Notices

Stars sign Lundqvist

Old
05-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Dallasman

vCash: 500
Stars sign Lundqvist

http://www.dallasstars.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=5755

Another one who will be in Iowa next season.

Dallasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 07:24 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasman

great now lets get fransson khomitsky and neal signed

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc
According to this post, Fransson will sign a 2 year deal with Frolunda in the SEL(the team Eriksson played 2 years for). Hopefully he won't get benched everytime he makes a mistake there.

-Vagrant
Chaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 08:58 PM
________

vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
According to this post, Fransson will sign a 2 year deal with Frolunda in the SEL(the team Eriksson played 2 years for). Hopefully he won't get benched everytime he makes a mistake there.
Well Lundqvist signed a 1 year extension with Frolunda, like a month ago so i doubt that means anything it could be just to try and get more money possibly.Also Fransson already signed a 2 year deal with Frolunda it was on elite prospects a few days ago.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 09:09 PM
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc
also Naslund, and Guyer(at least just for Iowa)

Old
05-24-2006, 03:25 AM
TexMurphy

Reason Joel signed with Frölunda for 1 more year was to put preasure on the Stars and out of loyalty to Frölunda.

IIHF signed players have to be signed by NHL teams no later then 15th of june. Unsigned IIHF players can join NHL teams up until january.

Fransson is far from ready for the NHL but hopefully we will make him ready for you.

Fransson will be one of our two go to PP QBs this year.

About the comment about getting benched for every mistake in frölunda.

Im sure this is related to Loui.

Loui was one of the players that suffered the most from the NHL lockout. His SEL breakout year got totally spoiled by the roster getting flooded with NHL players.

The way it works when we bring up our juniors from the junior team is that they get one year to show if they can handle the transition. The transition step is quite big from juniors to SEL. They get quite alot of icetime on the 3rd or 4th line and fill out top line spots when players are injured. After that year they either stay with the team or are sent to a Tier 2 team. Year two they get more responsibility and more icetime.

Loui definatly deserved his year two and was schedueled to have alot of icetime on 2nd or 3rd line. But then came the NHL players and he was pushed down to the fourthline and eventually out of the roster when Alfredsson arrived.

Another thing the lockout screwed for Loui was that Magnus Kahnberg (now signed by StL) got much less icetime during the lockout which delayed his NHL contract one year.

If the lockout hadnt been Loui would have been playing fulltime 2nd line instead of Kahnberg this year.

Anyways you should be happy that Fransson signed with frölunda. Its the top tallent development program in sweden and he got signed because the new defense coach (Calle Johansson, ex caps defender) wanted him.

Tex

TexMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 04:46 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasman

Joel is a great team player. I can't find any stats too prove this but it wouldn't suprise me if he leads the SEL in body checks. Even though he isn't the top scorer in Frölunda I think many fans (including my self) would say that he is the teams MVP.

And I'm a little bit suprised seeing such a comment after getting humiliated by the Avs in the first round. I only saw one game but it looked like players like Joel were missing from the roster. And I think this is why the Stars management has signed Joel after they saw his play in the World C.

Good luck in Dallas Joel! We will miss you in Scandinavium!

And I have too agree with what Tex wrote. The SEL and all other top leagues in Europe were full with lockout players. Many teams tried too sign as many as possible with hopes of making the playoffs. But some teams only took home players that had played for the club earlier. Frölunda, Modo and Djurgården primarly used hometown players. And of course someone had too take a hit by the lockout year and in Frölunda that was Kahnberg and Loui. I'm sure someone had too step aside when Forsberg and Näslund returned to Modo.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 06:56 AM
Seiza

Send a message via ICQ to Seiza
Finally he gets signed. He will be a perfect fit in the NHL, a great third line center. He is too good to play in the AHL.

Agree what Krm500 wrote, even if I'm not a Frölunda fan.

Seiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 07:22 AM
johnny_rudeboy

vCash: 50
He have played for my teams biggest rivals for some years now and I am glad he is gone

He is way to good for the AHL so I think he will play 3rd or 4th line for Stars. After all he is a world cup gold medalist and have won a couple of Swedish championships as a key player. Not a great goal scorer but an ok playmaker who use his body very well.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Starsdude

I agree I think the stars know the lower lines need work. The Finns (Miets-Kaps and Hagman) just could not score and were too small. The 4th line was a revolving door of awful. Lessard Barnes and Lundqvist could be interesting. Not sure where Ott fits in. Stevenson Perrot Tjarnqvist likely are gone

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
here again the question. Does anybody know why it's a 3-year contract ?

nhl.com says in the CBA fact:
Quote:
How long will a player be in the Entry Level system?

Players who sign their first contract at age 18-21 are required to sign three-year Entry Level contracts; players age 22-23 will be required to sign two-year deals; and players age 24 will be required to sign a one-year Entry Level contract.

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 11:17 AM
TK79

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy
He have played for my teams biggest rivals for some years now and I am glad he is gone

He is way to good for the AHL so I think he will play 3rd or 4th line for Stars. After all he is a world cup gold medalist and have won a couple of Swedish championships as a key player. Not a great goal scorer but an ok playmaker who use his body very well.
The Stars have Modano, Arnott, Kapanen, Barnes and Ott at center. I don't see Lundqvist beating out any of these guys for a roster spot.

