HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Ideal/Reasonable offseason

Old
05-19-2006, 04:10 PM
flyboys328

vCash: 500
Ideal/Reasonable offseason

Gone - Johnsson, Desjardins, Nedved, Niko, Esche, Primeau(retired)

Newcomers
- Redden 6.5 - 7.1mil
- Skrastins - 1.8-2mil
- Brian Boucher - 1mil
- Elias - 7.2 mil
- Langenbrunner - 2.4mil

The numbers are probably off but it would definitly be a nice offseason if this happens

flyboys328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2006, 04:37 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboys328

Newcomers
- Redden 6.5 - 7.1mil
- Skrastins - 1.8-2mil
- Brian Boucher - 1mil
- Elias - 7.2 mil
- Langenbrunner - 2.4mil

The numbers are probably off but it would definitly be a nice offseason if this happens
I like everyone you have as "gone" except for Johnsson, why would you want him out of here?

As for the newcomers, that's an amazing looking list, especially Redden and Elias, although I don't think it would happen. I'm also a huge Brian Boucher fan, loved him when he was here and I felt like he was undeservedly run out of town, but I wouldn't mind seeing him here again as a backup.

capn89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2006, 04:53 PM
goodrev

cant possibly toss out 7 mill a year to elias and redden, its just not in the cards... 5 mill a year each more likely, they will both get on the upwards of 6 a year somewhere but i doubt they both get 7 AND/OR end up in the same place. Its not in the salary cap cards either

its gunna be hard to get rid of nedved because he is a underachiever at 2.2 mill a year and is older. Primeau will linger around another season reguardless of wether or not he can play he is going to beat the cat until its dead and make the team think he is coming back even though he probably shouldnt.

goodrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Winston Wolf

I thought you said reasonable?

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2006, 05:45 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
I like everyone you have as "gone" except for Johnsson, why would you want him out of here?
As we have seen with Primeau and Lindros, guys who have missed significant time with PCS, are a hit away from not playing again that season

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2006, 06:04 PM
jb**

Quote:

As for the newcomers, that's an amazing looking list, especially Redden and Elias, although I don't think it would happen. I'm also a huge Brian Boucher fan, loved him when he was here and I felt like he was undeservedly run out of town, but I wouldn't mind seeing him here again as a backup.
best avatar ever. It is almost impossible to add over 19mm in slary not realistic

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2006, 06:44 PM
i am dave

Neither Johnsson nor Primeau will be gone. With the Forsberg timeline, it's more likely Nedved stays rather than an FA pickup. Esche will not go in the offseason only to bring in Boucher. And there is no way Redden and Elias both come.

Sorry, just not realistic.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Steve L*

I want no part of Boucher, not even if he offered $1m to play here.

I could see the Flyers making a run at one of Chara, Redden and Elias but I think Clarke would go for Chara (big!) and Elias (he likes to weaken rival teams) ahead of Redden.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
I want no part of Boucher, not even if he offered $1m to play here.

I could see the Flyers making a run at one of Chara, Redden and Elias but I think Clarke would go for Chara (big!) and Elias (he likes to weaken rival teams) ahead of Redden.
I would be okay with getting Chara as long as one of Hatcher or Rathje are gone. He's a little more mobile than those two and proved this season that he's still an effective and physical defenseman in this league.

Elias I think is a pipe dream, but man would that be sweet.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2006, 07:22 PM
daynus

We seem to be uh

Drafting and grooming our own forwards and going after D via free agency. I do see us drafting a forward in round 1 and grabbing a FA Dman.

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Dr Love

I can see Johnson leaving, but I would like to have him back at a discount. I think there's a reasonable chance of that happening, but I don't expect it.

The only time I want to see Brian Boucher and the Flyers on the same ice together is if he's tending the opposition's net. There are better backups available, and like I've been saying all year--no retreads.

Dr Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2006, 09:28 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:

Newcomers
- Redden 6.5 - 7.1mil
- Skrastins - 1.8-2mil
- Brian Boucher - 1mil
- Elias - 7.2 mil
- Langenbrunner - 2.4mil

I would still keep Johnsson and Niko cuz Johnsson still has enough speed great abilities, and Dimitrakos is an all effort guy who we need in the lineup. He is a powerhouse on skates, I really like, but thats just my opinion

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:

yeah, I gotta admit, that is one of the best avatars ever!

