HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Lookin' for a new goalie catcher.

Old
03-18-2006, 08:12 PM
RangersMoogle

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
Lookin' for a new goalie catcher.

I have an old piece of **** Vic goalie catcher that's being held together by tape. It's tiny stiff always almost falling off and when I manage to catch a puck with it, it stings somethin' fierce. It was only $35, that's a plus.

If you haven't caught on, I could use a new one. I want one that's not stiff, one I can actually get a hold of my stick with. Since the nearest place that carries goalie gloves is about two hours away from me, I can't try on a few gloves and judge from that. So I have to use this here internet to buy one. Are there any makes or models that are easier to close on my stick? Is one brand generally stiffer than the other? I really don't care about how well the glove cushions the impact, I'm pretty well used too that sting, I don't want fingers breaking, that's about my only request.

Thanks for the pending info, dudes.

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2006, 09:24 PM
RangersMoogle

Hey! This is over two months old.

I got a season of inline coming up, and still have that dang crappy glove. Advices please!

Yeah, I play D and net. Wanna fight about it? I'm too tired to fight so you win by default. Happy? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Old
05-22-2006, 12:17 AM
aerialis

the thing is that just about any trapper will do what you want with breakin time.. the difference between the different brands is more toward the break angle, ie vaughn gloves you close with the fingers but koho/rbk gloves you close more with the palm (i might have reversed that, i use a battram)

speaking of which, i recommend talking to steve battram at www.battram.com; what he does is cut up big-brand gloves and pads to dissect them, then build custom trappers/blockers/pads based off of them. the best thing is that he builds them one-off, so you know exactly what's going into them, and you can ask for extra features, like a 60 degree break instead of a 90, or whatever

but yeah, without more information to what you want, can't really help you

aerialis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 12:23 AM
SpItFiReZ

I recommend Brian's trappers. They are comfy as well as broken in already. Very, very good quality.

The new TPS and CCM are also very good trappers.

SpItFiReZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 05:13 PM
RangersMoogle

More information? Eh? I don't really know much about goalie gear, I know about positioning, angles and all that good stuff, but uhh. I'm at a loss as to describing what gear I want in-depth. Goalie's just a side thing for me.

I want a glove that's not huge, will stay on my dang hand, that I can close around my stick. I've had this Vic catcher for about three years now, I think it's as broken in as it's going to be. It just sucks.

Old
05-22-2006, 10:15 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
Check out goaliestore.com or goalieboards.com

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote