HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Panthers' Player/Prospect Tracker"

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2005, 07:15 AM
Acadmus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick Alex
Should we resticky this for the upcoming season?
I think we should start a new one...this one's already 22 pages...and we no longer have a lot of these prospects

Old
08-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
I think we should start a new one...this one's already 22 pages...and we no longer have a lot of these prospects
Agreed, it's long and hard to find alot of things, if nobody sets up a new one, I will later tonight.

Old
08-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Crossbar

I don't mind one way or the other, I just think it's cool that we've kept the same thread going since November 2003.

Old
08-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Crossbar

Picked up on this juicy tidbit over on the prospects board......

Offensive Defenseman Jeff Caron has a tryout with Florida. (Story)
Hockey's Future profile
Another Story

6'3 Center Drew Larman of the Memorial Cup winning London Knights on tryout with Florida for the rookie tournament in Ottawa.

Old
08-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
Picked up on this juicy tidbit over on the prospects board......

Offensive Defenseman Jeff Caron has a tryout with Florida. (Story)
Hockey's Future profile
Another Story

6'3 Center Drew Larman of the Memorial Cup winning London Knights on tryout with Florida for the rookie tournament in Ottawa.
Did we draft these guys?
Wondering if signing a professional tryout contract invalidates Caron's NCAA eligibility...I guess not if he's done it. Still, with UVM entering Hockey East this year, I'll be happy not to have to root against another UVM prospect (I rooted against one at Dartmouth last season).

Larman seems like a long shot to ever make the team. He's underweight for that size body, and at his age one wonders how long he'll take to fill it out. He also doesn't seem to put up many points at the junior level, so putting up many in the NHL seems unlikely.

Overall, I wouldn't get too attached to these prospects except possible bodies for the as-yet mythological Orlando affiliate next season.

EDIT: Oops...still, thanks for the good work, Crossbar

Old
08-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Crossbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
Did we draft these guys?
Wondering if signing a professional tryout contract invalidates Caron's NCAA eligibility...I guess not if he's done it. Still, with UVM entering Hockey East this year, I'll be happy not to have to root against another UVM prospect (I rooted against one at Dartmouth last season).

Larman seems like a long shot to ever make the team. He's underweight for that size body, and at his age one wonders how long he'll take to fill it out. He also doesn't seem to put up many points at the junior level, so putting up many in the NHL seems unlikely.

Overall, I wouldn't get too attached to these prospects except possible bodies for the as-yet mythological Orlando affiliate next season.

EDIT: Oops...still, thanks for the good work, Crossbar
No prob Acadmus and I agree, these guys are probably going to just be (future AHL) fill-ins, probably specifically for the rookie tourney in Ottawa like we did with the "Making the Cut" guys (unless they surprise and earn themselves a pro contract from us, for the ECHL or something).

Speaking of the guys from Making the Cut......

Transfer: Lou Dickenson (F) From Laredo Bucks (CHL) to SV Caldaro (Italy)

Old
08-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Crossbar

http://www.phoenixcoyotes.com/news/s...etails&ID=4227

Looks like former Panther prospect John Hecimovic and former Laredo/Rampage tough guy Mike Amodeo, will be trying to impress the Coyotes for a spot with San Antonio.

Wonder what happened between Hecimovic and the Panthers? I have a feeling Keenan let him go because of Mississauga coach Greg Gilbert. Gilbert was a former Keenan player and I believe Mike, at one time, employed Gilbert to coach the Blues AHL farm team. If Keenan still holds him in high regard, then perhaps Gilbert's comments during the playoffs, the shoulder injury he suffered in a fight vs. Stortini and perhaps even that little suspension for breaking curfew with Patrick O'Sullivan and Daniel Carcillo, doomed John of any chance of getting a pro contract with us? It's a shame, Hecko was certainly one of the top 3 fighters in the OHL, and in the OHL coaches poll, they voted him (tied) for 3rd best shot in the OHL's Eastern Conference......best of luck Hecko!

Old
08-20-2005, 05:09 PM
sting_fan

Quote:
http://www.phoenixcoyotes.com/news/s...etails&ID=4227

Looks like former Panther prospect John Hecimovic and former Laredo/Rampage tough guy Mike Amodeo, will be trying to impress the Coyotes for a spot with San Antonio.

Wonder what happened between Hecimovic and the Panthers? I have a feeling Keenan let him go because of Mississauga coach Greg Gilbert. Gilbert was a former Keenan player and I believe Mike, at one time, employed Gilbert to coach the Blues AHL farm team. If Keenan still holds him in high regard, then perhaps Gilbert's comments during the playoffs, the shoulder injury he suffered in a fight vs. Stortini and perhaps even that little suspension for breaking curfew with Patrick O'Sullivan and Daniel Carcillo, doomed John of any chance of getting a pro contract with us? It's a shame, Hecko was certainly one of the top 3 fighters in the OHL, and in the OHL coaches poll, they voted him (tied) for 3rd best shot in the OHL's Eastern Conference......best of luck Hecko!
I was not at all surprised by the Panthers decision to not keep Hecimovic. It was quite obvious that he didn't possess the skill set that would transcend to the NHL game.

