HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Domi, Nolan - Offers?

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 07:23 AM
MCP

vCash: 500
Domi, Nolan - Offers?

Yes I know I'm inviting the sracastic crap responce. But rumour has it they're available..

Would any team SERIOUSLY be interested in either (and no, I don't want to hear "Domi is overpaid" or "Nolan has a bad back".

Old
11-04-2003, 07:32 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCP
(and no, I don't want to hear "Domi is overpaid" or "Nolan has a bad back".
okay... how about "Nolan is overpaid, and Domi is bad"???

Seriously though... I doubt that you get much for either one of those two at this point (although as the season moves on and supposed contenders run into problems, there could be a market for them then).

But Nolan has a high contract, and injury concerns... plus, isn't his contract one of the few (or only) that was doctored to pay him out during a lockout?? his production is also down... but mainly because he still holds a $7+mill contract (I believe) in the last season under the current CBA, I think that most teams would avoid adding that to their payroll.

Domi, I can't see any team being interested in... he's an overpaid 4th line enforcer, and no team right now is really looking for one - and with Domi, it's also the whole "too much blue in white" factor, where he might not be close to even the same Domi on another team.

Old
11-04-2003, 07:38 AM
Shark Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCP
Yes I know I'm inviting the sracastic crap responce. But rumour has it they're available..

Would any team SERIOUSLY be interested in either (and no, I don't want to hear "Domi is overpaid" or "Nolan has a bad back".
Realistically, Domi is a 4th line player making about $2M a season. Too much in this day and age. He has stated he would retire if dealt so he has absolutely no trade value.

For Nolan, see my avatar, he will be paid $6.5M next year or the following year if there is a strike/lockout whatever. He has had various injuries with his back, groin and shoulder the past 4 years. Because of his decline in production and current salary, his trade value is not very high. The only chance of dealing him would be if Toronto wants to take on salary (Jagr) or it Toronto picks up part of his salary.

Will either be dealt, probably not.

CHomp, CHomp (this is what we did before Avatars)

Old
11-04-2003, 07:43 AM
txpd

Domi has said that he will only play in Toronto. Trading him seems kind of dodgy then. Jagr for Domi. if Domi quits, its ok.

Old
11-04-2003, 08:21 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
Domi has said that he will only play in Toronto. Trading him seems kind of dodgy then. Jagr for Domi. if Domi quits, its ok.
He'll play where ever he's traded to...he can't have that much money to walk away, he's just bluffing....although I don't think there will be too many teams looking for him.

Old
11-04-2003, 08:39 AM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
Nolan wouldn't be worth much until he gets outta the scoring slump

Old
11-04-2003, 08:49 AM
Dr Love

Nolan could very well pass through waivers. His contract coupled with his lack of production is a big red flag. Leafs are going to have to bite the bullet on this one, nobody that is a buyer is buying these days. CuJo remains a Red Wing, LeClair a Flyer, Jagr a Cap, Guerin a Star.

Old
11-04-2003, 08:57 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
I'd like to have Domi on the Wings. Only if the Leafs take Devereaux.

Old
11-04-2003, 09:09 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Nolan could very well pass through waivers. His contract coupled with his lack of production is a big red flag. Leafs are going to have to bite the bullet on this one, nobody that is a buyer is buying these days. CuJo remains a Red Wing, LeClair a Flyer, Jagr a Cap, Guerin a Star.
I agree... this is why I think that if the Leafs want to move Nolan, they'd have to pick up a salary dump in the process... aren't going to trade Nolan for a solution without question marks.

if they're interested in picking up more salary though, a guy like Nolan might be a good trade off...

Jagr for Nolan for example - Washington moves a bigger, longer term deal basically, and has to take some salary back - and the Leafs should be able to afford adding Jagr (although not sure why they'd need him with Mogilny already an excellent #1 right winger).

how about Nolan straight up for Leclair?

aren't going to do much better than getting a guy with a high salary that another team wants to move - for a high salary guy that you want to move, not with the current situation with the CBA uncertainty.

Old
11-04-2003, 09:48 AM
Teezax

Considering the vast improvement these two guys would get my team, I'd be willing, yet hesitant, to give up a box of corn starch and a pair of old brown socks with a hole for each big toe.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:47 AM
mrs9x

Leafs crap

Why is it that every year the Leafs are trying to pawn off crap on some other team? And, of course, Leafs fans always overrate their own players.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:51 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs9x
Why is it that every year the Leafs are trying to pawn off crap on some other team? And, of course, Leafs fans always overrate their own players.
and why is it that idiots always generalize?

Old
11-04-2003, 10:54 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
and why is it that idiots always generalize?
isn't it a generalization to say that idiots always generalize??

and if so, wouldn't that make you an idiot

Old
11-04-2003, 10:57 AM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

I'd do Jagr for Nolan.

I don't think MLSE would, though.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:57 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
isn't it a generalization to say that idiots always generalize??

and if so, wouldn't that make you an idiot
I didn't think anyone here would be sharp enough to catch that....

