HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2006-2007 lineup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-23-2006, 12:34 AM
  #26
Mr_Jones*
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
Thats true. IIRC, Chara paired with Lubo at the Olympics. I wouldn't mind Chara here (even if he is a bit of a dirty player) but not for the 7 million he'll command. Thats too much to spend on one player in a salary cap environment.

Mr_Jones* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 12:44 AM
  #27
nikolai19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Corona, CA
Country: Belarus
Posts: 2,338
vCash: 500
Bertuzzi-Conroy-Demitra
Frolov-Kopitar-Nolan
Brown-Cammalleri-Parrish
Avery-Belanger-Kostopolous/Parros

Sopel-Jovonovski
Miller-Gleason
Norstrom-Visnovsky

Garon
Grahame

I think we will be an entirely different team come September.

nikolai19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 12:47 AM
  #28
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 35,647
vCash: 500
Zdeno is going to command in excess of $6 million. Me thinks the Kings will be able to lure a less expensive top tier defenseman like Jovanovski or Blake, who would probably be going for $4M+ or so.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 01:15 AM
  #29
Pete Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mrs. Sauga
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 2,180
vCash: 500
I'm a little bit amazed that Kings fans are already putting Kopitar on the 2nd line and not even giving a guy like Tukonen a spot.

And who's this Nolan you guys keep talking about?

Pete Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 01:21 AM
  #30
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,727
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Rock
I'm a little bit amazed that Kings fans are already putting Kopitar on the 2nd line and not even giving a guy like Tukonen a spot.

And who's this Nolan you guys keep talking about?
Kopitar is the better prospect and further into development. As for the Nolan person people mean Owen Nolan.

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 01:49 AM
  #31
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Rock
I'm a little bit amazed that Kings fans are already putting Kopitar on the 2nd line and not even giving a guy like Tukonen a spot.

And who's this Nolan you guys keep talking about?
I admit that I'm being very presumptuous here, but I am very worried of Tukonen's reoccurring shoulder injuries. Even if it doesn't become a problem later on in his career, he needs to spend another season in Manchester.

As for my IDEAL/realistic line-up...

Samsonov - Conroy - Demitra: We finally have some good speed up front. I know there's the whole injury concern with Samsonov, but he's one of the best LW available as a UFA... and if he does get injured, it gives our youth a chance to step in.

Frolov - Kopitar - Cammalleri: Three young players who could develop a long time chemistry. Frolov and Kopitar add size and puck protection, giving the better shooter Cammalleri a chance to find an opening and shoot.

Brown - Belanger - Grier: Brown and Grier would be very good checking wingers, and Belanger has speed to give this line some balance.

Kanko/Pushkarev - Armstrong - Parros: Speed with Kanko/Pushkarev... physical play with Parros, and Armstrong who does cycle the puck well and is undervalued as a 4th liner.

Norstrom - Visnovsky: Appropriate, as they are our two top defenseman.
Miller - Jovanovski: The china doll pairing... I know... but Miller's mean and defensive game compliments Jovanovski's offensive game.

Gleason - McKee: Gleason finally has a chance to tap into his offensive potential with defensive stalwart McKee as his partner. At worst, it's a solid physical pairing to wear down the opposition.

Garon: His inconsistent season, in my opinion, is merely a reflection of an inconsistent team. He was NOT the problem.
Lalime: Hate on him all you want, but the guy has good numbers for the playoffs, wants the #1 job (so him and Garon would compete well for it), and would be pretty cheap.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 02:54 AM
  #32
Pete Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mrs. Sauga
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 2,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
. . . As for the Nolan person people mean Owen Nolan.
I had guessed that, but I'm not sure if Nolan even wants to come back to the NHL. Also, as a Leafs fan, I can assure you that his play will be wonderful and only eclipsed by the amount of games he's injured for.

Didn't you guys have enough of that for the past two seasons?

