HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers article for my school newspaper

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 05:29 PM
Nikkowar

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
Flyers article for my school newspaper

The red lights go off,the people in the Wachovia Center rise from their seats,and Mark Recchi throws his hands in triumph as he scores the first goal of the season.
Yep,it's that time again.
The Philadelphia Flyers 2003-2004 season began last month,and it's already looking like silver. Gone is the name First Union Center,and gone are the chants for erratic goalie Roman Cechmanek. They have been replaced with chants for the new goalies Jeff Hackett and Robert Esche. When Hackett signed with the Flyers this past summer,many Flyers fans(including myself) were skeptical. This was a man with a career record of 158-236 and with a GAA of 2.93. But then again,he had terrible teams like Chicago,Boston and Montreal in front of him. On his first game of the season,agaibst Buffalo,he had a 2-0 shutout. Then came the praise. He was the talk of the town,and maybe,just maybe the fans were wrong about Hackett. Then came the downfall. After the infamous shutout,he was 2-2 with a GAA of 2.44. As he sat on the bench,a new star began to rise. Esche went 3-1 with a GAA of 1.77 following a dismal game against Pittsburgh in which he threw away a 3-0 lead. In the month of October,the Flyers went 4-3-3,while scoring a total of 26 goals in 11 games.This season,behind the blue line is much hyped rookie wonder Joni Pitkanen,who has been dubbed,"The new Bobby Orr" by some. So far,he has lived up to the hype with 2 goals,5 assists,and a plus/minus rating of 8. But,the biggest suprize is Justin Williams. No one expected him to rise up so early following major knee surgery 10 months ago. After being put in a line with Michal Handzus and John LeClair,they're been the hottest line on the Flyers,with a total of 10 goals,14 assists,and a plus/minus rating of 11. Coming on a 'slow' start(again) is Simon Gagné,the big named star of the team that leaves Flyers fans with mixed feelings. After getting off-season sugery,the fans thought that he would be the Gagné of 2001-2002,when he scored 33 goals,but like last season,he was injured early,injuring his right shoulder. He was out for 3 games. As of now,he has 2 goals,4 assists,and a plus/minus rating of 2 in 11 games. His name was thrown around in countless trade offerings-most noticably,Jarome Iginla,the high scoring winger of the Calgary Flames.,but GM Bob Clarke said that Gagné is untouchable. That means that he's a Flyer,whether you like it or not. As November begins,the team only means one thing:destruction to those in their way. The beginning looked hopeful for our Orange and Black,but remember,it's only the beginning. And as always,
LET'S GO FLYERS!

so what do you think? What do I need to change?

Old
11-06-2003, 03:31 AM
BrindA17

Send a message via AIM to BrindA17
I guess I'll be first to respond. I'm not a writer, by any means, so I'm not going to criticize the content. Just watch your punctuation and spacing after a comma (", "). And I'm not sure about using the word "Yep" in an article.

Other than that, it looks and sounds good to me . Nice job!

Old
11-06-2003, 10:24 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
If your going to be correct with the actual record it is 4-2-3-1 in October. But it is a pretty good article. I'm sure you can clean up the punctuation but the content of the story is real good. Good Job.

Old
11-06-2003, 12:47 PM
Teezax

looks good, watch the typos as well... but for the most part, a good read and I wouldn't be shy about reading it again.

Old
11-06-2003, 03:25 PM
FearTheFlyers

Sweet! Go FLyers!!

Closed Thread