HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary-NY Islander proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2003, 08:02 PM
Michalek

vCash: 500
Calgary-NY Islander proposal

hey guys
How about this idea:
To Islanders D Denis Gauthier ( solid #4/5 stay at home D) and RW Chris Clark ( local kid, dependable 4th liner).
To Calgary: D Cairns 9 He would be od man out if Gauthier would come to CGY) and RW Parrish ( isnt he on the bubble in NYY surely could use him)

In this deal CGY would ad soe scoring . They need scoring badly if they want to make PO
Isles would upgrate their solid already D.
Any opinions?

If this one doesnt work how about Parrish for Gauthier straight?

Old
11-03-2003, 08:05 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
With their big 3 i doubt the Isles want to trade a scoring weapon like Parrish for a d-man .

Old
11-03-2003, 08:07 PM
Flamesfan 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michalek
hey guys
How about this idea:
To Islanders D Denis Gauthier ( solid #4/5 stay at home D) and RW Chris Clark ( local kid, dependable 4th liner).
To Calgary: D Cairns 9 He would be od man out if Gauthier would come to CGY) and RW Parrish ( isnt he on the bubble in NYY surely could use him)

In this deal CGY would ad soe scoring . They need scoring badly if they want to make PO
Any opinions?

Too much salary going Calgarys way change Parrish for Scatchard and a pick and it would be equal

Old
11-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Those deals are not that far fetched, however, I do not think NYI will be making any moves of significance until possibly later in the year. Parrish is having a mediocre start, but the team is doing just fine, and has no pressing needs at the moment. That could (and likely will) change over time. Clark really would be of no use whatsoever to NYI. If NYI were to make any move for a forward, it would likely be for an offensive generator to stick on Peca's wing, not a plugger.

Forget Scatchard for Gauthier. Guy is too valuable to what NYI is trying to accomplish.

Old
11-03-2003, 08:09 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
hey guys
How about this idea:

Any opinions?

Isles would probably love to have a hitter like Guathier,but they'd have no interest in Clark.They have a surplus of cheap,young forwards they are trying to find icetime for.

I hope the nyi would pass on Parrish for Guathier.

I'm surprised Calgary team wants the slow skating Cairns.

Old
11-03-2003, 08:18 PM
Jones23

Quote:

Isles do have a need for a physical defender,(basically an upgrade of Cairns)but they aren't in a seriousness enough of a need to trade a second line winger for a 5th,6th d-man.Parrish may be inconsistent but he's proven to be a 20-30 goal scorer that's gritty and does alot a little things that go un-noticed.(screens,taking hits,tips)

What about?

Cairns and Wiemer or Asham

for

Gauthier.

Old
11-03-2003, 09:22 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
how about a combo of deals... maybe

martinek and parrish to calgary for kobasew or saprykin and gauthier..

then the isles can afford to trade one of their big four, probably hamrlik for a good young scorer to replace parrish, and might possibly get more out of the deal then just one player, maybe a forward/dman combo for roman and a pick..

meh

Old
11-04-2003, 12:00 AM
Ozy_Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora's box

then the isles can afford to trade one of their big four, probably hamrlik for a good young scorer to replace parrish, and might possibly get more out of the deal then just one player, maybe a forward/dman combo for roman and a pick..

meh

Man, that's ugly. Martinek is not some uber-prospect like some of you make him out to be, and Parrish has his own consistency problems. Likewise, Gauthier and Kobe / Sappy have their deficiencies too, but a player like Kobe could at least fetch Parrish in return straight up. That leaves Martinek for Gauthier, to which I say "HELL NO!"

Old
11-04-2003, 12:25 AM
andora

kobasew for parrish, straight?.. you claim that the isles would do it straight.. ?..

THAT, is ugly..

parrish is a twenty goal man, kobasew is so far a what? 3 or 4 goal man.. it's a proven commodity that scores 20 goals vs an unproven commodity.. plain and simple.. it isn't ugly

Old
11-04-2003, 12:26 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Kobasew is a bluechip prospect not a 3 or 4 goal man .

Old
11-04-2003, 12:27 AM
andora

sigh, who isn't

Old
11-04-2003, 12:29 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Brendan Bell , Kiel McLeod

Kobasek 2003-04 Calgary Flames NHL 10 2 3 5

Old
11-04-2003, 01:03 AM
ForeignFlame

Quote:
Seeing that his lack of faith in Saprykin's abilities has once again come to the fore, BR would be all over that deal in a second! :p

Old
11-04-2003, 08:00 AM
disles1

While the isles may not make a trade right now I think Cal/isles have the makings of good trade partners. I also believe that with the strong start of Hunter and some of the other younger isles that the isles will indeed trade Parrish before the season is over. That said Gauthier will not be enough of a return for Parrish straight up. How about Warrener for Parrish? Cal gets the scoring it needs and the isles get a tough dman they need. The salaries are close 1.8 to 2.3 and I think this would be a fair deal for both teams. Now I realize that Cal just traded for Warrener but you had Drury for only one season as well and you do need some scoring. What do you think??