Pete Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 03:46 AM
  #33
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Rock
I had guessed that, but I'm not sure if Nolan even wants to come back to the NHL.
Nolan tried to return in February, but didn't for some reason (his doctors probably told him to wait until Fall). The reason why a lot of people think that the Kings may sign him is that Lombardi knows him well from the Sharks (traded for him, in fact) and Crawford has coached him twice before. I would think that these things (plus being in California, where he probably has a home, thanks to the Sharks) make the Kings the most desirable destination for Nolan, and Lombardi would have a hard time turning down the cheap Selanne-ish contract that Owen would have to sign for.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 04:29 AM
  #34
I Am Ziggy Palffy
Registered User
 
I Am Ziggy Palffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Nolan tried to return in February, but didn't for some reason (his doctors probably told him to wait until Fall). The reason why a lot of people think that the Kings may sign him is that Lombardi knows him well from the Sharks (traded for him, in fact) and Crawford has coached him twice before. I would think that these things (plus being in California, where he probably has a home, thanks to the Sharks) make the Kings the most desirable destination for Nolan, and Lombardi would have a hard time turning down the cheap Selanne-ish contract that Owen would have to sign for.
Nolan's an interesting option...though just too much uncerainty surrounding him for us to get too excited about...i'm assuming he would be 33(?), and probably cannot play the same power game he once did...but if he does come back and play a similar game, then a guy like Bertuzzi would probbaly be out of the picture since it would be a bit redundant

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 05:00 AM
  #35
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,755
vCash: 500
The Kings will sign Chara if Ottawa doesn't.

Hear me now, believe me later. I'm here to PUMP! <clap> YOU UP!

Ya bunch of little girlie men.

__________________
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 11:20 AM
  #36
Kearney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Jones
Why do some people insist on cleaning house and starting over?
Because we don't feel like finishing 10th again. We will finish 10th again if we keep the same top 6 forwards, or even 5 of the 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Jones
Am I the only one who noticed that the Kings were one of the best teams during the first half of the year?
By that logic we should just keep everyone including Andy Murray. We were one of the worst teams during the second half.

Kearney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 01:59 PM
  #37
devilinto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
Well I have been a kings fan for a long time to and i just dont know what they should do. I would sign Blake for chaep. Try real hard to get Luongo. Maybe Lindros for less than a million wontbe tobad. Leave Nolan alone. He has been gone to lOng. Lindros got messed up this year with that dumb injury.

The Key would be to get Luongo. The team would really change. I like Garon. Is he as good as Luongo? No chance.

THe Key hereis to get rid of wasted salary. Roenick and Bure will clear up some money. If they could get some guys that stay healthy.

Just look at they damn Ducks. They sucked early in the year and have made it into the semis.

Bottom line is alot of changes have to be done. We have a good core. If Lombardi brings in the right guys the kings could make it far in the West. Anaheim vs edmonton??

Where are the Red Wings? The Stars? The Sens?

The team has to gel!

devilinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 10:22 AM
  #38
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSFANINTO
Well I have been a kings fan for a long time to and i just dont know what they should do. I would sign Blake for chaep. Try real hard to get Luongo. Maybe Lindros for less than a million wontbe tobad. Leave Nolan alone. He has been gone to lOng. Lindros got messed up this year with that dumb injury.

The Key would be to get Luongo. The team would really change. I like Garon. Is he as good as Luongo? No chance.

THe Key hereis to get rid of wasted salary. Roenick and Bure will clear up some money. If they could get some guys that stay healthy.

Just look at they damn Ducks. They sucked early in the year and have made it into the semis.

Bottom line is alot of changes have to be done. We have a good core. If Lombardi brings in the right guys the kings could make it far in the West. Anaheim vs edmonton??

Where are the Red Wings? The Stars? The Sens?

The team has to gel!
Yes, let's upgrade a position that is already solid using a position we need improvements on. It will take WAAAY too much to get Luongo, and will have to give up some top 6 forward's and likely a defenseman. For Lunogo it will likely be a deal like this:

To Los Angeles:
G Roberto Luongo

To Florida:
G Mathieu Garon
LW Alexander Frolov
D Aaron Miller or D Mattias Norstrom
2007 1st Round Pick (LA) or 2007 2nd Round Pick (LA)

If i was Florida, that is what i would ask for Luongo. Are you willing to give that up to get Luongo? IMO, we would then become the Florida Panthers, a great goalie with nothing to go along with him.


Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 05-24-2006 at 10:30 AM.
Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 11:08 AM
  #39
Olly2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Dustin Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
I admit that I'm being very presumptuous here, but I am very worried of Tukonen's reoccurring shoulder injuries. Even if it doesn't become a problem later on in his career, he needs to spend another season in Manchester.

As for my IDEAL/realistic line-up...

Samsonov - Conroy - Demitra: We finally have some good speed up front. I know there's the whole injury concern with Samsonov, but he's one of the best LW available as a UFA... and if he does get injured, it gives our youth a chance to step in.

Frolov - Kopitar - Cammalleri: Three young players who could develop a long time chemistry. Frolov and Kopitar add size and puck protection, giving the better shooter Cammalleri a chance to find an opening and shoot.

