HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Ideas for ball hockey systems?

Old
05-21-2006, 05:19 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
OT: Ideas for ball hockey systems?

I have a ball hockey team and we play on a 200x100 rink with a floating blue line (the offensive zone opens up to the red line once you cross the opponent's blue line).

Any idea on what would be effective systems?

We have an offensive team with a lot of skill and four defensemen who can move the puck and shoot.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2006, 05:48 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

The best teams in the country tend to use stretch men , getting the ball to them and having them back the D off. They get the blueline and then can work the ball around. Its very much like soccer in that regard. Alot of teams get the ball to dead areas and work into holes for a good shot from the slot area.
Defensively? - the choice of forecheck seems to be a strong side pinch by the D with the high man covering the weakside, the staggered D covers the behind of his defensive partner. It requires good team work and aggression. In the D zone it depends on your teams strengths. Some teams use their wingers in a help defense, doubling down on top forwards. others play straight up one on ones and rely on the 3 on 3 coverage to be sorted out correctly. Some teams collapse their wingers to track down any forward that gets free and they can still get in shooting lanes. They have to be prepared to block heavy shots from the D.
The Neutral zone I've seen many variations, some teams forming a wall , a 1-4, others use weakside locks, to get the D to come up and get a pinch along the boards.
There are many systems and with an offensive team you will want to get out on the break, take people on one on one and if the other team defends that then get the blueline and use the whole floor. if you are patient things often open up.

SwisshockeyAcademy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2006, 05:58 PM
AD

4 on 4? I'm a fan of the losenge positioning.

You play 1 stay at home guy who stays in the central corridor, who mans the point when in the offensive zone and stays in front of the net in the D zone.

1 clearly offensive guy, also in the central corridor, always ready to jump on offense, on a break, or run to the corners. This person should be covering the points in the d zone.

and 2 "wingers" with a lot of stamina, to stay on each corridor, fight for balls in the corners and near the boards on D and on O.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Russeltown

Usually we (my team) apply a strong 2-men forecheck on defense.. It works very well on ball hockey.

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 04:48 PM
tinyzombies

It's 5-on-5. We have an offensive team with a lot of skilled forwards and four solid D (three of them are offensive with good shots). Our goaltending is average.

Great posts guys. I figured the stretch pass would be the key. We have D that can strip the puck, and are pretty good in one-on-one battles too.

Old
05-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
If you wanna see the best system,go to Martin Brodeur arena in St-Leonard on Tuesday/Wednesdays to watch the 5 time world champs Montreal Red Lite.

You can go to ballhockeynews.ca and see in the A division when their next game his.Trust me guy's it's like NHL hockey especially when the play the Black Knights.Alex Burrows plays for them.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 12:22 AM
SwisshockeyAcademy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life
If you wanna see the best system,go to Martin Brodeur arena in St-Leonard on Tuesday/Wednesdays to watch the 5 time world champs Montreal Red Lite.

You can go to ballhockeynews.ca and see in the A division when their next game his.Trust me guy's it's like NHL hockey especially when the play the Black Knights.Alex Burrows plays for them.
Red Lite play much like I described, At least offensively. The BlackKnights play a more physical style. Do you play with Red Lite?

Old
05-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1651
Quote:

5 time national champs...lol

although half of team canada that won the last world championship plays for red lite.

who are you guys? I follow PTM very closely, especially the A, both B leagues and the Friday C at Brodeur.

I coach 3 teams... Raging Wolves in the sunday/monday B...Allegria Wolves in the Tuesday B and Allegria Sharks in the Friday C

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisshockeyAcademy
Red Lite play much like I described, At least offensively. The BlackKnights play a more physical style. Do you play with Red Lite?

Nope I will never play in the A division,it's too crazy.I stick to B and C

Old
05-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Nope I will never play in the A division,it's too crazy.I stick to B and C

who do u play for in the B ?

Old
05-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

just winter,Bete Noire usually

Old
05-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
just winter,Bete Noire usually
name?

forward or D?

Old
05-23-2006, 01:12 PM
tinyzombies

I see that Red Lite is playing tonight against CLL. Is this the last game of the season? I cannot find their future schedule... I am out of town today.

Old
05-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I see that Red Lite is playing tonight against CLL. Is this the last game of the season? I cannot find their future schedule... I am out of town today.
Yup they are playing tonight at 7.30 and CLL is a pretty solid team they run run run...

It is the start of the season you can check Friday it should be updated.He will list the games every week.

Old
05-23-2006, 03:10 PM
5 man unit

Any of you guys play in the Dollard league? Until last year, I played in A and B in that league.

