HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Suggestions as I'm very disappointed in the Oilers org....

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2003, 01:25 PM
Oiler-Kiwi

vCash: 500
Suggestions as I'm very disappointed in the Oilers org....

I have sent 3 emails to the Oilers in the last 3 months about my trip to Edmonton in March next year from 8th to 20th. I would like to purchase tickets for the 5 games in that time period and have not heard a scooby back from them. I'm spending about $1100 cdn just for my airfares to come over and want to guarantee I'll get tickets to those games. I already have purchased tickets from the Flames for 2 games at the Saddledome v the Oilers on 9th and Senators on 11th.

Here's the last email I sent to the Director of Sales Eric Upton on October 17th whose name I was given by an Oilers employee over the phone:-

Dear Mr Upton,

My name is Erik Burgess and have booked flights to come over from Scotland to Edmonton, arriving March 8th, 2004 for 12 days. The main purpose for my visit is specifically to see the Oilers play and I would be grateful if I could purchase tickets for the following games: -

March 10th v Colorado
March 12th v Vancouver
March 14th v Ottawa
March 16th v Columbus
March 19th v Nashville

I can apppreciate that the Oilers season ticket base is at it's highest for many seasons, there are limited number of tickets available for sale and they aren't released for sale to the public through Ticketmaster until February 2004. I would be very grateful if I could purchase tickets in advance of February 2004. I can send a copy of my flight details to confirm that I will definitely be in Edmonton on the aforementioned dates. Look forward to hearing back from you on what is the best way forward in solving my query.

Regards,

Erik Burgess

Any other suggestions on what I can do to guarantee tickets or do I just wait till February and potentially miss out on the games against the Canucks and Avs which are likely to be sellouts quickly?

Old
10-28-2003, 01:31 PM
camboy

www.ticketmaster.ca

Old
10-28-2003, 01:36 PM
Oiler-Kiwi

Did you read my email that I sent to the Oilers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by camboy
I can't get them from ticketmaster until February. I want to be able to guarantee that I will get tickets for all 5 games and not go through the lottery of buying then from Ticketmaster.

Old
10-28-2003, 02:40 PM
VayaConDios

Scalpers are always hanging around outside of games. I'm 100% sure even if you didn't have tickets, you would get some.

Old
10-28-2003, 02:43 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler-Kiwi
I have sent 3 emails to the Oilers in the last 3 months about my trip to Edmonton in March next year from 8th to 20th. I would like to purchase tickets for the 5 games in that time period and have not heard a scooby back from them. I'm spending about $1100 cdn just for my airfares to come over and want to guarantee I'll get tickets to those games. I already have purchased tickets from the Flames for 2 games at the Saddledome v the Oilers on 9th and Senators on 11th.

Here's the last email I sent to the Director of Sales Eric Upton on October 17th whose name I was given by an Oilers employee over the phone:-

Dear Mr Upton,

My name is Erik Burgess and have booked flights to come over from Scotland to Edmonton, arriving March 8th, 2004 for 12 days. The main purpose for my visit is specifically to see the Oilers play and I would be grateful if I could purchase tickets for the following games: -

March 10th v Colorado
March 12th v Vancouver
March 14th v Ottawa
March 16th v Columbus
March 19th v Nashville

I can apppreciate that the Oilers season ticket base is at it's highest for many seasons, there are limited number of tickets available for sale and they aren't released for sale to the public through Ticketmaster until February 2004. I would be very grateful if I could purchase tickets in advance of February 2004. I can send a copy of my flight details to confirm that I will definitely be in Edmonton on the aforementioned dates. Look forward to hearing back from you on what is the best way forward in solving my query.

Regards,

Erik Burgess

Any other suggestions on what I can do to guarantee tickets or do I just wait till February and potentially miss out on the games against the Canucks and Avs which are likely to be sellouts quickly?
Do you know/trust any season ticket holders? They can buy tickets in advance then have you repay. I know it's not the most desirable outcome, but that would be a way.

Old
10-28-2003, 02:55 PM
Mr Sakich

if you are comming all the way to the chuck just to see a few oiler games, I am almost certain that at least one season ticket holder who visits this site would sell/give you a ticket to a few games. I wouldn't worry about getting in.