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 12:07 AM
steinie77

I'd like to see the following:

OUT: Brashear, Savage, Therien, Desjardins, Johnsson, Stevenson, Handzus, Esche, Hatcher, Nedved, and Radivojevic

IN: Eager, Picard, Potulny, Ruzicka (full-time Flyers or platoon)

FREE AGENT ADDITIONS: Elias (6.5); Jovanovski (5); Spacek (2-3)

ARRIVAL via TRADE: Sebastien Caron and the 2nd overall pick from Pittsburgh for Esche, Handzus, Bellamy, and our first round pick and 2nd round pick.

Re-sign RFAs and give Forsberg a 2-3 year extension

DRAFT: Jordan Staal or Phil Kessel

Team, when healthy:
Gagne - Forsberg - Elias
Umberger - Carter - Knuble
Primeau - Richards - Kapanen
Eager - Potulny - Dimitrakos

Pitkanen - Rathje
Jovanovski - Spacek
Meyer - Gauthier

Niittymaki - Caron

steinie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 05:17 AM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

If Jovo leaves Vancouver he will be going to the Panthers

he still owns a house down there and his wife live there year round. He wife is pregnent and she is going to have a tough time(there is a history there)--So I say he goes back to where he lives.

gonzo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 10:12 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
As we have seen with Primeau and Lindros, guys who have missed significant time with PCS, are a hit away from not playing again that season
I love how everyone always sneaks a shot at Lindros in their posts

However, he has not had consussion problems since he left philly. Maybe 1-2 minor ones, but the rest of his body has fallen apart.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 10:26 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinie77
I'd like to see the following:

OUT: Brashear, Savage, Therien, Desjardins, Johnsson, Stevenson, Handzus, Esche, Hatcher, Nedved, and Radivojevic

IN: Eager, Picard, Potulny, Ruzicka (full-time Flyers or platoon)

FREE AGENT ADDITIONS: Elias (6.5); Jovanovski (5); Spacek (2-3)

ARRIVAL via TRADE: Sebastien Caron and the 2nd overall pick from Pittsburgh for Esche, Handzus, Bellamy, and our first round pick and 2nd round pick.

Re-sign RFAs and give Forsberg a 2-3 year extension

DRAFT: Jordan Staal or Phil Kessel

Team, when healthy:
Gagne - Forsberg - Elias
Umberger - Carter - Knuble
Primeau - Richards - Kapanen
Eager - Potulny - Dimitrakos

Pitkanen - Rathje
Jovanovski - Spacek
Meyer - Gauthier

Niittymaki - Caron
Good attempt, I just dont think some of this makes any sense, but hey, that is only my opinion.

I honestly do not think Pittsburgh would ever think about making that deal. Why would they trade the 2nd pick in the draft for a center when they already have a projected top 3 in Crosby, Malkin, Malone, a back up goalie and a minor prospect and couple picks when they can draft Kessel, Johnson or Staal.

Plus I have never and will never agree to trade Handzus unless you are getting something young and really good for him, plus we need him at the least until Forsberg returns.

Jovo is most likely going to Florida if he leaves vancouver as someone else said, but I think we are taking a run at Redden so I will replace Jovo with Redden. I like Jovo, I just rather have Redden.

Primeau can not play wing as Detroit found out early in his career. Plus, you need him taking faceoffs

Cant put all your eggs in one basket. Elias is the perfect player needed for Carter and Umberger, Knuble does not work there, he fits with Forsberg and Gagne. I also wonder if we should look for a center to play with Gagne/Knuble instead of a winger for the 2nd line and then when Forsberg returns put him as the winger on the 2nd line. If not, I say Richards gets a shot with Gagne and Knuble until Forsberg returns. He is a good playmaker and has already showed chemistry with Knuble.

I get rid of Dimitrakos instead of Rado, trade Esche and picks if need be to TB for Fedotenko. He scores big goals at big times and has a lot of heart. Two things this team needs.

I go with:
Gagne Forsberg Knuble
Umberg Carter Elias
Richards Handzus Fedotenko(if richards gets better on faceoffs swap him and Zus)
Eager Primeau Kapanen
Potulny, Rado

Pitkanen Rathje
Redden Spacek (think we need someone a little more physical then Spacek)
Gautheir Meyer

Nitty
FA

While Forsberg is out:
Gagne Richards Knuble
Umberger Carter Elias
Fedotenko Handzus Rado

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 10:52 AM
BringBackStevens

Send a message via AIM to BringBackStevens
i dont think theres much of a chance of signing ONE of elias and redden let alone BOTH of them. i also doubt hatcher will be movable as so many believe him to be.

i say we make the biggest push for elias, then sign a guy like f. kaberle, maybe spacek or salei.

gagne forsberg knuble
elias carter umberger
handzus richards radio/kapanen
eager primeau dimitrakos/kapanen

one of radio, dimitrakos, kapanen will likely not be back.
when forsberg is out bump richards to 1st line, handzus to center of third and bring in potunly

extra: potunly, ruzicka, stevenson

rathje - pitkanen
hatcher - kaberle/spacek/salei/etc
meyer - gauthier

extra - picard, desjardins(?)

try to move esche :

nitty
belfour? some other cheap backup

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 11:27 AM
TheKingPin

no way that Elias goes for the max. He is underrated for a reason. He is know to us because we play him 8 times. I say he gets 5 mil. Redden however is being talked about too much, he may get the max, same with chara. I think we need to go after a defenceman obvioulsy but not redden. I like jovo but hed be for less than 5 mill. I i think that we need to get a guy like Elias in here, i am not prepaired to rely on rookies for hte first half and then Foppa on the second. We have an opppurtunity to make the best two lines in hockey if we can get Elias in here.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 12:11 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Niko -- stays
Desjardins -- I would like to see gone
Johnsson -- if he is better, I would like him to stay
Esche -- could be traded anyway
Primeau --- not sure

I can't really speculate until FA starts and that isn't until the end of June.

swflyers8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 03:05 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr
I love how everyone always sneaks a shot at Lindros in their posts

However, he has not had consussion problems since he left philly. Maybe 1-2 minor ones, but the rest of his body has fallen apart.
Wasn't meant to ba a shot, just an example. But Lindros, has not been the same player since the Stevens hit

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 03:31 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:

Newcomers
- Redden 6.5 - 7.1mil
- Skrastins - 1.8-2mil
- Brian Boucher - 1mil
- Elias - 7.2 mil
- Langenbrunner - 2.4mil

nOObs

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 03:33 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
no way that Elias goes for the max. He is underrated for a reason. He is know to us because we play him 8 times. I say he gets 5 mil. Redden however is being talked about too much, he may get the max, same with chara. I think we need to go after a defenceman obvioulsy but not redden. I like jovo but hed be for less than 5 mill. I i think that we need to get a guy like Elias in here, i am not prepaired to rely on rookies for hte first half and then Foppa on the second. We have an opppurtunity to make the best two lines in hockey if we can get Elias in here.

sorry, id pass on Jovo

probably the most over rated d-man in the league

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

All this talk about finding a winger for Carter...how about we do what Habscheid did at the World's:

Umberger Richards Carter

Richie and JC played really well together. Richards is the playmaker, Carter is the finisher, Umberger does his thing. Let Handzus and Primeau play the shut down role, let Richards blossom.

THEN I would be all for picking up Elias or something to put him on the first line.

Gagne Forsberg Elias (??)
Umberger Richards Carter
Kapanen Handzus Knuble
Eager Primeau Radio

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylez19
i dont think theres much of a chance of signing ONE of elias and redden let alone BOTH of them. i also doubt hatcher will be movable as so many believe him to be.

i say we make the biggest push for elias, then sign a guy like f. kaberle, maybe spacek or salei.

This is the right idea! I doubt we will get Elias, I think he will stay with NJ. But I'd try to get him and a serviceable #3 defensman like Kaberle. I don't want to get both Elias AND Redden (not that I think that will happen anyway), two players that will eat up tons of cap room.

I'd like to trade Esche and try to get Fedotenko or Prospal though.

I think the key to getting better on defense is to try to get several decent defensmen, not one good one like Redden. Getting Redden won't help the fact we will still have some bad d-men. I'd rather get like 2 or 3 guys for the price of Redden.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote