Rob Schremp's Apology

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Rob Schremp's Apology

Just a heads up that last night Schremp sent out an open letter of apology for his behaviour last week to every possible injured party. A news article is posted on the NHL website, and the pertinent language, as well a comment, is posted on my blog at: www.chlnews.blogspot.com

Old
05-18-2006, 04:25 PM
CharlieGirl

I hope that this is sincere. If nothing else, it sends a message to Schremp from the Oilers that the kind of behaviour he exhibited isn't acceptable.

It's unfortunate that this wasn't released until now - it would have been more appropriate to have the Knights release this statement the day after the finals ended.

I've had mixed feelings about Schremp all along - I see him hand pucks out to kids consistently, and I hear about his volunteer work with the Knights, and admire him for doing so. Then I see the tantrums, the fan-spearing, and the overall piss-poor sportsmanship, and I can't admire that.

Old
05-19-2006, 01:22 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

It should never have been the Oilers' PR department's problem in the first place. The Knights should have issued the statement (although their last "statement" was embarassing so maybe it's for the best). Either way, I hope he's going to cut the attitude crap and just stick to hockey at the next level.

Old
05-19-2006, 12:56 PM
toomanymen

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
It should never have been the Oilers' PR department's problem in the first place. The Knights should have issued the statement (although their last "statement" was embarassing so maybe it's for the best). Either way, I hope he's going to cut the attitude crap and just stick to hockey at the next level.
Agreed. I don't see Jason Smith allowing any untoward behaviour by some rookie, do you?

Old
05-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Ryan Van Horne
aka Scribe

Send a message via ICQ to Ryan Van Horne Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan Van Horne
Can somebody tell me what he was apologizing for?

Please and thanks.

Old
05-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe
Can somebody tell me what he was apologizing for?

Please and thanks.
Although a certain Knights fan will probably deny it ever happened...

After the fourth and decicing loss to the Petes in the OHL final, Schremp threw a typical temper tantrum (as he does after most losses) where he repeatedly cursed at the officials, shot a puck at the Petes' bench which nearly hit the coach and threw a water bottle at the official. He was given a gross misconduct and was not on the ice to shake hands for that reason.

After the game, speaking to the media, he said the officials lost the game for them.

He's a sore loser of the worst kind, always has been from what I've seen.

Old
05-23-2006, 12:59 AM
BackBringCam

I have it on VERY good authority, Chris Pronger had LOTS to do with him making the apology.

Old
05-23-2006, 01:09 AM
Pete Rock

Quote:
Although a certain Knights fan will probably deny it ever happened...

After the fourth and decicing loss to the Petes in the OHL final, Schremp threw a typical temper tantrum (as he does after most losses) where he repeatedly cursed at the officials, shot a puck at the Petes' bench which nearly hit the coach and threw a water bottle at the official. He was given a gross misconduct and was not on the ice to shake hands for that reason.

After the game, speaking to the media, he said the officials lost the game for them.

He's a sore loser of the worst kind, always has been from what I've seen.
I have recently been quite vocal about what I thought of Schremp's completely immature actions while a member of the Ice Dogs and the childish act that caused him to be traded.

Certain posters told me that he had matured and he shouldn't still be held accountable for things he did as a kid. I didn't think he had changed, and I believe someone poked fun at me by calling my "Dr. Phil".

From whining like a baby to be traded to a contender to shoving his stick through a crack in the boards to spear a fan to this latest incredibly immature temper tantrum has shown me he has not grown, and I fully support his non-presence in the Memorial Cup and hope nothing but the worst for him in his career.

Old
05-23-2006, 07:25 AM
thomasincanada

Can a mod please close this thread? It's pointless.

Old
05-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Pete Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
Can a mod please close this thread? It's pointless.
Why is it pointless? Cause you think Schremp is a great guy and you're tired of people bad-mouthing him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaisincanada
Yeah.. he *definately* pouts everytime things don't go his way. We need to move on from the Mississauga thing, clearly it wasn't his best moment but he's done plenty of mature things since then.
You said as much in a response to me in January. It's obvious how incredibly incorrect that statement was.

TIC, I happen to think you're a great poster and you are obviously far more knowledgable about the O than I am, but I think it's time for you to admit that Schremp might not be the nice guy you think he is.

Old
05-23-2006, 03:10 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Rock
Why is it pointless? Cause you think Schremp is a great guy and you're tired of people bad-mouthing him?
If a thread has deteriorated into nothing more than a badmouthing session, deserved or not, than I think it should be closed. I don't want this board to become like NOOF. That board is a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Rock
You said as much in a response to me in January. It's obvious how incredibly incorrect that statement was.

TIC, I happen to think you're a great poster and you are obviously far more knowledgable about the O than I am, but I think it's time for you to admit that Schremp might not be the nice guy you think he is.
Well, he's no saint - I'll give you that - some of his actions are very immature. However, I still like what he did for London, his love of the knights and I know of good things he did here that nobody really cares about because he also did some not so good things.

I'm not really interested in getting into a debate with anyone about the guys character, but what I will say is that he's not in the OHL now, so I don't see why we can't just move on. Those who wish to continue discussions about his personality should go to the Oilers form.

Old
05-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Pete Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
I'm not really interested in getting into a debate with anyone about the guys character, but what I will say is that he's not in the OHL now, so I don't see why we can't just move on. Those who wish to continue discussions about his personality should go to the Oilers form.
That is not a bad idea as well.

I must admit, I unintentionally laid bait that may have created a bad session between us.

Glad to see you didn't take the bait!

Old
05-26-2006, 07:06 AM
Pothier

Was there any reason why the apology was stated by the Oilers and not the Knights?

Because to me, THAT is a joke.

Old
05-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Default101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battochio30
Was there any reason why the apology was stated by the Oilers and not the Knights?

Because to me, THAT is a joke.
because i don't think that Hunter and Co. really cared wether or not Schremp did it, but Edmonton probably put him on a time out till he was ready to act like a big boy

Old
05-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Default101

Quote:
Schremp threw a typical temper tantrum (as he does after most losses) where he repeatedly cursed at the officials, shot a puck at the Petes' bench which nearly hit the coach and threw a water bottle at the official. He was given a gross misconduct and was not on the ice to shake hands for that reason.
OH NO.. I"M HAVING CARCILLO FLASHBACKS AGAIN

Old
05-26-2006, 02:54 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg
OH NO.. I"M HAVING CARCILLO FLASHBACKS AGAIN
As little as I think of Schremp, comparing him to Carcillo is just cruel. Schremp exhibits extremely poor sportsmanship, but Carcillo is a complete psycho.

Closed Thread