TK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Starsdude

Barnes played wing mostly. Ott can also play wing. Kaps had a decent year but I expect the lower lines to be quite different next year. If they feel they have an issue with chemistry and too many finns, Kaps could possibly be traded as Jokinin and Miets are to young and cheap and versatile. Arnott may or may not be coming back. Lundqvist is also someone who is good on face-offs and if Arnott goes that may be important

Old
05-24-2006, 11:30 AM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK79
The Stars have Modano, Arnott, Kapanen, Barnes and Ott at center. I don't see Lundqvist beating out any of these guys for a roster spot.
Modano - First line center
Arnott - UFA, likely gone
Kapanen - Too small to be effective for the third line style
Barnes - Makes a much better right winger
Ott - Is a better energy left winger

Old
05-24-2006, 01:31 PM
TexMurphy

Joel can play wing as well and thats what he most likely will paly for the Stars.

He played center in frölunda and has played wing for the last two years on the national team.

Tex

TexMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Starsdude

Better than Tjarnqvist I hope

Old
05-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Red Cloud

On what TexMurphy said about Joel i must agree, but on Loui Ericsson, i somewhat dissagree.
The games Loui played the lockoutseason with Frölunda, he didnt take his chances, everytime he got on the ice he made himself invisble, hiding, doing his best not to be playable for his teammates, its just not to go out on the ice and hide between the competitors defense and your own players thinking if "i keep myself behind this guy, my guys will play me so i can score, i just hide here, beeing invisible and hope for the best",
Yeah, right some NHL players joined Frölunda, but not more then 5 players, they made their own line, yes Loui was on the bench in the end of the season but everyone i know wondered why, since he didnt make the effort earlier in the season...
IMO, Loui had to bigger rush to get to NHL, now hes barely an average AHL player, but thats IMO.
He would be bether of staying in SEL one more season, at least...

Back to Joel, hes a freaking Duracell, going on and on and on (mostly) if you saw the WC quarters between Teamk Sweden and Team Usa you understand...
Hes sometimes like a pinball just using he´s body to tackle, bring energy into His team and so on...
Im gonna miss him like hell... I guess Stars would put him in a checking line or as a worker for a more technical player...

Red Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 07:17 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Cloud
On what TexMurphy said about Joel i must agree, but on Loui Ericsson, i somewhat dissagree.
The games Loui played the lockoutseason with Frölunda, he didnt take his chances, everytime he got on the ice he made himself invisble, hiding, doing his best not to be playable for his teammates, its just not to go out on the ice and hide between the competitors defense and your own players thinking if "i keep myself behind this guy, my guys will play me so i can score, i just hide here, beeing invisible and hope for the best",
Yeah, right some NHL players joined Frölunda, but not more then 5 players, they made their own line, yes Loui was on the bench in the end of the season but everyone i know wondered why, since he didnt make the effort earlier in the season...
IMO, Loui had to bigger rush to get to NHL, now hes barely an average AHL player, but thats IMO.
He would be bether of staying in SEL one more season, at least...

Back to Joel, hes a freaking Duracell, going on and on and on (mostly) if you saw the WC quarters between Teamk Sweden and Team Usa you understand...
Hes sometimes like a pinball just using he´s body to tackle, bring energy into His team and so on...
Im gonna miss him like hell... I guess Stars would put him in a checking line or as a worker for a more technical player...
Loui just had an awesome season as a rookie in the AHL. What makes you think hes an average AHL player?

Old
05-24-2006, 07:19 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
Better than Tjarnqvist I hope
Tjarnqvist has played well with dallas everytime hes been given more than a game to get going and 2 minutes of icetime. Hes a good player who will do well, probalby with another team.

Old
05-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Stars-Preds

I do expect Lundqvist to be on the Stars roster next season. Looks more and more like Kapanen will be traded.

Stars-Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Starsdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by leg11wand
I do expect Lundqvist to be on the Stars roster next season. Looks more and more like Kapanen will be traded.
What I thouught since the season is over-for picks or possibly to move up in the draft to take atop goalie prospect or scorer. We have no #2 but I doubt he brings more than a#3.

Old
05-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Dallasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by leg11wand
Where are you guys hearing this? I haven't seen or read this anywhere...

Dallasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 11:01 PM
________

Quote:
Where are you guys hearing this? I haven't seen or read this anywhere..
It's speculation,nothing really has been he'ld be better if he played LW with a bigger Center(Checking line), or on the second line instead of being on a checking line center.Though i'ld rather trade him and use Jokinen as the 2nd line Center.

Old
05-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
do you really think we'd get anything for Kapanen ?

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Eriksson is definetly more than an average AHL-player and will maybe play in the NHL as soon as next season.

As for Lundqvist, he is probably better suited to play at wing. Probaly on a 4th line, I have a hard time seeing him better than that.

BTW, anyone have any opinions on Hagos? Is he already of the radar?

Robertsson 4-ever is offline   Reply With Quote