HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Panthers' Player/Prospect Tracker"

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2004, 09:39 PM
MHJS

vCash: 500
Dave Shantz won his first game of the year against Kingston 4-1 tonight. I was talking to him after (my friend talks to him on the net alot, so we met him tonight), and he seems like a pretty good guy. He said he doesn't expect to be in the NHL for about 6 years though, which is understandable. Played very well tonight though, even through the massive amounts of fog.

Oh, Stewart played horrible. Fanned on a 2 on 1 shot, missed a breakaway as well. His defensive game was quite good though.

I'll keep you guys updated on Stewart's progress throughout the year, as I go to Fronts games each Friday night.

Old
09-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHJS
Dave Shantz won his first game of the year against Kingston 4-1 tonight. I was talking to him after (my friend talks to him on the net alot, so we met him tonight), and he seems like a pretty good guy. He said he doesn't expect to be in the NHL for about 6 years though, which is understandable. Played very well tonight though, even through the massive amounts of fog.

Oh, Stewart played horrible. Fanned on a 2 on 1 shot, missed a breakaway as well. His defensive game was quite good though.

I'll keep you guys updated on Stewart's progress throughout the year, as I go to Fronts games each Friday night.
Thanks on the update, keep them coming.

Old
09-25-2004, 07:03 AM
Crossbar

If anyone knows or can find out, I was wondering why did we send John Hecimovic back to his OHL team instead of sending him straight to San Antonio??? He is an overager as he has completed 4 seasons of Juniors (all in Sarnia) so he is certainly eligible to play in the AHL, for as long as the Lockout remains is it too late for him to play for the Rampage since the OHL season started or did he just play bad during the Panther Rookie Developement Camp that they decided to let him stay in Juniors another season to continue developing and being 1 of his team's top players??

Anyway Hecimovic scored all of Sarnia's (2) goals in their season opener winning 2-1 against Plymouth, he was named 2nd star of the game.
http://www.sarniasting.com/news.asp?storyid=236

I like your depth chart Rich. IMO Serge Payer will definitely get a spot down the middle above the 2 Augusta ECHLers Jacina and Kelman.

Thanks for the update MHJS.

Old
09-25-2004, 07:20 AM
Thewbacca

Send a message via AIM to Thewbacca Send a message via MSN to Thewbacca
Where is Vaclav Nederost? Is he playing over in europe? We need to track him. I'm hoping Olson does well this year. He's a monster.

Old
09-25-2004, 07:21 AM
Clash*

[QUOTE=Crossbar]If anyone knows or can find out, I was wondering why did we send John Hecimovic back to his OHL team instead of sending him straight to San Antonio??? He is an overager as he has completed 4 seasons of Juniors (all in Sarnia) so he is certainly eligible to play in the AHL, for as long as the Lockout remains is it too late for him to play for the Rampage since the OHL season started or did he just play bad during the Panther Rookie Developement Camp that they decided to let him stay in Juniors another season to continue developing and being 1 of his team's top players?? 0/QUOTE]
Don't believe he ever was signed to a contract. He had to be signed before midnight of the 15/16th.

Old
09-25-2004, 08:20 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
I like your depth chart Rich. IMO Serge Payer will definitely get a spot down the middle above the 2 Augusta ECHLers Jacina and Kelman.
You're 100% right...I completely missed Payer. And I was thinking that there was someone I was missing for the 4th line center spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewselius
Where is Vaclav Nederost? Is he playing over in europe? We need to track him. I'm hoping Olson does well this year. He's a monster.
Nedorost is playing for Liberec in the Czech Republic during the lockout. The Czech language isn't as easy to figure out as Swedish or Finnish IMO so good luck trying to keep track of him. And Olson doesn't play like a monster which has always been a sticking point with me...he's got good scoring abilities and great size to play physically but never combines the 2 for extended periods of time. He's a bit streaky too with his goal scoring...he actually reminds me of a larger version of Huselius to tell you the truth.

