not taking the ice by the following year, if that hasn't been announced.
*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*

Old
05-15-2006, 03:58 PM

Quote:
How come u know this 210, the rest of us don't
It's public information.

Old
05-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Serena587

The fact is, it *was* announced in the Plain Dealer that the meeting was scheduled for 5/15/06. I'm sure Dave Andrews realized the playoffs would still be going on when the article was printed in the PD. Now it remains to be seen what will happen and when it will happen. By the way, how can anyone say that Cleveland's newspaper isn't really a source, especially when the Peoria Star Journal is held in such esteem?

Old
05-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Dougmustgo*

Meeting is today and Dan Gilbert and Len Komorski are there and expect approval by this afternoon

Old
05-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Timl2009

Quote:
Meeting is today and Dan Gilbert and Len Komorski are there and expect approval by this afternoon
Not that I don't believe you, but where did you get this information (That Gilbert and Komoroski are there?)

Old
05-16-2006, 11:47 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

I haven't seen this anywhere yet either.

Old
05-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Timl2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
I haven't seen this anywhere yet either.
Below is a link to the Plain Dealer article that talked about the BOG meeting being today (article was April 7)..No indications since then that it was changed

http://www.cleveland.com/search/inde...l?sxahl&coll=2

I believe that we will get approval today..just wonder where he gets the idea that for certain "they are there now" and "we will be approved by this afternoon"

Edit:The Springfield (Mass.) Republican has no indication about the BOG meeting there today but it may not be written up till tomorrow after it happens..BTW the Springfield paper's web presence masslive.com is set up exactly the the Plain Dealer's Cleveland.com..Which means they are co-owned..

Last edited by Timl2009: 05-16-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old
05-16-2006, 12:52 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timl2009
Below is a link to the Plain Dealer article that talked about the BOG meeting being today (article was April 7)..No indications since then that it was changed

http://www.cleveland.com/search/inde...l?sxahl&coll=2

I believe that we will get approval today..just wonder where he gets the idea that for certain "they are there now" and "we will be approved by this afternoon"

Edit:The Springfield (Mass.) Republican has no indication about the BOG meeting there today but it may not be written up till tomorrow after it happens..BTW the Springfield paper's web presence masslive.com is set up exactly the the Plain Dealer's Cleveland.com..Which means they are co-owned..
The AHL Insider newsletter also would've mentioned Gilbert but the Plain Dealer is wrapped up in Gilbert's Cavaliers win...

Old
05-16-2006, 12:54 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena587
The fact is, it *was* announced in the Plain Dealer that the meeting was scheduled for 5/15/06. I'm sure Dave Andrews realized the playoffs would still be going on when the article was printed in the PD. Now it remains to be seen what will happen and when it will happen. By the way, how can anyone say that Cleveland's newspaper isn't really a source, especially when the Peoria Star Journal is held in such esteem?
Peoria has been proven right before---especially when it crowed about acquiring the Worcester franchise, before it was completed and/or approved.

Old
05-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Jeanenne

From theahl.com:
AHL's Spring Meeting concludes

Old
05-16-2006, 04:46 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanenne
You beat me to the post, but thank you for posting it. Now maybe a certain someone ( )who was sooooo indignant that the BOG meeting wasn't until after the playoffs will, for a change, admit he was WRONG.

I think our "friend" has the BOG meeting confused (shocking as it may seem) with the league's Annual Meeting held June 26-29.

Old
05-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Rumblick

I noticed they didn't show Edmonton as a partial affiliate in Hamilton. Anyone know the status of that deal?

Old
05-16-2006, 05:31 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Sweet. It's official now for Cleveland. Just wish I didn't have to wait a year,but beggers can't be choosers. I'll take it!!

Closed Thread