HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

proposal(nyr-ott)

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2003, 06:22 AM
barnaby63

vCash: 500
proposal(nyr-ott)

since this proposal didnt get a response in the ottawa thread i will post it here for more to see.

to new york:
karel rachunek
petr schastlivy

to ottawa:
tom poti
2004 4th round draft pick

if it isnt fair make suggestions on how the deal can work out.

Old
11-07-2003, 06:38 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Rachunek > Poti
Schastlivy > 4th round pick

Add Carter and substract the pick I'd say..

Old
11-07-2003, 06:41 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
since this proposal didnt get a response in the ottawa thread i will post it here for more to see.

to new york:
karel rachunek
petr schastlivy

to ottawa:
tom poti
2004 4th round draft pick

if it isnt fair make suggestions on how the deal can work out.
I wouldn't trade Rachunek for Poti strait up. I understand the concept of shake up, but not giving away the store.

Old
11-07-2003, 06:44 AM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
I wouldn't trade Rachunek for Poti strait up. I understand the concept of shake up, but not giving away the store.

Amen to that, Rachunek is equally good, in my opinion, to Poti at a fraction of the price. I don't see a d'man who can't play defence fiting in with Jacque Martin.

Poti=over-rated

Old
11-07-2003, 06:59 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
It was not worth a response. Before we offer any counter suggestions you might explain why in the world the Sens would make this deal.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:19 AM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value
Rachunek > Poti

Disagree as far as team needs go and talent levels. From what I can tell Ottawa could use a PP QB at the defense position and Poti would fill that with ease. Nothing against Redden, who is a stellar defender/offensive threat but Poti is much better for offense. A little discipline in the Ottawa system would be beneficial for him.

I don't think the Rangers would make this deal regardless...

Can understand that, but the guy is as brittle as Antropov <Covers face in fear of retaliation from Leaf posters> so his value goes down with each and every injury.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:55 AM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Slaughter Value
Rachunek > Poti

Disagree as far as team needs go and talent levels. From what I can tell Ottawa could use a PP QB at the defense position and Poti would fill that with ease. Nothing against Redden, who is a stellar defender/offensive threat but Poti is much better for offense. A little discipline in the Ottawa system would be beneficial for him.

I don't think the Rangers would make this deal regardless...

Can understand that, but the guy is as brittle as Antropov <Covers face in fear of retaliation from Leaf posters> so his value goes down with each and every injury.

Why does Ottawa need a PP quarterback at the Defence position??? Alf plays 2/3rds of the whole PP as the quarterback and does a dam fine job. Then Rachunek comes on for the other 1/3 and is just fine. So your statement of team needs is very far off. To counter you "nothing against redden" comment, Nothing against Poti but the Alf is probably better defensively on the PP than he would be.

Old
11-07-2003, 07:58 AM
Other Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Slaughter Value
Rachunek > Poti

Disagree as far as team needs go and talent levels. From what I can tell Ottawa could use a PP QB at the defense position
Ottawa needs to buff up their PK, not their PP (which is one of the best in the league).

Quote:

The last time Schastlivy sustained an injury was almost a year ago, and the only other injury he sustained was a freak accident.

Other Dave

Closed Thread