Brown - Belanger - Grier: Brown and Grier would be very good checking wingers, and Belanger has speed to give this line some balance.

Kanko/Pushkarev - Armstrong - Parros: Speed with Kanko/Pushkarev... physical play with Parros, and Armstrong who does cycle the puck well and is undervalued as a 4th liner.

Norstrom - Visnovsky: Appropriate, as they are our two top defenseman.
Miller - Jovanovski: The china doll pairing... I know... but Miller's mean and defensive game compliments Jovanovski's offensive game.

Gleason - McKee: Gleason finally has a chance to tap into his offensive potential with defensive stalwart McKee as his partner. At worst, it's a solid physical pairing to wear down the opposition.

Garon: His inconsistent season, in my opinion, is merely a reflection of an inconsistent team. He was NOT the problem.
Lalime: Hate on him all you want, but the guy has good numbers for the playoffs, wants the #1 job (so him and Garon would compete well for it), and would be pretty cheap.
After seeing what Crawford did with Bertuzzi and the Sedins, I doubt that Brown will be on the checking line. He will play on the top 2 lines and probably contribute a 25 goal season. He is going into this 4th pro season and more is to be expected.

I see the top 3 lines as follows

Frolov-Conroy-Demitra
Brown-Free Agent/Kopitar-Cammaleri
Bure V - Kopitar/Armstrong - Tukonen

Olly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 01:44 PM
  #40
taylorguitars
Registered User
 
taylorguitars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
It's possible, but very unlikely. For one, free agents usually stay within their conference, especially when it's all that they know. Elias, Chara and Redden have all spent their entire careers in the Eastern Conference. They're most likely to stay out there, and, even if they don't, it won't be all the way to the West Coast. The Kings will probably end up contenting themselves with free agents in the West or who have spent some of their career here.We likely all would be, but signing a big-name UFA doesn't mean signing the biggest names like Elias and Chara. The Kings will probably end up more with the Arnott/Blake/Nolan level of big-name, if they get one. Expecting more is likely setting oneself up for major disappointment.

I honestly believe the only 2 places in the western conference Elias would cosider are Vancouver or LA. He's stated in many interviews that he loves the big city life, yeah Chicago falls into that category but lets face it he's not going to leave a perennial powerhouse to go there. Dallas I believe is the 4th or 5th largest city in the country, but as a city doesn't offer the same things that NY or LA can. I am not naive enough to believe that Elias is going to base even 25% of his decision on what a city has to offer, but it will play a factor in him leaving the eastern conf.

taylorguitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 08:37 PM
  #41
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,793
vCash: 500
I already posted my fantasy roster so ill post a more realistic roster.

Frolov-Conroy-Demitra
Samsonov-Cammalleri-Parrish
S.Thornton-Bélanger-Brown
Kanko-Armstrong-Koustopoulos
Spares: Parros,

Norstrom-Visnovsky
Sopel-Jovanovski
Gleason-Miller
Spares: Petiot

Garon
Labarbera

Ill probably get ripped for not having Kopitar there, but i am a strong supporter of letting the kids get quality minutes in the AHL before rushing them into the NHL. I Kopitar can make it into the top 2 lines next year, i say put him there, but he will likely need time to adjust to playing in NA, so i say let him do it in AHL, rather than getting no minutes in the NHL. Any injuries to the top 6 forwards and Kopitar will be on the first plane to LA. Anyways,

I loved the chemistry of Frolov-Conroy-Demitra and think they would make a very solid 1a line again next year. 1b will be a couple of goalscorers, the amazing shot of Cammy, the garbage out front of Parrish, and a nice playmaker in Samsonov. Ive watched him play often since the trade, and do not really think the Oilers will let him go, but if he is let go the Kings should go after him. He is a more complete player than given credit for, plus when he wants to can make some amazing plays happen.

S.Thornton will add some much needed grit to the bottom lines, plus the 3rd line could chip in a solid amount of scoring to go with some solid defensive play. Fourth line will be solid as well, agitator and speed with Kanko, solid twoway play of TK, plus the solid fourth liner(bad 2nd liner) Armstrong.

Matty and Lubo will be a decent 1st line pairing, then reunite the VCR teammates in Sopel and Jovo. Jovo is a very good defenseman and will cover for Sopel well. Gleason is still prone to making some defensive zone mistakes, and Miller's solid defensive play should cover for that.

Garon is only going to get better with experience, and Labarbera was VERY good till the personal reasons departure and shoudl return to form next year. Already proved he can dominate the AHL, and will be a solid 25-30 game guy.


Yah, we have to keep Miller's and Sopel's contract in this scenario, but we only add Samsonov, Jovanovski, and S. Thornton.
Samsonov = 4 million
Jovanovski = 4.5 million
S. Thornton = 1 million
9.5 million with the expected cap raise the Kings SHOULD be under the cap, but i do not have the exact numbers.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2006, 02:49 AM
  #42
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,504
vCash: 500
If the Kings are able to land a guy like Chara or Jovanoski and a character type power forward in Owen Nolan or Todd Bertuzzi, this team would get a lot better. Add a veteran goalie and I think we would be set.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2006, 09:40 AM
  #43
guzmania
Registered User
 
guzmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: SCV
Country: United States
Posts: 2,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorguitars
I honestly believe the only 2 places in the western conference Elias would cosider are Vancouver or LA. He's stated in many interviews that he loves the big city life, yeah Chicago falls into that category but lets face it he's not going to leave a perennial powerhouse to go there. Dallas I believe is the 4th or 5th largest city in the country, but as a city doesn't offer the same things that NY or LA can. I am not naive enough to believe that Elias is going to base even 25% of his decision on what a city has to offer, but it will play a factor in him leaving the eastern conf.
San Jose is minutes from The City. San Francisco is as metropolitan as Manhattan and a hell of a lot nicer. LA is Hicksville by comparison. (Sorry Long Islanders.) We are just a conglomeration of suburbs. I love both towns for what they are. Born in Norcal, live and work in Socal.

guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2006, 10:50 AM
  #44
Snap Wilson
Registered User
 
Snap Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
It's possible, but very unlikely. For one, free agents usually stay within their conference, especially when it's all that they know. Elias, Chara and Redden have all spent their entire careers in the Eastern Conference. They're most likely to stay out there, and, even if they don't, it won't be all the way to the West Coast.
Mr. Osprey? A Scott Niedermayer is on the phone...? I'll put Mr. Forsberg on hold.

Snap Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2006, 11:32 AM
  #45
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyp
I'll put Mr. Forsberg on hold.
You do remember Forsberg starting his career in the Eastern Conference before his team moved right?

  Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2006, 11:45 AM
  #46
Snap Wilson
Registered User
 
Snap Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
You do remember Forsberg starting his career in the Eastern Conference before his team moved right?
You mean that one lockout-shortened year? Eleven years ago? The point is that free agents change conferences all the time.

Snap Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2006, 11:47 AM
  #47
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyp
You mean that one lockout-shortened year? Eleven years ago? The point is that free agents change conferences all the time.
and if you notice, Osprey said "usually stay" not always. Usually. Of course there are exceptions. But he is right they usually stay in the same conference.

  Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2006, 12:34 PM
  #48
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania
San Jose is minutes from The City. San Francisco is as metropolitan as Manhattan and a hell of a lot nicer. LA is Hicksville by comparison. (Sorry Long Islanders.) We are just a conglomeration of suburbs. I love both towns for what they are. Born in Norcal, live and work in Socal.

San Jose is a little more than minutes away from the city. I'm sure most of the players have to live in San Jose anyways. What about night life..? They have to make that trek the city all the time...Isn't like 30-45 minutes.

Or, they can sign with LA, live in Manhattan Beach, one of the top 3 beach communities in all of SoCal, be close to the airport, be close to the training center, and have access to the beach, nice restauarants and not really have to drink and drive to get home after a night on the town...Uh..tough decision....

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2006, 12:51 PM
  #49
Snap Wilson
Registered User
 
Snap Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,838
vCash: 500
FWIW, I think you guys will land one of the big ones, just like you did last year in Demitra. As the poster above me says, it's a nice location. Now, the benefits of living in L.A. that a player might be looking forward to may not necessarily reflect the kind of character that you want on a hockey team, but...

Snap Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2006, 01:20 PM
  #50
guzmania
Registered User
 
guzmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: SCV
Country: United States
Posts: 2,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
San Jose is a little more than minutes away from the city. I'm sure most of the players have to live in San Jose anyways. What about night life..? They have to make that trek the city all the time...Isn't like 30-45 minutes.

Or, they can sign with LA, live in Manhattan Beach, one of the top 3 beach communities in all of SoCal, be close to the airport, be close to the training center, and have access to the beach, nice restauarants and not really have to drink and drive to get home after a night on the town...Uh..tough decision....
You're a slaps and shorts kind of guy. Right on, right on. But that ain't exactly metropolitan. The other south bay is pretty nice too. Ain't Denver, or Pheonix for example.

guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.