Oleg Rasputin

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2003, 06:12 PM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Oleg Rasputin

Tell me when this yo-yo act ends. In and out of the line-up, only to be spotted by likes of a trusty veteran like Dave Lowry is not at all the watermark of an Up-And-Comer.

Face it, Oleg Saprykin has run his course and Darryl Sutter is slowly realizing the folly of his ways. Listened too much the remnants of the Button Brigade is my guess. Package him up in plain brown paper and binder twine and ship him home.

Old
11-03-2003, 06:13 PM
Hitman*

Old
11-03-2003, 06:23 PM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

Nice. Post a picture in rebuttal. Saves time, I guess.

Tell me instead where I'm far off in my assessment. Is not Saprykin an iffy component?

His history and current situation seems to dictate otherwise.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:43 PM
kruezer

Honestly, I wouldn't be that surprised if Saprykin got moved, if only because he has higher value than McAmmond and maybe Gelinas (only due to contract and age). I don't see Sutter moving Gelinas so I wouldn't have been surprised to see Gauthier and Saprykin packaged for something had Berard signed here. I only wish somehow we could get someone to take McAmmond though, he's just taking up a roster spot that Dome (or even Morgan) could be using to force there way onto this team. But, we shall see.

Old
11-03-2003, 11:15 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Repairman
Tell me when this yo-yo act ends. In and out of the line-up, only to be spotted by likes of a trusty veteran like Dave Lowry is not at all the watermark of an Up-And-Comer.

Face it, Oleg Saprykin has run his course and Darryl Sutter is slowly realizing the folly of his ways. Listened too much the remnants of the Button Brigade is my guess. Package him up in plain brown paper and binder twine and ship him home.
Completely like a whack-a-mole game. Only popping up to stir ***** around, and when someone takes a jab, he runs and hides.

I'm not quite sure what BR's trying to prove - the fact that he hates Oleg and continuously tries to paste that opinion in other people's minds, or that his posts have absolutely NO substance to prove that Saprykin sucks.

You know what, BR? You seem to think that because Oleg went AWOL last year, his career is a bust. You just can't seem to live that down. Are you gonna harp on all players who go through troubled times in their careers? If it's convenient for you, why don't you start with Grant Fuhr's and, more recently, Theoren Fleury's drug problems? It'll make you look like a real class act.

Seriously man, give up your hate-on for Saprykin. ANd if you can't do that, atleast have the decency and respect to QUIT CREATING NEW THREADS ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HATE HIM. Keep it to yourself!

Old
11-04-2003, 03:09 AM
Badger Bob

Anxiously awaiting a replying from Saprykin Fan... :p

Old
11-04-2003, 08:37 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Oleg Saprykin has "run his course"? Since when BR?

Old
11-04-2003, 12:17 PM
Mizral

While I think the Repairman is out to lunch on the Regehr issue, I have to agree with him here.

I was a big Saprykin fan last year, hoping he'd break out of his shell. He didn't.

Looks like not a thing has changed this year. Honestly, he looks like the EXACT same player that we saw the first time he put on a Flames sweater.

Can't see him being on the Flames much longer. Saprykin reminds me of some of those promising European players who come in with a good amount of fanfare, but end up in a Euro league in their late 20's. If Saprykin was on any better team than the Flames, he'd be either A) still in the AHL, or B) on waivers a few times.

Old
11-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

So you're writing him off at age 22 because he didn't break out last year? I guess you haven't heard of Olli Jokinen? He had very similar career type numbers to Saprykin until breaking out last year at age 23/34. He had a career high of 29 points until hitting 65 last year. I could come up with tons of examples but I'm sure you're well aware. Not sure exactly why you'd write him off at this young age when you know all about that.

With Saprykin it's a matter of time. If the Flames deal him then he'll blossom elsewhere.

I think most teams in the league would have called him up last year when he was dominating the AHL with 12 goals and 21 points in 21 games.

You've taken a stance Mizral and I respect that but in this case I think you're dead wrong. Saprykin will be a player, some just aren't patient enough to see that. Bicycle Repairman is proving to be ridiculously shortsighted in his assessment of a couple of the 23 and younger players on our roster. I can more easily forgive fans of opposing teams since they may not have had the opportunity to see as much of some of our players as a lot of Flames fans have. With BR it's inexecusable and Regehr is going to make his opinion look as worthless as I've already decided it is.

Old
11-04-2003, 12:57 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Seriously man, give up your hate-on for Saprykin. ANd if you can't do that, atleast have the decency and respect to QUIT CREATING NEW THREADS ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HATE HIM. Keep it to yourself!
Exactly!!!!

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
11-04-2003, 01:01 PM
Mizral

FDW,

For every Olli Jokinen there are about a dozen failures. And while you can say Saprykin could Jokinen, the difference I see is this:

Jokinen actually showed some decent improvement from year to year outside of the goal scoring department. Saprykin really hasn't, to me at least. Maybe I don't enough Flames games (about 15 a year), but Saprykin has shown very, very little improvement from when he first came in. That, to me, is a mark of a disinterested player.

I'm not saying he's a write off. I'm just saying that the window is closing fast. The chances of Saprykin turning into a decent NHL'er, nevermind a very good one, is very small at the moment. But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. *steals a line from Dennis Miller*

Old
11-04-2003, 01:25 PM
looooob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
. If Saprykin was on any better team than the Flames, he'd be either A) still in the AHL, or B) on waivers a few times.
holy hyperbole batman. I think this is the first year the guy was even eligibile for waivers if I'm not mistaken

Old
11-04-2003, 03:25 PM
Saprykin Fan

hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
Anxiously awaiting a replying from Saprykin Fan... :p
haha im speachless, i'll just let it go and be the mature one. it wil blow up in hiss face again like saprykin would never play for the flames again, which he did i havent talked to saprykin for awhile so soemthing could be up.

Old
11-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Sutter Brother

vCash: 563
What's up were two give-away's by Oleg in his own end on the same shift resulting in a redwing goal. You can bet he'll be in the press box for the next game even though the game was pretty much out of reach. Hopefully this results in a call-up.

Old
11-04-2003, 07:15 PM
leafaholix*

I think a change of scenery would definately help him. An offensive team with no system... a team with plenty of European players... a team located in Southern Ontario...

I still think he can develop into a fine player.

Old
11-04-2003, 07:38 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Repairman

You have somewhat of a point but I am very tired of getting rid of players who come back and haunt us. Exhibits: Giguerre, St. Louis, Savard and the latest Rico Fata

Old
11-04-2003, 07:44 PM
the-rasta-masta

Send a message via MSN to the-rasta-masta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan
You have somewhat of a point but I am very tired of getting rid of players who come back and haunt us. Exhibits: Giguerre, St. Louis, Savard and the latest Rico Fata
Let's just hope they don't trade away Steve "The Franchise" Montador.

Old
11-04-2003, 07:54 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rasta-masta
Let's just hope they don't trade away Steve "The Franchise" Montador.
yeah, he may turn into another Chris Pronger

I swear St' Louis did look that good when he was here, but now everytime I watch him I wonder why we let him go for nothing.

Old
11-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Big Deaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter Brother
What's up were two give-away's by Oleg in his own end on the same shift resulting in a redwing goal. You can bet he'll be in the press box for the next game even though the game was pretty much out of reach. Hopefully this results in a call-up.
Yah, that was pretty pathetic. Boards and out, not up the middle, didn't work the first time he put it up the middle so why'd he do it again?

Closed Thread