Old
11-04-2003, 11:11 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese
I'd do Jagr for Nolan.

I don't think MLSE would, though.
forget MLSE, if a proposal like that came up, I doubt that Ferguson even takes it to MLSE... it doesn't really make much sense for the Leafs to do it.

granted Jagr is still a great player, he doesn't address the real concerns for the Leafs... Mogilny is already there - a scoring right winger to play on your top line... good/great teams aren't the ones that necessarily have the most good/great players, but are the ones that are the most complete teams.

I'd look for a salary dump on a dman, if you need to move Nolan for a salary dump... not sure at all who might be available - but if there are any dman making $6+ mill on teams that aren't likely to be making the playoffs and looking for a shakeup, it'd be a good start.

acquiring Jagr for any team right now though would be a mistake... they'd be locked into his contract for several years after the new CBA... I would imagine that Nolan's value right now is probably even higher than Jagr's just because of the contract.... his value is probably closer to Yashin's - as both have contracts that could really hurt the flexibility of their respective teams.

so who does that leave us with as a good fit for a deal around Nolan??

most teams are going to be out just because of salary... there are few teams that could probably even trade for that contract - and many of those don't need Nolan....

Detroit, Colorado, Dallas*, Rangers, St. Louis*, Flyers...

* teams already either cutting salary, or suggesting they won't be picking up any more...

so then the options aren't many beyond that... Detroit and Colorado have other weaknesses, and don't really need a right winger... the Rangers still have Bure's contract (still$2mill after insurance), and Carter and Kovalev on the right wing... the Flyers wouldn't be taking on Nolan unless they could at least get rid of Leclair (but this could be an interesting swap for both teams)... and the Blues and Stars don't want to add payroll, and don't have much in the way of a salary dump for Nolan.

In the end, I think that Nolan will be finishing his current contract (and maybe his career) as a Leaf.

Old
11-04-2003, 11:38 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs9x

lmfao @ Nolan being crap

Get a grip leaf hater

Old
11-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
forget MLSE, if a proposal like that came up, I doubt that Ferguson even takes it to MLSE... it doesn't really make much sense for the Leafs to do it.

granted Jagr is still a great player, he doesn't address the real concerns for the Leafs... Mogilny is already there - a scoring right winger to play on your top line... good/great teams aren't the ones that necessarily have the most good/great players, but are the ones that are the most complete teams.

I'd look for a salary dump on a dman, if you need to move Nolan for a salary dump... not sure at all who might be available - but if there are any dman making $6+ mill on teams that aren't likely to be making the playoffs and looking for a shakeup, it'd be a good start.

acquiring Jagr for any team right now though would be a mistake... they'd be locked into his contract for several years after the new CBA... I would imagine that Nolan's value right now is probably even higher than Jagr's just because of the contract.... his value is probably closer to Yashin's - as both have contracts that could really hurt the flexibility of their respective teams.

so who does that leave us with as a good fit for a deal around Nolan??

most teams are going to be out just because of salary... there are few teams that could probably even trade for that contract - and many of those don't need Nolan....

Detroit, Colorado, Dallas*, Rangers, St. Louis*, Flyers...

* teams already either cutting salary, or suggesting they won't be picking up any more...

so then the options aren't many beyond that... Detroit and Colorado have other weaknesses, and don't really need a right winger... the Rangers still have Bure's contract (still$2mill after insurance), and Carter and Kovalev on the right wing... the Flyers wouldn't be taking on Nolan unless they could at least get rid of Leclair (but this could be an interesting swap for both teams)... and the Blues and Stars don't want to add payroll, and don't have much in the way of a salary dump for Nolan.

In the end, I think that Nolan will be finishing his current contract (and maybe his career) as a Leaf.
Ya know Nuck you need to stop making posts. I'm starting to think all Canuck fans aren't idiots now. And thats a bad thing :-)

Old
11-04-2003, 11:40 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheRat
hasn't Holland gone on the record as saying Detroit CANNOT add more payroll?
not sure... but that might be in reference to having to keep Cujo and his $8mill/yr contract as well...

and with all the injuries they're going through, they might yet add to get that Cup one last time before the new CBA kicks in.

Old
11-04-2003, 11:44 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666
Ya know Nuck you need to stop making posts. I'm starting to think all Canuck fans aren't idiots now. And thats a bad thing :-)
thanks... I think.

don't worry though, we have a back to back coming up against the Leafs soon, so you'll be seeing the idiot in me soon enough

Old
11-04-2003, 12:53 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
Quote:
thanks... I think.

don't worry though, we have a back to back coming up against the Leafs soon, so you'll be seeing the idiot in me soon enough
cant wait

Old
11-04-2003, 12:56 PM
LightningFast

Let's put it this way, the Leafs would never get close to the same package they sent to San Jose (Alyn Mccauley, Brad Boyes and 1st rounder Steve Bernier) .

Old
11-04-2003, 01:03 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4850
Quote:
thanks... I think.

Good one Nuck

Closed Thread