HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Should the Habs send Audette to Hamilton?

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2003, 10:49 AM
Slick Nick

vCash: 500
Should the Habs send Audette to Hamilton?

Donald Audette has only scored once this season. The goal was a gift from Sebastien Charpentier, and wouldn't have passed thru Kolzig. Last year, Audette scored 11 goals, playing most of the year on the first line and getting a lot of powerplay time.

Personnally, I would send him down to Hamilton and try out Perezhogin or Plekanec.

I would like to have your oppinion on the 3 million $ man.

Old
11-02-2003, 10:55 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick
Donald Audette has only scored once this season. The goal was a gift from Sebastien Charpentier, and wouldn't have passed thru Kolzig. Last year, Audette scored 11 goals, playing most of the year on the first line and getting a lot of powerplay time.

Personnally, I would send him down to Hamilton and try out Perezhogin or Plekanec.

Without a doubt this guy has been, pun intended, a dissappointment... he gets lots of PP time and quality linemates... The injury to his wrist must be a big part of no longer possessing any kind of shot, but he's got to find his game and bring something else to the table, and he just can't seem to do it. This is BG's biggest challenge, what to do with Claudette???

Old
11-02-2003, 10:58 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Give a chance to Audette and give some time to Perezhogin in the AHL and swap them at Christmas.

When I say give a chance to Audette, it's because the hole team have some scoring problem.

And when I say give some time to Perez, it's because he's just starting to produce in the AHL.

Old
11-02-2003, 10:59 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:

As much as I'd like to see a youngin get some NHL icetime, i'd have to say leave Audette where he is. If you send him down, you destroy his confidence, and then there isn't a prayer in hell of trading him.

Old
11-02-2003, 11:27 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic
If you send him down, you destroy his confidence, and then there isn't a prayer in hell of trading him.
Well I'll say that there's probably already no chance in hell of trading him... ever... considering he cleared waivers... And isn't looking sharp at all once again... This confidence/trading factor should therefore IMO not be put into the equation.

Old
11-02-2003, 11:34 AM
Habber

No way we send him down to Hamilton.

I think we have to give him a while longer to prove himself, but if he still isn't producing by Christmas, we buy him out and say goodbye forever.

Sending him to Hamilton just takes away icetime from our prospects. If he can't stay up with the Habs, then it's obvious he has no future with the club whatsoever and sending him down serves no purpose.

Old
11-02-2003, 11:54 AM
Howie Morenz

He brings zilch to the team. I can't seriously think of a single thing. He doesn't have any leadership skills(it's common knowledge he's a whiner)he's too small(gets knocked off the puck so easily)he's a defensive liability and slow for a small player. And playing quality minutes on the top 2 lines.

Old
11-02-2003, 12:45 PM
FF de Mars

Buy him out, buy him out, buy him out.

Guys, it's obvious, we are stucked with him. Wether in the NHL or the NHL, he's a waste of roster and of of icetime. There is no way any team will ever add him to their roster, wheter it is by trade or waivers. The only alternative left is to buy him out. I'm at a point where I'd rather have Kilger playing on the 1st or 2nd line than Audette, which tells a lot about how I feel about Donaldette.

BUY THE SMURF HIS WAY OUT! B.G. LISTEN TO ME, buy him out!

Old
11-02-2003, 12:59 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Give a chance to Audette and give some time to Perezhogin in the AHL and swap them at Christmas.

When I say give a chance to Audette, it's because the hole team have some scoring problem.

And when I say give some time to Perez, it's because he's just starting to produce in the AHL.
We gave him 66 games to prove himself. He played with the best players, and on the powerplay. He answerd with 12 goals. He isin't only not producing, he's also a danger for the team since he is really bad in defence.

He was -7 last year, and this far this season he is the worst forward with -4.

I would defently send Audette in Hamilton. Give Perezhogin a chance, look at the other teams Koltsov, Chistov, Semin, Frolov, Datsyuk etc, all these players are from the same mold.

Try Plekanec on the wing.
Put Bulis on the second line, Sundstrom on the cheking line...

Do something, but get rid of Audette please!

Old
11-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 309
No way . In the press box or in the ECHL just to piss him off so he'll leave by himself .

Old
11-02-2003, 01:29 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Unfortunately, we can't buy Audette out. In the NHL Rulebook it states that a buyout may not take place during the season. Bob missed his oppurtunity.

I think that if we are going to move him, it will be a similiar situation as the one that landed him in Montreal. We will see Gainey win the trade hands down, even though we will receive an underachieving, overpayed player in the process.

Old
11-02-2003, 01:31 PM
FF de Mars

Echl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
No way . In the press box or in the ECHL just to piss him off so he'll leave by himself .
The ECHL would be a good idea, so that he would be forced to retire. We could also lend him to a Europeen league. Maybe he could produce there.

Old
11-02-2003, 02:25 PM
The n00b King ©*

You guys wanna know something funny?? Well remember when Audette was with the stars? Guess who was GM back then? yup. Bob Gainey. Poor guy, he shipped Audettes ass out of Dallas, to come back and have him on his team AGAIN!!!..aaah...there's just no way to be rid of him...poor BG...

Old
11-02-2003, 02:42 PM
Patty Roy

Buy him out or send him down...whatever you do, get him out of Montreal.