Old
08-25-2005, 01:33 AM
Crossbar

Wednesday preseason stats/results......

Canadian Hockey League
==================================================
Legault - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 4 PIM, 1 SOG, 2 Given-Hits, (6-1 loss vs. Saint John)
----------------------------------------------------------------

Old
08-25-2005, 01:41 AM
Heimy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting_fan
I was not at all surprised by the Panthers decision to not keep Hecimovic. It was quite obvious that he didn't possess the skill set that would transcend to the NHL game.

Admittedly I only saw him in rookie camp but I thought he had some value Stinger. Big body, decent hands and seemed to like playing in traffic, especially in front of the net. I figured his injuries were the reason he wasn't retained. In your opinion which skills did he lack?

Old
08-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Crossbar

Transfer: Mikael Vuorio (G) From Lukko Rauma to Kiekko-Vantaa (try-out).

http://www.echl.com/cgi-bin/mpublic....&cat=1&id=5237

Quote:
The Nashville Predators announced that they have signed former Wheeling defenseman T.J. Reynolds to an American Hockey League contract.

Last edited by Crossbar: 08-25-2005 at 07:58 PM. Reason: T.J. Reynolds signing
Old
08-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Mogo
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 814
Quote:
Transfer: Mikael Vuorio (G) From Lukko Rauma to Kiekko-Vantaa (try-out).
What?! That'd be cool.. Hope he sticks. I can see the "Arena" Kiekko-Vantaa plays in from my window. I'd seriously have to consider going my first game back since my injury (8 years ago)

Old
08-26-2005, 05:41 AM
Crossbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo
What?! That'd be cool.. Hope he sticks. I can see the "Arena" Kiekko-Vantaa plays in from my window. I'd seriously have to consider going my first game back since my injury (8 years ago)
If Mikael stays Panther property, some scouting reports would be great Mogo!

Found another Panther Free Agent try-out (Evan Schafer's Raiders captain) defenseman Luke Fritshaw......

http://www.raiderhockey.com/pages/ar...chedule_pr.php
Quote:
2004-05 Raider Team Captain Luke Fritshaw has received a Free Agent Try Out from the Florida Panthers of the National Hockey League. Fritshaw, who completed his WHL career playing all of his games in a Raider uniform, is looking to sign a professional contract for the 05-06 campaign.
Quote:
“Luke is a big, tough, strong defenseman with a good shot”, said IceDogs Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations, Malcolm Cameron. “He had a career season last year in the WHL. He’s got good character, he’s a good leader, and gives us additional size and toughness on the back line.”
Here are Luke's Player Profile, Stats and HF Profile.

IceDogs add Michael Woodford
Quote:
“Michael is a real honest, hard working, hard nosed player from a very successful Division One program”, said Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations, Malcolm Cameron. “He’s well respected by his teammates and we’re really excited to have a hard working player like him on our team.”

“I’ve heard great things about Long Beach and head coach Malcolm Cameron”, said Woodford. “I think the team next season will build off the success of last year and that Ice Dogs fans are going to get to see great offense, defense, and goaltending.”

Old
09-03-2005, 07:34 AM
Crossbar

Thursday's preseason stats/results......

Canadian Hockey League
==================================================
Legault - 0g-0a-0pts, even-0, 0 PIM, 2 SOG, 4 Given-Hits, (3-0 loss vs. Acadie-Bathurst)
----------------------------------------------------------------

Old
09-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Clash*

Beaudoin heads to Newcastle for a Brown Ale...
Quote:
The Mobilx Newcastle Vipers are delighted to announce the capture of former NHL forward, Eric Beaudoin. The Ottawa native joins the Mobilx Vipers having spent last season split between the San Antonio Rampage and the Edmonton Roadrunners of the American Hockey League.

Mobilx Vipers player-coach Rob Wilson commented: "Andre (Payette) knew we were looking for either a winger or a centreman for the first line, and he put us in contact with Eric. As an organisation we are delighted we could secure a signing of this calibre and believe he will turn out to be a very important addition to the Mobilx Vipers. Eric has agreed an open ended contract, he could be here for a week, or a month, or even the rest of the season - at the moment we just don't know. He is hoping there will be an offer from an NHL club, however if that doesn't materialise we would be more than happy to accommodate him for the full season in Newcastle".
My thanks go out to the San Antonio fan forum for this.

Old
09-07-2005, 07:12 AM
Mogo
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 814
Kiekko-Vantaa have just signed Mikael Vuorio.

Closed Thread