HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

New Lines...again?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2003, 02:29 AM
  #1
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,162
vCash: 500
New Lines...again?

Another game, another new set of lines to look for. They do change every night, right? Cassidy even comments that these lines might not last long. What a shock.
Bondra-Lang-Jagr
Willsie(would rather have Peat?)-Zubrus-Semin
Grier-Halpern-Battaglia
Sutherby-Gordon-Peat
Miller-scratch, Pettinger-concussion

txpd is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 04:47 AM
  #2
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
Another game, another new set of lines to look for. They do change every night, right? Cassidy even comments that these lines might not last long. What a shock.
Bondra-Lang-Jagr
Willsie(would rather have Peat?)-Zubrus-Semin
Grier-Halpern-Battaglia
Sutherby-Gordon-Peat
Miller-scratch, Pettinger-concussion

Like the first line

Peat on the 2nd? Don't like that too much. Like the 3rd and 4th line. Wish Suts would take that 2nd line spot, and throw Wilsie on the 4th.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 05:29 AM
  #3
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon
Like the first line

Peat on the 2nd? Don't like that too much. Like the 3rd and 4th line. Wish Suts would take that 2nd line spot, and throw Wilsie on the 4th.
The Peat mention was just response to a post on the Peat thread where its mentioned that Peat deserves a regular shift more than Willsie does.
Sutherby on the 2nd line? I would like to see him make a play at somepoint this year before I consider him for a spot on a scoring line.
He has been invisible as an offensive force of anykind so far this year.
He has been invisible on the score sheet. I can take that to some extent. Halpern has at least gotten some chances and come close. Grier as well. I am not sure I can recall a situation where Sutherby has even threatened to score a goal.

txpd is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 07:10 AM
  #4
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
usiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Malaz City
Country: San Marino
Posts: 9,876
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
The Peat mention was just response to a post on the Peat thread where its mentioned that Peat deserves a regular shift more than Willsie does.
Sutherby on the 2nd line? I would like to see him make a play at somepoint this year before I consider him for a spot on a scoring line.
He has been invisible as an offensive force of anykind so far this year.
He has been invisible on the score sheet. I can take that to some extent. Halpern has at least gotten some chances and come close. Grier as well. I am not sure I can recall a situation where Sutherby has even threatened to score a goal.
I'm with you on the overall lack of chances that Sutherby has had. Maybe he is just trying not to make a mistake and get scored on so his O is lacking. I would hope that he does get a chance to play on the 2nd line where scoring would be his priority.

__________________
True Story™®©
usiel is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 07:38 AM
  #5
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel
I'm with you on the overall lack of chances that Sutherby has had. Maybe he is just trying not to make a mistake and get scored on so his O is lacking. I would hope that he does get a chance to play on the 2nd line where scoring would be his priority.
He has played on the both the 1st and 2nd lines at one point or another this season. He has played with Jagr. He has played with Lang. He has centered Bondra and Grier. of course as with all line combinations it was for short duration. I have not seen any offensive spark from him. Nor have I seen any from Gordon after the 2nd game of the year. The only one of the young guys that is creating offensive chances is Semin. Sutherby, Gordon, Eminger, Willsie have shown little. Pettinger has two goals, but both of those were so soft that had they not gone in they would not have been considered scoring chances.

Its also very clear that after Gonchar there is ZERO offense from the blue line.

txpd is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 08:25 AM
  #6
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,662
vCash: 500
correct

The only one of the young guys that is creating offensive chances is Semin.



Yeah for one game, he did.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 08:52 AM
  #7
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon
The only one of the young guys that is creating offensive chances is Semin.

Yeah for one game, he did.
no...actually he made a very nice play that in a Robert Lang goal in Montreal. He had two very nice chances on the power play in Dallas.
I think he has been pretty consistant regards to creating offense.

txpd is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 09:18 AM
  #8
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
usiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Malaz City
Country: San Marino
Posts: 9,876
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
He has played on the both the 1st and 2nd lines at one point or another this season. He has played with Jagr. He has played with Lang. He has centered Bondra and Grier. of course as with all line combinations it was for short duration. I have not seen any offensive spark from him. Nor have I seen any from Gordon after the 2nd game of the year. The only one of the young guys that is creating offensive chances is Semin. Sutherby, Gordon, Eminger, Willsie have shown little. Pettinger has two goals, but both of those were so soft that had they not gone in they would not have been considered scoring chances.

Its also very clear that after Gonchar there is ZERO offense from the blue line.
Do you think his offensive skills are overhyped? I've only seen sutherby have a few good shots and that was early on and I wouldn't characterize them as good scoring chances.

