HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2006-2007 lineup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2006, 10:25 AM
  #1
phillyflyer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
2006-2007 lineup

what do u guys think it will look like?

phillyflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 11:09 AM
  #2
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,707
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Hmm if everything goes amazing: We get Chara, Elias, Nolan, Langenbrunner, Witt, etc but a realistic or plausible lineup I think is:

Elias - Conroy - Demitra
Frolov - Kopitar - Nolan
Langenbrunner- Belanger -Brown
Kostopulous - Parros/Enforcer - Kanko

Lubomir - Norstrom
Blake - Sopel
Gleason - Miller/Petiot

Garon-Jason

May not be what everyone wants or perfect but I think it can be done and would be a great upgrade.

AnThGrt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 12:44 PM
  #3
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,812
vCash: 500
My wish list roster is this

Frolov-Conroy-Demitra
Elias-Cammalleri-Parrish
S.Thornton-Belanger-Brown
Kanko-Avery*-Kostopoulos
Spares: Armstrong, Parros

Chara-Visnovsky
Norstrom-Gleason
Sopel/Miller-Petiot
Spares:

Garon
Labarbera

*Doubt Avery wil be back, but similiar player would be nice, hardworking PKer.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 05:08 PM
  #4
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,018
vCash: 500
Locks

Frolov
Conroy
Demitra
Cammalleri
Brown

Visnovsky
Norstrom
Miller
Gleason
Sopel


-------------------

Everyone else is up in the air.

- Will Parrish and Belanger be re-signed?

-Will Avery be back with a fresh start with new management and coaching?

-Will DL bring in one or two new goaltenders?

-Or will he stick with the two from last year?
-
- Will Kopitar and Tukonen make the team?

- Do Kanko, Guiliano, TK and Parros fill out the bottom lines or does DL opt for veterans?

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 05:14 PM
  #5
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,018
vCash: 500
I'm hoping that the Kings make a huge push for either Chara or Redden.

I'm hoping that since he is so familiar with the Flyers that DL tries to get either Esche or Nittymaki. I would be happy with either guy as our #1 goaltender. Its unfortunate for the Kings that the two best available goalies are from our California rivals, and unlikely trading partners.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 06:03 PM
  #6
Mr_Jones*
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
Belanger is in the same boat as Cams and Brown, I believe. All are RFA. Not sure how that works, though.

Locks:
Demitra
Conroy
Frolov
Brown
Cammalleri
Armstrong
Belanger
(Cowan, Kost, Parros, Giuliano)

Gleason
Lubo
Sopel
Miller
Norstrom


????
Who will be brought up?
Kopitar - Probably. He's shown how well he can play with NHLers in the WC. May be a few weeks in the AHL wouldn't be such a bad idea, though. Just to get him acquanted with the NA game.
Kanko, Pushkarev, and Tukonen - May bes, though I doubt any are as ready as Anze.

Who will be brought back?
Avery - wouldn't mind if he can keep his emotions in check
Roenick- wouldn't mind for 1 million centering the 4th line and providing leadership and experience
Bure - wouldn't mind since the 1.5 million this season becomes a total waste and I think he's a solid player
Parrish - solid top six player. According to people that have supposedly spoken to him, he likes Los Angeles. For the right price (~3mil), would love to have him here.
Corvo - Pretty good offensive defenseman. Could go either way on him. Wouldn't mind if he stayed (~2mil), but wouldn't shed a tear if he left.

Sopel, Miller, and Norstrom
Every bone of my body yearns to get rid of them. Sopel's contract if ****ing ridiculous and Miller and Norstrom are old and not top pair defensemen anymore, imo. Get rid of them somehow and let Crawford decide who get the C (Lubo?, Gleason?, Pavol?, Conroy?).


Last edited by Mr_Jones*: 05-22-2006 at 06:12 PM.
Mr_Jones* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 06:12 PM
  #7
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby
I'm hoping that since he is so familiar with the Flyers that DL tries to get either Esche or Nittymaki. I would be happy with either guy as our #1 goaltender.
I disagree. Esche and Niittymaki are NOT an upgrade over Garon

About our lineup...
I have the feeling Lombardi will try to land a top notch DMan, Redden or Chara or Jovo would suit our needs. Niedermayer and Pronger did wonders to Anaheim and Edmonton...I believe the Kings will inquire about Bertuzzi but I'd prefer Elias, even though I'm not among the ones who despises Todd, not at all. A change of scenery could be good for him.

