HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anson Carter

Old
05-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Huge Jackman
Happy Happy Happy!

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Huge Jackman
Anson Carter

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...vid&id=2441978

Looks like he's open to options next year. Anyone think he'd be a good playmate for Pavel?

Huge Jackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 01:20 AM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by five4fighting
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...vid&id=2441978

Looks like he's open to options next year. Anyone think he'd be a good playmate for Pavel?
I don't know he was traded six time, says a lot IMO

I read on the main boards that he want max money. Don't know if he is worth $2.5+ million, IMO he isn't. We better can use that money for singing some other players. Just not a big fan of Carter

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 02:13 AM
Finkle is Einhorn

Haven't seen enough of Datsyuk's game, but if he has the setup abilities of either Sedin, Carter's an alright option. If it's any indication what kind of player he is, the consensus on the Canuck's board is that if he wants anything over $2 million, he can walk (he put up 30+ goals this year). While he's decent enough to put up respectable numbers in the right environment, a player with better hands would have easily racked up 40, maybe even 50 goals with the Sedins this year. For every goal he scored, there was a (relatively) gimme goal that he whiffed on. Great deal at the $1 million he played for in 05-06, not so much when the number creeps up towards the $2.5 - 3 million mark.

Finkle is Einhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 03:07 AM
Payne

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle axe
While he's decent enough to put up respectable numbers in the right environment, a player with better hands would have easily racked up 40, maybe even 50 goals with the Sedins this year. For every goal he scored, there was a (relatively) gimme goal that he whiffed on.
I thought Carter and the Sedin's had great chemistry at least compared to some of teh bums they've had over the years. From the games I saw I'd say the only thing they should keep the same from this season is that line. That being said I saw a transcript from an interview with Carter earlier this week and he said the fact that Vancouver hasn't named a new head coach yet is not helping his chances of returning.

Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 03:42 AM
Flash Walken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne
I thought Carter and the Sedin's had great chemistry at least compared to some of teh bums they've had over the years. From the games I saw I'd say the only thing they should keep the same from this season is that line. That being said I saw a transcript from an interview with Carter earlier this week and he said the fact that Vancouver hasn't named a new head coach yet is not helping his chances of returning.
apparently one of the reasons he chose vancouver last offseason was because of crawford.

Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 05:59 AM
Asiaoil

The last thing the Wings need is Anson "the human leach" Carter - believe me - Oiler fans have seen more than enough of his act. The guy is butter soft and lives off his linemates work - the Sedin's are the only reason for his revival. The Wings need more character - not guys like Carter - Langenbrunner would be a much better fit if you need a RW.

Good luck retooling this summer guys - lots of respect for the Wings franchise and fans out west.

Asiaoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne
I think that chemistry is was largely due to a couple things: Carter was the first full-time player that has played with the Sedins that possessed any real semblance of offensive instincts. Can't take that away from him. However, I think the larger contributor was the fact that the Sedins were just that good this year. As I said earlier, a guy with better hands would have at least had a shot at 50. Thornton - Cheechoo pt. II.

If Holland wants to spend upwards of $3 million on Carter, by all means, have at it. Just don't expect full value for your dollar.

Finkle is Einhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 11:51 AM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaoil
The last thing the Wings need is Anson "the human leach" Carter - believe me - Oiler fans have seen more than enough of his act. The guy is butter soft and lives off his linemates work - the Sedin's are the only reason for his revival. The Wings need more character - not guys like Carter - Langenbrunner would be a much better fit if you need a RW.

Good luck retooling this summer guys - lots of respect for the Wings franchise and fans out west.
Myself and several others like this guy and think he'd be a great signing. The Wings have been a team that puts players in any position they want to over the years, so he would probably play either wing here. I think a lot of that comes from having probably 75% of the forwards on the team as natural centers, they're so interchangeable that it doesn't matter where they play. That, and Shanny plays either wing.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Hank19

Quote:

Thanks bro. And I agree, I would love to see the Wings get Langenbrunner. Him and Parrish would be great additions. I think Langenbrunner has underrated scoring ability. Put him with Dats, Zets or Lang and he could score 30+.

Hank19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 01:07 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
You mean to tell me that if we got Langenbrunner, you'd get off this tirade you have for trading Pasha and keep him ? Will wonders never cease?

kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 01:32 PM
sparr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
You mean to tell me that if we got Langenbrunner, you'd get off this tirade you have for trading Pasha and keep him ? Will wonders never cease?
It'd be handier if he (Pavel) could do things on his own and such tirades wouldn't be needed. His playoffs are rapidly becoming Primeau-esque.

sparr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 01:53 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
It'd be handier if he (Pavel) could do things on his own and such tirades wouldn't be needed. His playoffs are rapidly becoming Primeau-esque.
Now if only they could trade him and Cheli for Rick Nash, we'd have deja vu all over again.

Old
05-17-2006, 02:24 PM
sparr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro
Now if only they could trade him and Cheli for Rick Nash, we'd have deja vu all over again.
I'd trade Pavel and Schneider for the right kind of player...

sparr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 02:50 PM
cyrisweb

Quote:
Uhm. he certainly didn't play butter soft with the Canucks.. He didn't go out making big hits but he didn't back down from anyone. when other players came in to hit him they were usually the ones that came out laying flat on the ice.

Carter definately was in a good situation with the Sedins. they set him up a lot. If he goes elsewhere he needs to be in a situation where he is just there to add the finishing touches. Not be the goto guy you are depending on.

cyrisweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 05:17 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

No thanks. Lang is ok,but I see a lot of Lang in Carter and when can't affored two of those in the same lineup.

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 07:46 AM
petrklima85

Carter will probably end up in LA w/ Crawford. Thereby reuniting the best player-coach hair combination in the league.

as an aside.......I would love to see the Wings sign Parrish OR Langenbrunner and then trade for Jason Blake. That would give them a sudden infusion of grit and determination.

petrklima85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 09:44 AM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
You really think we'd be able to pry Langenbrunner out of where he's at?

kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
i dont think he would be a good fit in detroit. Langenbrunner and a sniper would be perfect for pavel

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 11:37 AM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
You really think we'd be able to pry Langenbrunner out of where he's at?
Jersey is in a terrible cap situation. Even if they can manage to keep Elias and sign all their RFAs (I've said it's impossible, but some on other boards have assured me they can), they still have nothing left for Langenbrunner.