Old
11-02-2003, 02:46 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy
Buy him out or send him down...whatever you do, get him out of Montreal.
I never thought I'd agree with such a comment, but now I do. Get him the freaking hell out of Montreal, please.

Old
11-02-2003, 03:09 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
You guys wanna know something funny?? Well remember when Audette was with the stars? Guess who was GM back then? yup. Bob Gainey. Poor guy, he shipped Audettes ass out of Dallas, to come back and have him on his team AGAIN!!!..aaah...there's just no way to be rid of him...poor BG...
Wasn't BG the one who gave Audette that albatross contract?

Old
11-02-2003, 03:19 PM
Cosanostra

He's not the only guy that's not too impressive so far. Marcel Hossa is also a big-time deception. He should also be sent down. 1 goal and 1 assist, playing with Ribeiro and Zednik is pathetic. I really don't understand what some people see in him. He doesn't have a scoring touch, nor does he have a good vision of the play. IMO I don't think he'll ever amount to much.

Send both of them down. 12 games is plenty to prove what you got. Get Pleks up and see what happens. 2 goals in 4 games....can't do any worse.

Old
11-02-2003, 03:20 PM
CHareth

Quote:

I'd wait. I'd first want to give him yet another chance to prove himself - maybe a lot of PP time with Koivu to see whether the scoring touch is still there. If indeed he has truly lost it, then I say start 2004 with a rookie.

Old
11-02-2003, 03:26 PM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosanostra
He's not the only guy that's not too impressive so far. Marcel Hossa is also a big-time deception. He should also be sent down. 1 goal and 1 assist, playing with Ribeiro and Zednik is pathetic. I really don't understand what some people see in him. He doesn't have a scoring touch, nor does he have a good vision of the play. IMO I don't think he'll ever amount to much.

Send both of them down. 12 games is plenty to prove what you got. Get Pleks up and see what happens. 2 goals in 4 games....can't do any worse.
I've got a couple of issues with this:

First, Marcel is not Marian. He's not gonna be scoring a ton of goals for this team, a la his brother. While his confidence level needs improvement, he has been one of the harder working players on this team, and I don't think he should be punished for that just yet. And you think he's gonna score goals off of passes from Zednik? Zednik doesn't know how to pass.

Second, Ribeiro is not Gretzky. In case you didn't notice, Zednik himself only has two goals playing with His Holiness, Ribeiro.

Old
11-02-2003, 03:46 PM
Cosanostra

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon
I've got a couple of issues with this:

First, Marcel is not Marian. He's not gonna be scoring a ton of goals for this team, a la his brother. While his confidence level needs improvement, he has been one of the harder working players on this team, and I don't think he should be punished for that just yet. And you think he's gonna score goals off of passes from Zednik? Zednik doesn't know how to pass.

Second, Ribeiro is not Gretzky. In case you didn't notice, Zednik himself only has two goals playing with His Holiness, Ribeiro.

I'm pretty sure the usher in section 104 at the Bell Center works pretty hard too, just don't think he should play on the first line either.

And of course Ribeiro and Zednik ain't Gretzky and Kurri, but with a winger more effective than Hossa, I'm sure they'd do better.

I'll bet a little tooney that he won't be there once Koivu and Kilger come back.

Old
11-02-2003, 04:27 PM
CHareth

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the usher in section 104 at the Bell Center works pretty hard too, just don't think he should play on the first line either.
Worst argument ever! I hope you're not the captain of your high school debate team.

Quote:
And of course Ribeiro and Zednik ain't Gretzky and Kurri, but with a winger more effective than Hossa, I'm sure they'd do better.
So you actually think Hossa is dragging down Ribeiro and Zednik and preventing them from being the superstars you think they are?

Old
11-02-2003, 04:33 PM
Zednikfan20

No, I do not think they should send Audette down!

There are lots of Habs that are not showing up to play lately (including my fav...Richard Zednik!!!)

Give Audette a break, & maybe get rid of Juneau instead!!! I HATE HIM!!!

Old
11-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Mike8

Quote:

I'll bet a little tooney that he won't be there once Koivu and Kilger come back.
Hossa has been the best player on that line of late. He does all the little things that make the line work. Without him, the line would be terrible and a defensive liability.

Currently Hossa is the defensive conscience on the line, while being the strongest forechecker, easily the strongest player along the boards and in the neutral zone. He's very solid off the draw, and drives the net with authority.

His play without the puck has advanced tremendously this season. It's his play with the puck that is lacking severely and the reason why posters are getting on his case. That said, his play with the puck is not a real problem for the line, considering Ribeiro and Zednik both enjoy hanging on to the puck way too long.

I'm starting to feel a bit like a broken record with regards to Hossa. Every poster is getting on his case, and just refuses to acknowledge the strong fundamentals that Hossa has brought every night -- and is improving every night. If this keeps up, I'm just going to copy/paste that above message in all the Hossa-bashing threads.

Old
11-02-2003, 04:37 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Just because you don't see something doesn't make it a deception.

edit - Mike8 summed it up nicely

Old
11-02-2003, 04:59 PM
CHareth

Mike8, thank you for articulating beautifully what I was too lazy and annoyed to write.

Closed Thread