About Roenick...screw him. I don't give a S if he's ok with a 1 M$ deal and he comes back to center our 4th line. That's just a nonsense...leave that spot for a kid. I really hope Lombardi will find a way to trade both Miller and Armstrong, but Aaron's contract is huge.

It's gonna be a long and interesting Summer...


Last edited by Albi: 05-22-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 06:33 PM
  #8
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby
I'm hoping that since he is so familiar with the Flyers that DL tries to get either Esche or Nittymaki. I would be happy with either guy as our #1 goaltender.
Why would you be happy with Niittymaki when you're not with Garon? He's proven nothing more (and don't bother bringing up a silver medal or I'm going to pounce with a Cechmanek reference). In fact, Niittymaki's .895 SV% and 2.97 GAA this season aren't much different from the stats that you regularly trash Garon for. I really think that you have "grass in greener" syndrome.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 08:02 PM
  #9
Kearney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
I predict a MUCH more comprehensive house-cleaning than you guys suggest. DL has claimed a commitment to figuring out 'what went wrong'. Roenick and Avery are surely gone. I think everyone whose 2nd-half performance dropped off is going to be gone - Frolov, Demitra and Miller included - unless they've made a compelling case for themselves behind closed doors.

Kearney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 08:13 PM
  #10
Peter James Bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
I really hope Lombardi will find a way to trade both Miller and Armstrong, but Aaron's contract is huge.

It's gonna be a long and interesting Summer...
Does Armstrong still have a year left on his contract?! I thought he was a going to be a free agent.

Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 08:53 PM
  #11
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond
Does Armstrong still have a year left on his contract?! I thought he was a going to be a free agent.
Yes Armstrong still has a year left on his contract.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 08:55 PM
  #12
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
I think those of you who think the Kings are going to get Elias and Chara/Redden are just living in a fantasy world....the Kings would be lucky to come up with enough money to sign one of those 3......let alone 2 of 3.

Also wpgKings13.....there is absolutely, positively no way Elias would be on the 2nd line if he signed with the Kings.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 09:32 PM
  #13
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
I think those of you who think the Kings are going to get Elias and Chara/Redden are just living in a fantasy world....the Kings would be lucky to come up with enough money to sign one of those 3......let alone 2 of 3.

Also wpgKings13.....there is absolutely, positively no way Elias would be on the 2nd line if he signed with the Kings.
That was my fantasy roster, i think a Bure or another playmaking LW, to feed the puck to Cammy and have Parrish bang home the rebound, would be adequate.

They are more of a line 1 and line 1a sort of thing, i liked the chemistry between Frolov, Conroy, and Demitra seen earlier in the year.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 09:43 PM
  #14
Mr_Jones*
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearney
I think everyone whose 2nd-half performance dropped off is going to be gone - ....Demitra....
Uh, Demitra missed 24 of the final 39 games. Its hard to get momentum and play well like that.

Why do some people insist on cleaning house and starting over? Am I the only one who noticed that the Kings were one of the best teams during the first half of the year? Why would Deano want to "clean house" in a team that did that. What he has to do is figure out why there was such a huge fall and fix that.

(Hint: It was the injury to Demitra. Directly before Pavol's injury, the Kings were 9-1-1 (27-14-2 overall); directly after, the Kings were 3-9-3 (15-21-3 overall). What Dean/Marc have to do is either teach the team to win through injuries or get the team to stop being injured.)


Also, Kings fans here and at LGK seriously need to stop living in a fantasy world. Redden? Chara? Elias? Give me a break. WE AREN'T GETTING THEM. STOP PUTTING THEM IN YOUR VARIOUS LINE COMBOS. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. THE SOONER YOU REALIZE THAT, THE BETTER. STOP EMBARRASSING US NORMAL KINGS FANS WITH YOUR MAKE-BELIEVE WORLD.

Mr_Jones* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 09:55 PM
  #15
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,740
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Not to mention Frolov's injury...

