HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cujo to Philly Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 12:03 PM
Mr.Sinister

vCash: 500
Cujo to Philly Proposal

to Detroit:
Chris Therien
Mike Richards/Jeff Woywitka

To Philadelphia:
Curtis Joseph

Opinions?

Old
10-30-2003, 01:36 PM
Grift69

Send a message via AIM to Grift69 Send a message via MSN to Grift69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sinister
to Detroit:
Chris Therien

To Philadelphia:
Curtis Joseph

Opinions?
Therien IMO is useless, amazingly slow, Woywitka on the other hand intrigues me but theres no way philly would let him go.

Old
10-30-2003, 02:03 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
No use at all for Therien. Woywitka would never come here. Therien could be used for the whole salary issue.

Old
10-30-2003, 02:05 PM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

I agree. Therian is useless, hes slow, he has great size but he does not use it. If Philly offered Therian for CuJo(no salary paid) I would do it in a minute. Therian makes 2.9M$ well CuJo makes 8M$. We trim payroll and we just send Therian to the minors.

Old
10-30-2003, 02:28 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
my reply to this as i posted on the flyer board:

Old
10-30-2003, 06:26 PM
PigPen

Hmm...
what's the deal with Vandermeer? He seems like a pretty good player.

Old
11-01-2003, 02:57 PM
TomHBlain

Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sinister
to Detroit:
Chris Therien

To Philadelphia:
Curtis Joseph

Opinions?
Its not like Philly is struggling and needs a goalie. I think they have lost one game so far, and both Esche and Hackett look outstanding in net. If we are looking to dump him off on PHilly we will have to wait for both of them to screw up.

Old
11-02-2003, 05:06 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPen
Hmm...
what's the deal with Vandermeer? He seems like a pretty good player.
He's made a few bad turnovers in front of the net, couple turned into goals. He was sent down to the AHL. Last year he was a pretty consistent bad @ss, hitting, clearing the crease, making simple effective plays, and even turned out to be a pretty good fighter. Hitchcock seems to preferr veteran players though, so it may take a while before he gets back into the line up. Still, I expect he will be back, even though Seidenberg and Woywitka are probably more talented, Therien is currently our only other big tough stay at home type Dman.

BTW, why would we ever give up anything for Cujo? Would Cujo even be an improvement on what we already have in net? The only type of deal you are going to get is for a player like John LeClair: that is a swap of old, overpaid, injury prone former stars.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:14 AM
PigPen

Hell, I'd take John Leclair and Vandermeer for Cujo and Devereaux. It'd be a definate upgrade on the wing, regardless of his injuries.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:31 AM
Grift69

Quote:
Hell, I'd take John Leclair and Vandermeer for Cujo and Devereaux. It'd be a definate upgrade on the wing, regardless of his injuries.
They can have williams too

Old
11-03-2003, 09:42 AM
PigPen

Nah...I like williams. He's a much better winger than center though.
Lewis is using him wrong by playing him on the 4th, giving him only 7 or 8 minutes a night. He can at least score, unlike Floyd.

Old
11-03-2003, 10:08 AM
Grift69

I dont know I think J-will isnt anything special, I'd much rather have a couple energy players in the place of floyd and J-will.

Old
11-03-2003, 10:47 AM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
williams just need better players and /or more icetime i remember a couple years ago when he was called up we put him on stevie's wing and he did pretty damn good and showed alot of potential... IMO the potential is still there but it just needs to be used right ... williams, in the right situation, is more of a scorer than a checker/grinder if we hadn't kept loading up w/ allstars i believe he woulda been a solid 3rd ... maybe 2nd liner by now... however we kept loading up year after year and that left him stuck in the minors, and now lewis is picking up where scotty left off .... only this time williams is up in the pressbox instead of on the ice in the AHL... i remember years ago the same thing happened w/ roest... he never showed much anywhere else, but when he was put on stevie's wing he started lighting things up .... not saying it was just stevie making him look good, but it was a definite boost for each of them

Old
11-04-2003, 12:27 AM
Vyacheslav
That one guy

vCash: 541
Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
Quote:
Lewis is using him wrong by playing him on the 4th, giving him only 7 or 8 minutes a night.
Dave Lewis misusing players? PREPOSTEROUS!

Old
11-04-2003, 12:35 AM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1221
williams just need better players and /or more icetime i remember a couple years ago when he was called up we put him on stevie's wing and he did pretty damn good and showed alot of potential... IMO the potential is still there but it just needs to be used right ... williams, in the right situation, is more of a scorer than a checker/grinder if we hadn't kept loading up w/ allstars i believe he woulda been a solid 3rd ... maybe 2nd liner by now... however we kept loading up year after year and that left him stuck in the minors, and now lewis is picking up where scotty left off .... only this time williams is up in the pressbox instead of on the ice in the AHL... i remember years ago the same thing happened w/ roest... he never showed much anywhere else, but when he was put on stevie's wing he started lighting things up .... not saying it was just stevie making him look good, but it was a definite boost for each of them
side note to my statement above ... 3rd period when williams was between shanny and whitney he started looking alot better than he has been recently ... something's gotta give soon .... the sooner the better

Old
11-04-2003, 09:19 AM
Youreallygotme

you think philly would do that?? they wouldnt even do this i bet:

Cujo

for

(blank space)

they dont need him. you are seriously in trouble with him, because nobody wants, or needs him. it might come down to trading hasek, or legace, cause joseph aint going anywhere i bet..

Old
11-04-2003, 07:56 PM
TomHBlain

Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks&flames
you think philly would do that?? they wouldnt even do this i bet:

Cujo

for

(blank space)

they dont need him. you are seriously in trouble with him, because nobody wants, or needs him. it might come down to trading hasek, or legace, cause joseph aint going anywhere i bet..
Well, I dont know about "nobody wants or needs him." I guarantee given Colorado's current goalie situation they wouldnt mind having a better netminder.

That being said, just about everything has gone wrong for the wings with regards to "what needed to happen" in order to move Cujo quickly. Potential suitors were Philly, NYR, NYI and Boston. But so far they have filled in nicely with Hacket/Esche, Dunham/Markannen, DiPietro and Rycroft. Luckily other goalies who would be on the block (Burke, Khabi) are having good years as well and their teams aren't in need of dumping salary yet.

The only other team I can think of would be Washington because they have been pretty bad recently, but I think we would have to pick up a good chunk of Cujo's contract as well as take on one of their over-priced guys... so we would be in just about the same salary position.

Anyway... I am rambling...

Closed Thread