HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Colin Forbes signed to a 2-way deal...

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2003, 08:30 AM
DaleHunter

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Colin Forbes signed to a 2-way deal...

He's been the "best forward" in Portland this year (according to management). He was one of the best last year too... He's got decent size, good grinding ability and would be a good fit on the 4th with maybe a few tries on the 2nd. Anyone who watches Portland regularly wanna comment?

I wouldn't mind seeing him recalled to replace Willsie and Miller in the lineup. Though I don't think we'll be seeing Miller sent down since he makes $900K whether he's in DC or in Portland. Nobody grabbed him when we put him on waivers last week either.

Old
11-05-2003, 09:12 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
congrats to forbes.

11-05-2003, 01:23 PM
jr77812

Just think what Whitfield and Forbes would do with a real winger on their line instead of Ciernik. He makes me sick with his play. -6 so far this season. I feel bad when I see Forbes and Whit rushing up the ice and Ciernik coasting to the bench for a change. I know Army has to play him but I hope he won't take his BS too much longer.

Old
11-05-2003, 01:24 PM
ashaddcola

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter
He's been the "best forward" in Portland this year (according to management). He was one of the best last year too... He's got decent size, good grinding ability and would be a good fit on the 4th with maybe a few tries on the 2nd. Anyone who watches Portland regularly wanna comment?

I wouldn't mind seeing him recalled to replace Willsie and Miller in the lineup. Though I don't think we'll be seeing Miller sent down since he makes $900K whether he's in DC or in Portland. Nobody grabbed him when we put him on waivers last week either.
I thought since the article said he could go to any NHL team if they came calling it meant he signed an AHL contract and not a two-way.....not saying I am right but that was my interpretation of that condition.......

Closed Thread