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 09:57 PM
  #16
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Jones
Also, Kings fans here and at LGK seriously need to stop living in a fantasy world. Redden? Chara? Elias? Give me a break. WE AREN'T GETTING THEM. STOP PUTTING THEM IN YOUR VARIOUS LINE COMBOS. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. THE SOONER YOU REALIZE THAT, THE BETTER. STOP EMBARRASSING US NORMAL KINGS FANS WITH YOUR MAKE-BELIEVE WORLD.
Haha. Thanks, Mr. Jones. Someone had to say it.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 10:03 PM
  #17
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,018
vCash: 500
How is it unrealistic that the Kings are going to get one of those guys?

We have plenty of cap room, a big contract has left (JR), and I think most important, this team hasn't been in the playoffs since Spring 2002.

I'd actually be shocked if the Kings don't sign a big name UFA.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 10:19 PM
  #18
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby
How is it unrealistic that the Kings are going to get one of those guys?
It's possible, but very unlikely. For one, free agents usually stay within their conference, especially when it's all that they know. Elias, Chara and Redden have all spent their entire careers in the Eastern Conference. They're most likely to stay out there, and, even if they don't, it won't be all the way to the West Coast. The Kings will probably end up contenting themselves with free agents in the West or who have spent some of their career here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby
I'd actually be shocked if the Kings don't sign a big name UFA.
We likely all would be, but signing a big-name UFA doesn't mean signing the biggest names like Elias and Chara. The Kings will probably end up more with the Arnott/Blake/Nolan level of big-name, if they get one. Expecting more is likely setting oneself up for major disappointment.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 10:20 PM
  #19
RightKinger
Registered User
 
RightKinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,589
vCash: 500
Frolov-Conroy-Demitra
Brown-Bertuzzi-Cammalleri
Avery-Belanger-Pisani
Kanko-Kopitar-Kostopoulos

Kubina-Visnovsky
Gleason-Norstrom
Miller-Sopel

Garon
Raycroft

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 10:20 PM
  #20
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!
 
agentfouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Haha. Thanks, Mr. Jones. Someone had to say it.
not that it will stop the dreaming...

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 10:42 PM
  #21
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
It's possible, but very unlikely. For one, free agents usually stay within their conference, especially when it's all that they know. Elias, Chara and Redden have all spent their entire careers in the Eastern Conference. They're most likely to stay out there, and, even if they don't, it won't be all the way to the West Coast. The Kings will probably end up contenting themselves with free agents in the West or who have spent some of their career here.

Not to mention alot of the "big-name" free agents have said they want to go to teams dedicated to winning.......So far I would say the Kings have not proven to anyone that that description pertains to this organization.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 11:39 PM
  #22
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!
 
agentfouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Not to mention alot of the "big-name" free agents have said they want to go to teams dedicated to winning.......So far I would say the Kings have not proven to anyone that that description pertains to this organization.
yeah, but its really a whole new organization now with lombardi and crawford. those two are both winners, and highly regarded around the league. with that in mind, i don't see how the kings are at any significant disadvantage.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 11:43 PM
  #23
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
I disagree. Esche and Niittymaki are NOT an upgrade over Garon

About our lineup...
I have the feeling Lombardi will try to land a top notch DMan, Redden or Chara or Jovo would suit our needs. Niedermayer and Pronger did wonders to Anaheim and Edmonton...I believe the Kings will inquire about Bertuzzi but I'd prefer Elias, even though I'm not among the ones who despises Todd, not at all. A change of scenery could be good for him.

About Roenick...screw him. I don't give a S if he's ok with a 1 M$ deal and he comes back to center our 4th line. That's just a nonsense...leave that spot for a kid. I really hope Lombardi will find a way to trade both Miller and Armstrong, but Aaron's contract is huge.

It's gonna be a long and interesting Summer...
Slightly OT - Albi, your current avatar is disturbing as hell.

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 11:48 PM
  #24
Mr_Jones*
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
As far as major free agents, you also have to keep in mind that 28 or 29 other teams want them. Its not impossible, but for this and other reasons (mentioned above), it becomes very unlikely to land one.

And keep in mind that even if you do, you never know whats going to happen. Roenick and Bure were supposed to be top 6 players for us.


Last edited by Mr_Jones*: 05-22-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Mr_Jones* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 12:00 AM
  #25
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,740
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Although it's unlikely that the Kings would sign a top UFA like Chara, you have to think that with a new regime, and two of his best buddies on the team, Chara would take a long hard look at L.A.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.