Old
09-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Manny71

[QUOTE=Crossbar]If anyone knows or can find out, I was wondering why did we send John Hecimovic back to his OHL team instead of sending him straight to San Antonio??? He is an overager as he has completed 4 seasons of Juniors (all in Sarnia) so he is certainly eligible to play in the AHL, for as long as the Lockout remains is it too late for him to play for the Rampage since the OHL season started or did he just play bad during the Panther Rookie Developement Camp that they decided to let him stay in Juniors another season to continue developing and being 1 of his team's top players?? 0/QUOTE]

Hecimovic came third in scoring at the Prospects Tournament in Montreal. I figured he would hae been sent straight to SA, as well.

Globke 2g 2a 4pts
Meyer 2g 1a 3pts
Kreps 1g 2a 3pts
Hecimovic 1g 2a 3pts
Roussin 1g 1a 2pts
Stewart 0g 1a 1pt
Tuma 1g 0a 1pt
Lojek 0g 0a 0pts
Schafer 0g 0a 0pts

Seems he will be a huge enforcer in the juniors this year.

Old
09-27-2004, 02:51 AM
Crossbar

More stats...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/h...ports-panthers

Quote:
Olli Jokinen, Kloten (Swiss League): 3 goals in 4 games
Niklas Hagman, Davos (Swiss League): 1 goal, 2 points in 4 games; team is 1-2-1
Kristian Huselius, Linkoping (Swedish League): 1 assist in 2 games; team is 1-0-1
Christian Berglund, Farjestad (Swedish League): 2 goals, 3 points in 2 games; team is 1-1
Vaclav Nedorost, Liberec (Czech League): 2 goals in 4 games
Branislav Mezei, Trinec (Czech League): 0 points in 1 game

Found this article about Brent Cullaton that gives a little info about him if anyone is interested. http://laredobucks.com/news/?id=6236

Also this is sort of semi-Panthers related, but I was interested in reading what the HF members on the Wild board were discussing about with Brent Burns getting signed for the AHL (since it relates to Horton playing in the AHL instead of Juniors) and saw a link to the Aeros training camp roster who also happen to be affiliated with the Dallas Stars, and what do you know.....goalie Robert Gherson, who just finished playing for the Panthers in the Rookie Tourney, is listed on the Houston Aeros roster! Guess who the Rampage's first pre-season opponent is against? Yup, the Houston Aeros! Wonder if Gherson will get a chance to play against San Antonio?

Last edited by Crossbar: 09-27-2004 at 04:40 AM.
Old
09-27-2004, 07:21 AM
LetsGoPanthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPanther
You're 100% right...I completely missed Payer. And I was thinking that there was someone I was missing for the 4th line center spot.

Nedorost is playing for Liberec in the Czech Republic during the lockout. The Czech language isn't as easy to figure out as Swedish or Finnish IMO so good luck trying to keep track of him. And Olson doesn't play like a monster which has always been a sticking point with me...he's got good scoring abilities and great size to play physically but never combines the 2 for extended periods of time. He's a bit streaky too with his goal scoring...he actually reminds me of a larger version of Huselius to tell you the truth.
Rich, and others , try this for Czech League stats;

http://www.hokej.cz/?view=stats_vyhl...&ids=284&idk=8

That's for the top scorers, for team info click the team you want and then press Vyhledat.

Old
09-27-2004, 01:15 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoPanthers
Rich, and others , try this for Czech League stats;

http://www.hokej.cz/?view=stats_vyhl...&ids=284&idk=8

That's for the top scorers, for team info click the team you want and then press Vyhledat.
Oh trust me, I can navigate that site quite well but I was just giving a heads up to everyone else (as it took me a while to figure out where I wanted to go and what everything meant). Last season I was trying to keep track of a few FL prospects & soon-to-be draftees (particularly Schwarz, Olesz & Smid seeing as how they were projected 1st rounders).

Old
09-28-2004, 05:49 PM
LetsGoPanthers

Quote:
Oh trust me, I can navigate that site quite well but I was just giving a heads up to everyone else (as it took me a while to figure out where I wanted to go and what everything meant). Last season I was trying to keep track of a few FL prospects & soon-to-be draftees (particularly Schwarz, Olesz & Smid seeing as how they were projected 1st rounders).
Well, then I guess "the others" that I mentioned can use it...

Didn't mean to offend you in any way, oh trust me...

Old
09-29-2004, 07:39 AM
bromeo76

Jacina will surprise, he looked in fantastic shape and seemed to be playing the best hockey I had seen before he left for San Antonio last week. I'd Imagine it would be hard for ludzy and co. to dismiss him that easily this year.

Old
09-29-2004, 11:22 AM
randy1

Quote:
If anyone knows or can find out, I was wondering why did we send John Hecimovic back to his OHL team instead of sending him straight to San Antonio??? He is an overager as he has completed 4 seasons of Juniors (all in Sarnia) so he is certainly eligible to play in the AHL, for as long as the Lockout remains is it too late for him to play for the Rampage since the OHL season started or did he just play bad during the Panther Rookie Developement Camp that they decided to let him stay in Juniors another season to continue developing and being 1 of his team's top players??

Anyway Hecimovic scored all of Sarnia's (2) goals in their season opener winning 2-1 against Plymouth, he was named 2nd star of the game.
http://www.sarniasting.com/news.asp?storyid=236
Im a fan of Hec's game and was disappointed he isn't in SA this year. But it seems to be a numbers game and Hec will hopefully sign with Florida by next Spring. With Globke, Horton, Jones and Healey playing RW in SA, perhaps it's better for him to polish his game in the OHL than the ECHL.

I do know that John's shot is harder/heavier than 99% of the current NHLers and he outplayed Stewart in Pierrefonds.

He compares more to Cam Neely than anyone i've ever watched; and is much more of a power forward than ANY of the other Cats prospects. Hopefully another year of hard work will get him signed.

Old
09-29-2004, 05:48 PM
Thewbacca

Send a message via AIM to Thewbacca Send a message via MSN to Thewbacca
randy, how does Hecimovic's speed compare with Stewart's? I like both but I don't believe they are going to be able to fill the ideal 2nd liner mold. Stewart needs to work on his finishing skills, I'm constantly hearing how he fans on his shots. We all know where speed and no finishing skill gets you--Novoseltsev.

Old
09-29-2004, 10:48 PM
randy1

Thewselius,

Stewart is a faster skater. Hec has better hands, a harder shot and is much tougher along the boards, and in fisticuffs.

Old
09-30-2004, 02:32 AM
Crossbar

Saw this over on the trade rumors board...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudel
Olli Jokinen will play his last game for Kloten this Saturday and then will leave for Florida for a month. And after that he will play for a swedish team (rumor is Södertalje!).

Old
09-30-2004, 07:46 AM
LetsGoPanthers

Quote:
Saw this over on the trade rumors board...
Jokinen signed with Sodertalje in the Swedish Elite League this morning.
He can't play there until the Swedish transfer window opens again after the Karjala Cup in November...

"Our best signing ever" - Mats Hallin, GM.

Old
10-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Crossbar

Ok I'll try and keep up with this (maybe weekly?) as best I can, but its pretty hard to stay updated with all our players and prospects scattered everywhere across the globe. Staying updated with the Rampage players once the AHL season starts again and all the Junior players in the Canadian Hockey League is a breeze, but the rest are sometimes a little tough to hunt down (how the heck were you able to keep up with this regularly on your site Rich? )

European Player Stats

RW - Denis Shvidki - RSL (Yaroslavl Lokomotiv): 12GP, (2G-2A-4PTS), 6 PIMS

D - Alexander Karpovtsev - RSL (Novosibirsk Siber): 4GP, (0G-1A-1PT), 12 PIMS

C - Olli Jokinen - Swiss Nationalliga A (ECH Kloten Flyers): 4GP - 3goals

LW - Niklas Hagman - Swiss Nationalliga A (HC Davos AG): 5GP, (1G-1A-2PTS), 4 PIMS, 0 PPG, 0 SHG, 0 GWG, 0 GTG

LW - Kristian Huselius - SEL (HC Linkopings): 3GP, (2G-3A-5PTS), 2 PIMS

C - Christian Berglund - SEL (Farjestad BK Karlstad): 3GP, (2G-1A-3PTS), 0 PIMS

C - Vaclav Nedorost - CZE Extraliga (HC Liberec Bili Tygri): 6GP, (2G-1A-3PTS) +7 +/-, 4 PIMS

D - Branislav Mezei - CZE Extraliga (HC Trinec Ocelari): 3GP, (0G-0A-0PTS), 0-even +/-, 4 PIMS

Panther Prospect Stats

2004 Class:

C - Rostislav Olesz - CZE Extraliga (HC Sparta Praha): 6GP, (1G-1A-2PT), -1 +/-, 0 PIMS

G - David Shantz - OHL (Mississauga IceDogs): 2GP, 121 MINS, 3 GA, 0 SO, 1.49 Avg, 1Win-1Loss-0Ties, 56 SA, 53 SVS, 0.946 SV%

LW - David Booth - NCAA (Michigan State University): NA

D - Evan Schafer - WHL (Prince Albert Raiders): 3GP, (0G-1A-1PT), -1 +/-, 2 PIMS, 0 PPG, 0 SHG, 0.33 Pts-Per-Gm, 0.67 PIMS-Per-Gm

D - Bret Nasby - OHL (Oshawa Generals): 3GP (0G-0A-0PTS), -2 +/-, 2 PIMS, 0 PPG, 0 SHG, 0.00 , 0.67 PIMS-Per-Gm

D - Spencer Dillon - USHL (Green Bay Gamblers): 1GP, (0G-0A-0PTS), -2 +/-, 0 PIMS, 0 PPG, 0 SHG, 0 GWG, 0 SHOTS, .000 PCT

D - Luke Beaverson - NCAA (University of Alaska Anchorage): NA

2003 Class:

RW - Anthony Stewart - OHL (Kingston Frontenacs): 2GP, (1G-0A-1PT), 0-even +/-, 2 PIMS

C - Stefan Meyer - WHL (Medicine Hat Tigers): 2GP, (1G-0A-1PT), 0.50 AP\PG, 9 PIMS, 1 PPG, 0 PPA, 0 SHG, 0-even +/-

D - Martin Lojek - OHL (Brampton Battalion): 3GP, (1G-0A-1PT), +3 +/-, 6 PIMS, 0 PPG, 0 SHG, 0.33 Pts-Per-Gm, 2.00 PIMS-Per-Gm

D - James Pemberton - NCAA (Providence College): NA

RW - Dan Travis - NCAA (University of New Hampshire): NA

D - Martin Tuma - OHL (Sault-Ste. Marie Greyhounds): 2GP, (1G-0A-1PT), +1 +/-, 2 PIMS, 0 PPG, 0 SHG, 0.50 Pts-Per-Gm, 1.00 PIMS-Per-Gm

C - Denis Stasyuk - ???: (last team played for = Novokuznetsk Metallurg)

D - Drew Bagnall - NCAA (St. Lawrence): NA

C - Dany Roussin - QMJHL (Rimouski Oceanic): 6GP, (7G-4A-11PTS), 4 PIMS, +5 +/-, 3 PPG, 0 SHG, 1 WG, 0 TG, 17 Shots, 41.2 SH%, 43 faceoffs, 46.50 WF%, 3 Given Hits (Roussin is tied for 3rd overall in QMJHL scoring)

RW - John Hecimovic - OHL (Sarnia Sting): 2GP, (2G-0A-2PTS), +1 +/-, 0 PIMS

LW - Tanner Glass - NCAA (Darthmouth College): NA

2002 Class:

D - Topi Jaakola - SM-Liiga (Karpat): 6GP, (0G-3A-3PTS), +4 +/-, 0 PIMS

C - Vince Bellissimo - NCCA (Western Michigan Univerity): NA

G - Mikael Vuorio - SM-Liiga (Lukko): 7GP, 4 Wins, 3 Losses (??)