A - Dollard Doors
B - Barracudas

5 man unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 05:17 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Yup they are playing tonight at 7.30 and CLL is a pretty solid team they run run run...

It is the start of the season you can check Friday it should be updated.He will list the games every week.

CLL will be no match for Red Lite

Red Lite will run them over. CLL may run alot, but noone runs and moves the ball as much as Red Lite does and thats what makes them so good.

Red Lite has a roster full of snipers and amazing play makers.
Burrows,Gilbert,Fontaine,Frechette,Daoust,Morina,M orello,Roy,thifault,Archambault,Lebrun,Corbeil, and the list goes on.

not to mention, CLL had trouble beating New Bordeau(3-1) while red Lite mercy ruled bordeau 8-1 with 16 minutes left in teh 2nd half. (the A is 2 halfs of 18 minutes stop time)

as for the start of the season, yup, it's on the second week..I think the full schedule will be posted soon on ballhockeynews.

Old
05-23-2006, 09:54 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

I was at nationals 2000 and 2002. We played the Millenium in 2000 which I think became Redlite. We did not play Redlite in 2002 but saw them play. We played the BlackKnights in 2002 nationals and lost 2-1. We were outplayed by a large margin but not a bad effort from a Pesky little team on Cape Breton Island. A team from Montreal with Morello and Roy as well as some others made the trip down to our regionals until 2002. I think they called themselves the Selects. We did beat them in a semi final. other years they were trouncing teams with only 2 lines. Pretty remarkable. have not played in a league in a few years as we did not have one. I have since moved and will be back in the Maritime League- halifax and area..

Old
05-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Russeltown

BTW I played against Lecavalier's cousin this evening! He's as tall as Vincent, and he certainly played many times with him, he did a lot of dekes à la Lecavalier I had 3 assists! Not bad for a defenseman.

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Markov79

Quote:
Originally Posted by 201127
Any of you guys play in the Dollard league? Until last year, I played in A and B in that league.

A - Dollard Doors
B - Barracudas
yeah i play in one of the lower divisions. my team is so far winless but we are showing steady improvement. and by steady improvement i mean we are scoring goals.

Markov79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 01:25 AM
tinyzombies

Got there too late tonight. Red Lite had already mercied CLL 10-1. Some Red Lite guys were playing half-court against some Black Knight guys, I guess in preparation for the Nationals. They were big, fast, agile, and aggressive with decent hand skills. The vision was ok, but I'm guessing it was their second line guys. St-Louis was in nets. They were just winging the ball around, nothing too hard.

New Bordeaux came on next against some other team. I recognized a few of those guys from NDG from years ago.

My team is pretty good, I'm kind of excited. I put together the best players from three teams (two in the www.LSHL.net). We should be pretty good for the B League at Concordia, but time will tell. We beat a middle of the pack team there 6-3, but only had some scrubbs, not our full team. We should probably move up to A, but that's a different night and I'd probably lose players (plus, we don't know yet if we really are good enough).

Are there any tourneys within Montreal coming up?

Old
05-24-2006, 03:28 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

like I said, Red Lite would run all over CLL..

They only played one half.. 11-1

Old
05-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Wow thats pretty good,Red Lite added some good young players.They won't loose a game all season

Old
05-24-2006, 01:07 PM
kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Got there too late tonight. Red Lite had already mercied CLL 10-1. Some Red Lite guys were playing half-court against some Black Knight guys, I guess in preparation for the Nationals. They were big, fast, agile, and aggressive with decent hand skills. The vision was ok, but I'm guessing it was their second line guys. St-Louis was in nets. They were just winging the ball around, nothing too hard.

New Bordeaux came on next against some other team. I recognized a few of those guys from NDG from years ago.

My team is pretty good, I'm kind of excited. I put together the best players from three teams (two in the www.LSHL.net). We should be pretty good for the B League at Concordia, but time will tell. We beat a middle of the pack team there 6-3, but only had some scrubbs, not our full team. We should probably move up to A, but that's a different night and I'd probably lose players (plus, we don't know yet if we really are good enough).

Are there any tourneys within Montreal coming up?

kobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 01:11 PM
kobe

Comme on peut le voir, il y a une énorme coche entre le B et le A. CLL ont gagné le B cet hiver alors de les voir se faire massacrer de la sorte, ça montre la domination et le talent du Red Lite. 11-1 merci bonsoir pis après le Red Lite ont joué entre eux sur le half court. Et c'est vrai que le Red Lite ont ajouté d'excellents jeunes joueurs qu'on a pas l'occasion de voir très souvent.

kobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Wow thats pretty good,Red Lite added some good young players.They won't loose a game all season
they really didnt add any young players

It's the same team except for the addition of Johnny Morina