HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sutton vs Youngblood

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2006, 01:08 PM
  #1
Tinordi24*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Sutton vs Youngblood

First off I believe coach Chadwick is an outstanding coach much in the mold of Sutter. I believe in how he handled Youngblood.

He had outstanding toughness on his team so he could afford to hand the last spot on the team to mr finesse himself. I would have found a spot for Racki however as he demonstrated he could score on the PP in addition to his nastiness. Definitely a claude Lemieux type player.

Derrick Sutton had the approximate skill of Youngblood but played with much more grit that made him a superior player.

I was not until Youngblood learned how to fight - willingness to stand up for himself/teammates - (a fantastic one day training session courtesey his pops no less!) that he truly became a great hockey player.

Tinordi24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 02:02 PM
  #2
strungout
Professional Killer
 
strungout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 29,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24
First off I believe coach Chadwick is an outstanding coach much in the mold of Sutter. I believe in how he handled Youngblood.

He had outstanding toughness on his team so he could afford to hand the last spot on the team to mr finesse himself. I would have found a spot for Racki however as he demonstrated he could score on the PP in addition to his nastiness. Definitely a claude Lemieux type player.

Derrick Sutton had the approximate skill of Youngblood but played with much more grit that made him a superior player.

I was not until Youngblood learned how to fight - willingness to stand up for himself/teammates - (a fantastic one day training session courtesey his pops no less!) that he truly became a great hockey player.
Heaver was a horrible goalie.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 02:28 PM
  #3
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 18,793
vCash: 500
Yeah, I think McPhee should build the team based on a movie with Rob Lowe, Patrick Swayze, and Keanu Reeves. That's Hollywood elite right there and a surefire recipe for a winner.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 02:35 PM
  #4
Capitals19
Registered User
 
Capitals19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NoVA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 211
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Capitals19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24
Derrick Sutton had the approximate skill of Youngblood but played with much more grit that made him a superior player
hey, he "made" 92 goals before Deaner showed up

Capitals19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 02:40 PM
  #5
Tinordi24*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Yeah, I think McPhee should build the team based on a movie with Rob Lowe, Patrick Swayze, and Keanu Reeves. That's Hollywood elite right there and a surefire recipe for a winner.
Actually I think McPhee could learn a thing or two from that movie. Very scary thought.

Tinordi24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 02:41 PM
  #6
Tinordi24*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Pilot19
hey, he "made" 92 goals before Deaner showed up
Probably why he never ended up on the Tallahassee Warthogs.

Tinordi24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 02:43 PM
  #7
Tinordi24*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout
Heaver was a horrible goalie.
Was he the dentures guy? Or the goalie from Thunder Bay?

And I think they didnt really worry about checking birth certificates back then. I thought in Juniors you could not play if you are over 20...there were several players who were definitely not 20..Racki for one!

Tinordi24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 07:59 PM
  #8
PSUhockey34
Registered User
 
PSUhockey34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 5,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24
Was he the dentures guy? Or the goalie from Thunder Bay?

And I think they didnt really worry about checking birth certificates back then. I thought in Juniors you could not play if you are over 20...there were several players who were definitely not 20..Racki for one!
I think 21 is max age for juniors

I know Brad Moran, he was an over-age player for Calgary Hitmen WHL and was 21 his last month or two of of his final year in juniors

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=28625


Last edited by PSUhockey34: 05-16-2006 at 08:08 PM.
PSUhockey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2006, 08:52 PM
  #9
SSM12
Registered User
 
SSM12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 908
vCash: 500
You know it was just a movie right?

no, I see where u are comming from, but if I recall correctly, these TOUGH GUYS you talk of where getting their ***** handed to them physically by the opposing team, and the coach was on their ***, ala the hitting drills. And Dean's "fight" was a mix of The Count of Monte Cristo and Rocky, a swordfight with some punches, and I'd be damned if that stuff really wen't on, but yet again, it was a movie.

SSM12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2006, 01:58 AM
  #10
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,681
vCash: 500
Racki ruled!

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2006, 07:32 AM
  #11
Tinordi24*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Wait...YOUNGBLOOD WAS A FICTIONAL MOVIE???? All this time I was under the impression that it was based on a true story and the Dean went onto a successful NHL career! I need to sue someone..

Racki was excellent and I liked his style. Should have found room for him on the team.

Thunderbay was THE most initimidating team in the league. Without Sutton the mustangs couldnt compete. Chadwick did the best he could. But when Youngblood came with renewed Tinner hockey passion they won.

Tinordi24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2006, 08:26 AM
  #12
Scotty Hockey
Registered User
 
Scotty Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Commack, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 362
vCash: 500
Keanu = worse french accent EVER

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2006, 10:09 AM
  #13
Capitals19
Registered User
 
Capitals19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NoVA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 211
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Capitals19
Duane Hewitt was a solid stay at home d man.. Caps could use a guy like him on the blueline.

Capitals19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2006, 10:50 AM
  #14
Tinordi24*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Pilot19
Duane Hewitt was a solid stay at home d man.. Caps could use a guy like him on the blueline.
That guy could step right in and be our #1 dman. He has shown me a real nasty edge and sticks up for his teamates. But McPhee would never want him on the team. He'd prefer to let Muir continue to roam the ice like a buffalo.

Tinordi24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2006, 07:53 PM
  #15
HockeyCritter
Registered User
 
HockeyCritter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstranged
Keanu = worse french accent EVER
True, but he sure is real purdy to look at.

HockeyCritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.