RW - Denis Yachmenev - ???: (last team played for = Amur Tigers Khabarovsk)

D - Peter Hafner - NCAA (Harvard University): NA

Old
10-01-2004, 09:57 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Good work Cross. Thanks for the update.

Old
10-01-2004, 12:33 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Ok I'll try and keep up with this (maybe weekly?) as best I can, but its pretty hard to stay updated with all our players and prospects scattered everywhere across the globe. Staying updated with the Rampage players once the AHL season starts again and all the Junior players in the Canadian Hockey League is a breeze, but the rest are sometimes a little tough to hunt down (how the heck were you able to keep up with this regularly on your site Rich? )
Trust me its not as easy as it looked. But I taught myself enough Swedish, Finnish, German, and Czech so I could navigate some of the sites I found. The Russians are usually a bit harder to find and almost impossible to read Cryllic (sp?) for me. College hockey generally doesn't start up for a while so most of those players you won't have to worry about. It just took me time to go to all the individual sites I visited and time to compile them into a database. Good luck trying to keep it up weekly but I'm surprised this still hasn't been re-stickied yet.

Old
10-01-2004, 01:40 PM
Acadmus
retired mod

Quote:
Trust me its not as easy as it looked. But I taught myself enough Swedish, Finnish, German, and Czech so I could navigate some of the sites I found. The Russians are usually a bit harder to find and almost impossible to read Cryllic (sp?) for me. College hockey generally doesn't start up for a while so most of those players you won't have to worry about. It just took me time to go to all the individual sites I visited and time to compile them into a database. Good luck trying to keep it up weekly but I'm surprised this still hasn't been re-stickied yet.
Maybe this will help:
What looks like 'C' is S
What looks like a backwards R is 'ya'
What looks like T, K, O, and A are the same as in English
What looks like a lower-case 'r' is a hard 'G'
The backwards 'N', without any marks above it, is 'EE'
'Y' is 'oo'
What resembles the greek letter Pi is P
What looks like the Greek iota is F
What looks like an O with a sideways T attached is 'yoo'
What looks like a U with a crooked tail is 'tse'
What looks like a W is 'sh', with a tail it's 'shsh' - I think, we're into letters I'm less sure of.
What looks like a kind of backwards 'y' is 'ch'
An 'e' is 'ye'
a backwards N with two dots over it is 'yo'
What looks like an X with a line down the middle is 'zh'
What looks like an X is a harsh throaty sound like an h. Try to imagine gathering up saliva to spit
What appears to be 'H' is 'N'
What appears to be upper case 'B' is 'V'
but a lower case 'b' (with a top-tail) is, in fact, b.
oh, yeah - what looks like Greek lambda is L

That's at least most of the cyrillic alphabet - now you can at least pronounce the words on Russian sites

Last edited by Acadmus: 10-01-2004 at 01:43 PM.
Old
10-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Crossbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
Good work Cross. Thanks for the update.
Thanks Luongofan.

Quote:
Yeah, I had a hard time trying to find Denis Yachmenev and Denis Stasyuk because a lot of NHL players are playing in their Russian league now (are those 2 still in the Panthers organization?). Mikael Vuorio was tough to find too (his first name is incorrect on the HF Panthers page so that didn't help ) and Luke Beaverson went from playing in USHL with the Green Bay Gamblers (I got lucky and ran into Spencer Dillon's name when I was searching for Luke on Green Bay's official site! ), to the NCAA where he verbally committed himself to North Dakota, to finally ending up playing in University of Alaska Anchorage instead (very limited news about Beaverson).