Old
11-04-2003, 08:25 AM
IslesFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by disles1
While the isles may not make a trade right now I think Cal/isles have the makings of good trade partners. I also believe that with the strong start of Hunter and some of the other younger isles that the isles will indeed trade Parrish before the season is over. That said Gauthier will not be enough of a return for Parrish straight up. How about Warrener for Parrish? Cal gets the scoring it needs and the isles get a tough dman they need. The salaries are close 1.8 to 2.3 and I think this would be a fair deal for both teams. Now I realize that Cal just traded for Warrener but you had Drury for only one season as well and you do need some scoring. What do you think??
I'd rather have Gauthier then Warrener.............

Old
11-04-2003, 08:37 AM
disles1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFan17
I'd rather have Gauthier then Warrener.............
I think Warrener is a top 4 dman while Gauthier is a # 5. The salaries also don't match 2.3 vs 1.3--Cal would not take on that much salary.

Old
11-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
sigh, who isn't
I know what you mean. The common consensus around here is that potential is so much greater than something that has been proven.

Old
11-04-2003, 09:52 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
hey guys
How about this idea:

Any opinions?

Pass. I like Gauthier but he is often injured and basically a #5 dman. He would certainly not crack our top four. Giving up a #2 winger, especially a gritty fellow like Parrish for a number 5 dman would be a big step backwards.

Clark would be of no interest whatsoever. I wound't do the Cairns for Clark end of this either. Neither has much ability, but Cairns at least plays a role we need.

If Gauthier was on the table, I'd offer up guys like Wiemer, Bates, and even Hunter.

11-04-2003, 09:56 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

meh

I understand your reasoning. But, the Isles are playing quite well right now. Why would they want all that upheval? Also, Hamrlik to Gauthier is a huge, huge downgrade.

As for the discussion about Warrener, I don't see Calgary moving him and I think his trade value is higher than Parrish's. You're talking about a pretty solid defense dmen who could play in the top four on nearly any team in the NHL. Guys like that don't get traded easily and Calgary had to overpay to get him in the first place.

Old
11-04-2003, 09:58 AM
the future

what about nyi: gauthier/mcammond

cal gets: blake/weimer

burn baby burn

Old
11-04-2003, 10:00 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
Man, that's ugly. Martinek is not some uber-prospect like some of you make him out to be, and Parrish has his own consistency problems. Likewise, Gauthier and Kobe / Sappy have their deficiencies too, but a player like Kobe could at least fetch Parrish in return straight up. That leaves Martinek for Gauthier, to which I say "HELL NO!"

I wouldn't trade any of the Isles top nine forwards for "Kobe."

No, you could not get Parrish for that guy. I don't think you could even get Wiemer for him.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:02 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the future
what about nyi: gauthier/mcammond

cal gets: blake/weimer

burn baby burn

Pass.

Again, the Isles don't need Gauthier. They have eight dman under one-way NHL contracts. He'd be nice to have, but not a guy they would give up anything substantial for.

You are removing our second line LW, and our toughest forward and giving back a more marginal forward who has basically never been successful anywhere but Calgary.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:07 AM
flamesfanont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I wouldn't trade any of the Isles top nine forwards for "Kobe."

No, you could not get Parrish for that guy. I don't think you could even get Wiemer for him.
Your joking right? You would not trade a one dimensional streaky scorer in Parrish for a solid young player who will end up putting up better numbers then Parrish plus take care of his own zone in Kobasew? Laughable! Well at least we agree on something as I would not trade "Kobe" for any of the Islanders top nine fowards either.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:15 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfanont
Your joking right? You would not trade a one dimensional streaky scorer in Parrish for a solid young player who will end up putting up better numbers then Parrish plus take care of his own zone in Kobasew? Laughable! Well at least we agree on something as I would not trade "Kobe" for any of the Islanders top nine fowards either.

Yet another biased fan who think the rest of the NHL shares his overly optimistic evaluation of a prospect.

Kobasew has not even shown he can score 10 goals in the NHL on a consistent basis. Parrish has had multiple 20 goal seasons and one 30 goal season.

As I've said before, Kobasew may or may not be the prospect you guys suggest he is. But, the Isles are trying to make the playoffs NOW. So, I wouldn't trade any of my top nine forwards for Kobasew, and certainly not Parrish.

Old
11-04-2003, 10:18 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfanont
I would not trade "Kobe" for any of the Islanders top nine fowards either.

BTW, this last part of your post if flat out ridiculous.

Maybe you wouldn't trade Kobasew for Peca, Parrish, Scatchard, or Kvasha, but I'd wager that your GM would be more than happy to drive this Kobasew to the airport if he could pull of a deal like that.

Closed Thread