HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

What would you rather have?

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
ATL - Stefan and Coburn 10 16.67%
LA - Frolov and Grebeshkov 20 33.33%
PHI - Williams and Woywitka 18 30.00%
SJ - Sturm or Stuart or Hannan 12 20.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Seachd

vCash: 500
What would you rather have?

Okay, out of these speculated* returns for Comrie (or something involving him), which would you rather have and why?

* I'm not saying any of these deals are likely or even possible. There has only been speculation. I just want to know, if these deals were hypothetically available, which one Oiler fans would prefer.

Old
11-04-2003, 01:59 PM
outKast*

if we get either stuart or marleau or both in oiler silks i would be one happy camper

Old
11-04-2003, 02:01 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
I'm a softy for big skilled Russians - so I picked Frolov and Greb.

Old
11-04-2003, 02:04 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I'm a softy for big skilled Russians - so I picked Frolov and Greb.
yep... that's the best offer on the table here although williams and woywitka is a very close second (williams would be great in pisani's spot - what a fantastic 3rd line that would be).

unfortunately, none of these offers are reasonable from the other team's perspective. all are serious overpayments for comrie...

Old
11-04-2003, 02:07 PM
Cujo_31

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflip
if we get either stuart or marleau or both in oiler silks i would be one happy camper

Agreed..

but of those 4 choices, Stefan hasn't proved much in the NHL thus far, & has already been injured quite a bit.

it's a toss up between the LA package of Frolov & Grebeschev or Philly with Justin Williams & Jeff Woywitka.

I voted for the Williams/Woywitka package.

Old
11-04-2003, 02:12 PM
USC Trojans
AD

Frolov and Grebs although I'd like to see Dustin Brown in place of Frolov. Doesn't matter though, cause it aint gonna happen.

Old
11-04-2003, 02:22 PM
FacelessButcher

The problem here is the Frolov+Grebs is obviously the best deal because its imbalanced Edmonton would definetly be adding something to make it work. If it was Comrie+Rita for Frolov+Grebs it might not be killing the polls. The Philly deal is tempting(also unbalanced but not by as much) but went with the L.A. one for my vote

Old
11-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
The Flyers deal would be great!

I think if the sharks were to offer Sturm (or even better Marleau) AND Stuart that would be as nice, however as its posted Frolov+Grebs are the 2nd best in question.

Old
11-04-2003, 02:51 PM
LuckyLUC20

Kings' fans would be pretty ticked if Frolov were involved in the deal...including myself. I'd be very upset with Dave Taylor if he deals Frolov and Grebs. Frolov, IMO is going to be a star in this league... he's only 21 years old and has a huge upside. He's only going to get better. He already has 4 goals in 10 games and is a +5.

Taylor has said that he wants to hang onto Frolov in the past... He's sees the potential in Alex... So, I am hoping he keeps his word... because no way in hell would I be pleased with this.

Old
11-04-2003, 02:53 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
Kings' fans would be pretty ticked if Frolov were involved in the deal...including myself. I'd be very upset with Dave Taylor if he deals Frolov and Grebs. Frolov, IMO is going to be a star in this league... he's only 21 years old and has a huge upside. He's only going to get better. He already has 4 goals in 10 games and is a +5.

Taylor has said that he wants to hang onto Frolov in the past... He's sees the potential in Alex... So, I am hoping he keeps his word... because no way in hell would I be pleased with this.
I think he tried to sell us Frolov before for Anson Carter(he would be a great king matches his style)

Old
11-04-2003, 03:10 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
I think he tried to sell us Frolov before for Anson Carter(he would be a great king matches his style)
Actually I think when Lowe was dealing Carter last March, Frolov's name came up in the negotiations, but Taylor, I think, backed off..

I really have no clue what will happen... but I doubt Comrie will be coming to the Kings now that the Thrashers need a forward after Savard went down. I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit isn't look into the Comrie situation either. However, I know the Oilers' hesitations of dealing within the same conference.

Old
11-04-2003, 03:51 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

I believe Stefan is the only center listed in the poll.(?) I still think we would be better off getting a center in return rather than a winger.

Having said that, the Williams, Woywitka deal looks interesting. They're both good Canadian guys.

Old
11-04-2003, 05:31 PM
ToothlessAggression

For some reason I'd like to see Sturm in an Oilers uniform, I don't even really know why. Hasn't he played center at times?

Old
11-04-2003, 08:55 PM
Walsher

How about none of those guys but more consistency with the players the Oilers have in the locker room. Consistency from goaltending to defense to scoring. They have the tools they just lack the consistency necessary to excel. Examples could be seen in the Detroit and St. Louis games. 5-10 minute lapses cause a team to squander wins.

Closed Thread