BTW everybody, tonight is San Antonio's first preseason game (Houston Aeros are their opponent) and this is what happened throughout the Rampage's training camp for anyone interested...

http://www.sarampage.com/trainingcamp_041001.shtml

Quote:
San Antonio has played five scrimmages with the white squad taking the series from the blue squad 4-1. White has won the games by scores of 4-2, 4-1, 1-5, 6-5 in a shootout win, and 5-4 on Thursday. Campbell, Jardine, Bouwmeester and rookie Mark Wires have led the week in scoring with five points each. Healey leads the squad with four goals while Bouwmeester and Novak have a team high three assists each.

Rookies Kamil Kreps and Lou Dickenson have been impressive with four points (3-1-4) and three points (2-1-3) respectively.

Head Coach Steve Ludzik has been pleasantly surprised by the play of Dickenson and goaltender Phil Osaer. Ludzik also noted that the hard work the team is putting in now will enable, “a very young team to grow and move from B+ players to A players and help A players to become A+ players.”

Old
10-02-2004, 04:30 AM
Crossbar

Blah the Rampage's official site is always so slow at updating Gameday results, and the AHL's official site didn't put in a boxscore for the final game which just happened to be ours. Luckily, Houston's website is on the ball... Rampage win 4-3! I'll just paste the important stuff that talk about the Rampage, click the link below for the full recap if you're interested in what the Aeros did.

http://www.aeros.com/team/news/?id=5415

Quote:
Rob Globke scored with six seconds left in regulation on San Antonio’s second five-minute power play of the third period, as the Rampage rallied from three goals down for a 4-3 win over the Houston Aeros at The Ice Center at Northwoods.

Lou Dickenson, Gregory Campbell and Ryan Jardine also scored for San Antonio.

Houston went on top 3-0 early in the third on the power play. Erik Reitz, at the left point, had his shot blocked in front, but Bararuk (buh-ROOK) peppered the rebound by Scott at the 1:16 mark.

San Antonio started to make a game of it with 4:21 left in the second on Dickenson’s shorthanded goal from the lower left circle. The tally came against rookie Robert Gherson.

Campbell made it 3-2 with 1:27 gone in the third when he tapped a loose puck off the edge of the goal line and into the empty net. After Houston killed off a five-minute elbowing major to David Morisset, Jardine crashed the net and scored the game-tying goal with 7:42 remaining.

With a thick fog developing and Jordan Krestanovich serving a five-minute high-sticking penalty, Globke threw a loose puck from along the left boards on net, and it eluded Gherson. Globke is a rookie from Notre Dame.

The Aeros were outshot 16-2 in the third period. Houston was 1-for-10 on the power play, while San Antonio finished 1-for-9.
Looks like Robert Gherson didn't play to well for the Aeros, didn't seem like he played well for the Panthers in the rookie tourney either. David Morisset is on a try-out contract with the Aeros. Rematch against Houston tommorow night!

P.S. - Don't forget these are preseason games.

Old
10-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Crossbar

Rampage lose 4-1 in rematch vs Houston, Josh Olson with the lone goal assisted by Petr Taticek and Rob Globke, Patrick DesRochers stops 20 out of 21 shots, and new comer Phil Osaer stopping 15 out of 18 shots. No Bouwmeester or Weiss in the San Antonio lineup.

Game recap
Boxscore

Old
10-02-2004, 10:44 PM
Clash*

Quote:
No Bouwmeester or Weiss in the San Antonio lineup.
Line-up looks like one where they were lookin for the answers to questions, as opposed to gettin the answers they already had again. Translation: They're lookin to see where a lot of the "other" guys fit in with the team and the organization (Florida) overall for this comin season, whether it be San Antonio, Beaumont, or Laredo.

Closed Thread