Semin definitely has created some good chances. Yeah he still gets muscled off the puck along the boards and he still need to know when he needs to dump it down the boards but right now I can't really see a reason why Cassidy should NOT play him.

usiel is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 09:49 AM
  #9
Disco Volante
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 2nd to FloydianSlip
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
Willsie(would rather have Peat?)-Zubrus-Semin
Should play Battaglia or Grier on LW and keep the guy thinking "backcheck! backcheck!"

Disco Volante is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 09:51 AM
  #10
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel
Do you think his offensive skills are overhyped? I've only seen sutherby have a few good shots and that was early on and I wouldn't characterize them as good scoring chances.

Semin definitely has created some good chances. Yeah he still gets muscled off the puck along the boards and he still need to know when he needs to dump it down the boards but right now I can't really see a reason why Cassidy should NOT play him.
I am only speculating but I think Cassidy was trying to avoid using Semin against the NHL elite and on the road. I don't think Cassidy wanted to throw Semin out in a offensive slump leaning on him to be the spark either.

I think they wanted to go slow

txpd is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 10:04 AM
  #11
DaleHunter
Registered User
 
DaleHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 588
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
Another game, another new set of lines to look for. They do change every night, right? Cassidy even comments that these lines might not last long. What a shock.
Bondra-Lang-Jagr
Willsie(would rather have Peat?)-Zubrus-Semin
Grier-Halpern-Battaglia
Sutherby-Gordon-Peat
Miller-scratch, Pettinger-concussion

The Peat mention was just response to a post on the Peat thread where its mentioned that Peat deserves a regular shift more than Willsie does.
You know... most people put responses to posts in the same thread as the original post... but whatever. And please, if you're going to paraphrase someone, do it accurately... I said Peat deserves to be DRESSED over Willsie. Willsie is just a Metropolit with another inch or two. Before the last couple games, Willsie, whenever dressed would be on the fourth line, in the place of Peat. I don't think either Willsie or Peat deserves to be on the 2nd, except on a spot shift or two. So don't put words in my mouth. I'd rather see Sutherby or Gordon up on the 2nd line before Willsie.

Now back to the main point of the post I think this could possibly be Cassidy's worst combos yet. But he seems like he's reached the "grasping at straws" point. Bondra hasn't ever shown any chemstry with Jagr and the Semin/Zubrus/Bondra line was showing some promise the other night. Not sure why you'd break it up so quickly... oh wait... I know... because Cassidy is a MORON.

DaleHunter is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 01:04 PM
  #12
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,662
vCash: 500
bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
no...actually he made a very nice play that in a Robert Lang goal in Montreal. He had two very nice chances on the power play in Dallas.
I think he has been pretty consistant regards to creating offense.

I disagree...you're defiantely the most pro-Semin guy here.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 04:55 PM
  #13
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon
I disagree...you're defiantely the most pro-Semin guy here.
Two assists tonight. I've got no complaints with that description. 5 games...4 pts in limited ice time when he gets in the line up. Stuff happens when that guy is playing.

txpd is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 05:03 PM
  #14
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,852
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
Two assists tonight. I've got no complaints with that description. 5 games...4 pts in limited ice time when he gets in the line up. Stuff happens when that guy is playing.
the team is 2-2-1 when he plays, cant say taht for most of the lineup.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 06:15 PM
  #15
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,662
vCash: 500
Lol TXPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd
Two assists tonight. I've got no complaints with that description. 5 games...4 pts in limited ice time when he gets in the line up. Stuff happens when that guy is playing.

Come on they were both deflections. Anyway kudos to him. He played well...as did the whole team tonight.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 11:45 PM
  #16
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon
Come on they were both deflections. Anyway kudos to him. He played well...as did the whole team tonight.
exactly. he is small. gets knocked around. where was he? both assists were a result of being in the house of pain in front of the net.

txpd is offline  
Old
11-05-2003, 04:46 AM
  #17
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
usiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Malaz City
Country: San Marino
Posts: 9,876
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Pucks seem to gravitate to scorers and though its way early they are for Semin.

usiel is offline  
Old
11-05-2003, 07:57 AM
  #18
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,662
vCash: 500
i like that

"House of pain"

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
11-05-2003, 08:09 AM
  #19
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon
"House of pain"
yes, that area in front of the net where defensemen routinely bruise bobby holik, much less a smaller guy like semin. there is a price for admission to that area and a bigger price to get anything done there.

txpd is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.