BTW, send me an pm on your itinery and I will buy you a few beers when you get to calgary.

Old
10-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Hairball

I will see if I can find out anything for you. I am going to skyreach in an hour for a tour of the place. I can if I can get a contact there for you or if you can get me your email in the next half hour, I can pass it on. I know it's short notice but I just saw the thread.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:29 PM
Hairball

Okay. That tour sucked. I'll ask at the next game I go to. I know some people. Who knows. At the very least I can find out info for you right?

Old
10-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Dale

For sure, only season ticket holders can buy in advance. The Oiler management should still have responded to you email. Very rude.

Our daughter went to university in Edinburg and we loved it there when we visited. Which part do you live in?

Tickets to any of those games wouldn't be a problem now but in March the Oil are usually in a playoff race and you need to get them ahead of the general sales rush.

We're season ticket holders and wouldn't mind helping you purchase the tickets if nothing else works out. There's not a panic right now though-even February should be ok if you don't mind where you sit. There are always very cheap and very expensive ones available plus singles, but terrace or good colonade seats go faster as you get more bang for your buck. We've executive terrace seats in the corner for years and they're great. I'd go corner for sure-perfect view of everything.

I usually check out this site so keep in touch if you need help.

Sorry, I meant January should be soon enough depending what kind of seats you want. Earlier if particular.

Old
10-28-2003, 09:39 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

group packs will allow you to purchase them ahead of time, so if you can find 19 friends to make the trip with you, then your set.

a more logical solution would be to call the oilers direct ticket office (780-414-GOAL) and ask to speak to someone with some swing around there. since the long distance charge from the other side of the ocean won't be cheap, i will try and call here since its a local call and seei if i can get something worked out for you, or at the very least get you some more information, keep checking on hfboards as i will immideatly post my findings.

Old
10-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

When you come to Edmonton, you will quickly see that it is one of north americas friendliest cities, everywhere you turn there will be people ready to help you. so think of hfboards as a mini edmonton, we are here to help.

Old
10-28-2003, 10:10 PM
Oiler-Kiwi

Thanks for all the feedback....

I will take all of your suggestions on board and decide what's best. Someone at Oilfans suggested I contact Pat Laforge direct as he always returns emails.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Old
10-29-2003, 04:38 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Very true, Pat Laforge is a great guy. He is an old family friend and is one of the better people I have ever met. Also if you are still getting no love, I am a season ticket holder so I could buy the tix for you and you could pay me back. email me at padawan@telusplanet.net if you need to. I hope the trip goes well for you.

Old
10-29-2003, 03:59 PM
oh_canuck

Call Jeff at the oilers office his number is 414 4652 (direct line). He is very prompt at replying to all inquiries. Good guy who will do what ever is possible. The oilers office in general getting prepared for the big game in Nov. Eric Upton in particular so dont get down on him to quick...

Old
10-29-2003, 04:05 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
[QUOTE=s7ark]padawanQUOTE]

Star Wars fan?

Old
10-29-2003, 09:23 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Since everyone's in a helping hand mode on here. I bought these wool socks from Zellers last weekend, and after I opened them, I realized that they're pretty ugly, even by wool sock standards. Unfortunately, I lost my reciept, and I ate one pair; does anybody know what I should do?, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:14 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

[QUOTE=thome_26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
padawanQUOTE]

Star Wars fan?
Who isn't?

Old
10-30-2003, 06:34 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
Who isn't?
so true, so true

Old
11-05-2003, 12:25 PM
kmorton

vCash:
Tickets from the Oilers

Hello Mr. Erik Burgess,

My name is Kendra and I work for the Edmonton Oilers. Unfortunately this is the only way I could find to try and get a hold of you, so I am hoping you do recieve this message. If you would like to give me a call at 780-414-4433 or e-mail me at kmorton@edmontonoilers.com I would be glad to look into your situation for you.
Thank you Erik, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Old
11-06-2003, 05:52 AM
Oil_in_my_veins

The Hockey lovers package on the official site is a good deal.

The Westin is a great hotel and is connected to the LRT that takes you right to Skyreach. The visiting team usually stays there.

My wife and I used the Hockey Lovers package last year and loved it. ran into the Canucks at the Westin. bunch of jerks especially Crawford.

Might be worth looking into.

Closed Thread